Is Lady Gaga just a Generic New Madonna?

Options
AntonLATroy
AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
edited March 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
I listen to her music Look at her style and it just seems like she is Madonna rip off. Her musical approach, her style and demeanor all seem like late 80's Madonna but without that special something. No Disrespect meant but Madonna even being 50 something is better to look at then Gaga lol

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    She doesn't even deserve to be compared to Madonna... ? all that "ramramramhahrhalamraaahm" ?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    actually Madonna is nothing more than a watered down cyndi lauper, idk how you could call her 'original'

people ? me acting like she created something, she piggy backed on someone elses career

And frankly neither gaga or Madonna ar attractive right now, have you seen madonna unphotoshopped pics? Google it. She looks haggard
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    actually Madonna is nothing more than a watered down cyndi lauper, idk how you could call her 'original'

people ? me acting like she created something, she piggy backed on someone elses career

Madonna's first album dropped in 1982...Cyndi Lauper's in 1984. Then Madonna dropped her second and third albums in '84 and summer '85. She had 3 albums out before Cyndi Lauper even dropped her second in late '86.

Anyway, of course Lady Gaga takes elements from Madonna...almost every female artist (especially pop) does now. Madonna changed the game. But I think Gaga can stand on her own. Vocally she is nothing like Madonna, she's a classically trained pianist and their ascetics are somewhat different. They tackle different themes.
  • haute
    edited March 2010
    Options
    um madonnas first album dropped 1983 not 82 the same year as laupers

with that aside do you know how long Cyndi was touring before her album dropped???

Like I said Madonna is nothing more than a watered down Cyndi
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont check 4 ol girl or gaga.....

but i will say this.... if she is as big as yall say she is.... when she dies its gone be EPIC...... ( and i kno mtv/vh1 gone go crazy)
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Anyway, of course Lady Gaga takes elements from Madonna...almost every female artist (especially pop) does.
    I been saynig this. People need to stop comparing so much. EVERY ARTIST takes elements from other artists. Michael jackson did it. Prince did it. Madonna did it. Beyonce did it. Your favs did it. Get over it. You can be inspired without biting.
  • Mr. R&B
    Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's not like Madonna ? STOLE Cyndiy Lauper's persona, or something. She was just inspired by her and became her own unique form of artist in the process. There's a big difference between the two of them.

As for Lady ? , she's just... Garbage. "Different/unorthodox" doesn't necessary equal good. Especially in her case. Whatever she borrowed/stole from Madonna, I'm sure Madonna would want her to keep lol.

I agree with buttuh_b. Madonna and Cyndi Lauper? Fair comparison. GaGa and Madonna? Not so much.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gaga is the best thing out in a while
    original and unique is what music needs
    i doubt she's swagger jaccin Madonna cuz aint nothing new under the sun
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    She doesn't even deserve to be compared to Madonna... ? all that "ramramramhahrhalamraaahm" ?

Real talk she has a long way to go before she can be compared to Madonna
  • KillaCham
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mr. R&B wrote: »
    It's not like Madonna ? STOLE Cyndiy Lauper's persona, or something. She was just inspired by her and became her own unique form of artist in the process. There's a big difference between the two of them.

As for Lady ? , she's just... Garbage. "Different/unorthodox" doesn't necessary equal good. Especially in her case. Whatever she borrowed/stole from Madonna, I'm sure Madonna would want her to keep lol.

I agree with buttuh_b. Madonna and Cyndi Lauper? Fair comparison. GaGa and Madonna? Not so much.
    Ok and how has GaGa STOLE from Madaonna? Has Madonna ever even made a concept album before???
  • Mr. R&B
    edited March 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Ok and how has GaGa STOLE from Madaonna? Has Madonna ever even made a concept album before???
    Where did I say GaGa stole from Madonna?

I clearly stated that they can't and shouldn't be compared. And that *whatever* GaGa *borrowed* from Madonna, Madonna would want her to keep . Implying, that I see no resemblance between the two and that GaGa doesn't even come close to Madonna.

I also answered "no" to the poll. ;)
  • focus
    edited March 2010
    Options

False.

Madonna's first album dropped November 30, 1982. Lauper's debut didn't drop until '84. By the time Lauper dropped her sophmore effort in '86, Madonna had already dropped "Like a ? " ('84), "True Blue" ('85), and "Like a Prayer" ('86). Feel free to check both their official websites or any other credible source.

http://www.madonna.com/music/

http://www.cyndilauper.com/index.php?module=discography
  • KillaCham
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mr. R&B wrote: »
    Where did I say GaGa stole from Madonna?

I clearly stated that they can't and shouldn't be compared. And that *whatever* GaGa *borrowed* from Madonna, Madonna would want her to keep . Implying, that I see no resemblance between the two and that GaGa doesn't even come close to Madonna.

I also answered "no" to the poll. ;)
    Def misread your posts. Either way these comparisons are stupid. Everybody is being compared to someone else these days. =\
  • Mr. R&B
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Def misread your posts.
    No biggie. :)
    Either way these comparisons are stupid. Everybody is being compared to someone else these days. =\
    Agreed. Everybody has their influences. How many artists sound like Prince? How many artists dance like Michael Jackson?

Nothing wrong with that.
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited March 2010
    Options
    damn people, just people she looked like madonna in her wack ass telephone vid she's the new madonna, stop it
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited March 2010
    Options

with that aside do you know how long Cyndi was touring before her album dropped???

Like I said Madonna is nothing more than a watered down Cyndi

it doesn't really matter who dropped first.

everybody pretty much had the same style in the 80's. from the rock bands with the crazy big hair, to r&b artists who rocked the jheri curls. it was the "in" thing

can't say who bit who back then. and it shouldn't matter, it was an era.

to answer the question, yes she is...
  • haute
    edited March 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    False.

Madonna's first album dropped November 30, 1982. Lauper's debut didn't drop until '84. By the time Lauper dropped her sophmore effort in '86, Madonna had already dropped "Like a ? " ('84), "True Blue" ('85), and "Like a Prayer" ('86). Feel free to check both their official websites or any other credible source.

http://www.madonna.com/music/

http://www.cyndilauper.com/index.php?module=discography
    naw homie 1983

her first single was in 82' but the album was 83'

you got it confused, its ok though

http://www.billboard.com/artist/madonna/bio/50294#/artist/madonna/bio/50294

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/madonna/biography
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea like somebody said before..."u cant be inspired and not bite something from that artist. i mean if the King of Pop, Michael Jackson borrowed from a NUMBER of artist.

if this is true than.....

Michael Jackson ripped off Jackie Wilson, James Brown, etc.

Beyonce ripped off Tina Turner, Janet Jckson, Diana Ross, Aaliyah etc.

Usher ripped off Michael Jackson & Bobby Brown.

India Irie ripped off Erykah Badu

Keyshia Cole ripped off Mary J Blige & Monica.

i could go on and on with this non sense!
  • focus
    edited March 2010
    Options
    naw homie 1983

her first single was in 82' but the album was 83'

you got it confused, its ok though

http://www.billboard.com/artist/madonna/bio/50294#/artist/madonna/bio/50294

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/madonna/biography

I would still take the word of her official discography over a random article from Rolling Stone. The Billboard link doesn't work.

And, no matter how you slice it, '82 or '83, Madonna still dropped first.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • AntonLATroy
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gaga>>>Mad

you are tripping LOL. I still think the majority of GaGas gimmicks is derived from Madonnas shock and awe tactics of the 80's and 90's
  • ItzGravitation
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you are tripping LOL. I still think the majority of GaGas gimmicks is derived from Madonnas shock and awe tactics of the 80's and 90's

Lady Gaga is better looking and creative if you ask me
  • AntonLATroy
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lady Gaga is better looking and creative if you ask me

lol better Looking seriously? are you male or female? I ask because no man I hacv spoken with to date agrees lol hell no woman agrees
  • ItzGravitation
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol better Looking seriously? are you male or female? I ask because no man I hacv spoken with to date agrees lol hell no woman agrees

male
    Maddona old as hell
    she could be my grandmother
  • AntonLATroy
    edited March 2010
    Options
    male
    Maddona old as hell
    she could be my grandmother

lol so that is what is happening now Ageism? LOL Madonna the Grandma > Gaga the ugly weirdo