How accurate is it to say Eminem's biggest buzz in the black community/hood/ghetto

Options
Dretox2010
Dretox2010 Members Posts: 1,295
edited January 2010 in The Reason
was when he made The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP & the 8 Mile Soundtrack those Album's were being played by black people or purchased by black people

But when he made The Eminem Show because at that time he was just a mega super star that Album black people didn't support or listen to him much during that time cos when The Eminem Show came out white people supported him more then ever so the feeling in the black community was

'oh look every white person is buying Eminem's Album's now lil girls who play with barbie doll's and live in Utah are buying his Album's it's not we don't like Eminem anymore it's just we don't wanna be associated with those kinda people who buy his Album's'

No hate but tell me there isn't some element of truth to what i'm saying? it's like Air Force One's everyone was wearing them in the hood but when they became commercialized and everyone caught on people stopped wearing them in the hood

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why are you so repetitive with your threads?
  • Dretox2010
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Why are you so repetitive with your threads?

This thread has never been made before but the point had been mentioned by someone so i decided to make a thread cos i do feel it is a valid point
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    whatever you say dretox. You stay making Eminem threads, i mean thats your favorite rapper and all but come on now.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Only Em album Imo that ? really liked WAS the Eminem Show. Followed by the 8 mile soundtrack, solely off the strength of Wanksta and Lose yourself.

The vast majority of Black consumers have never been Eminem "fans". At most he gets props and acclaim for his lyrical ability and in the beginning of his career, he got the "head nod" of acceptance cuz nobody could doubt Dre's resume. That's it.
  • Dretox2010
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Only Em album Imo that ? really liked WAS the Eminem Show. Followed by the 8 mile soundtrack, solely off the strength of Wanksta and Lose yourself.

The vast majority of Black consumers have never been Eminem "fans". At most he gets props and acclaim for his lyrical ability and in the beginning of his career, he got the "head nod" of acceptance cuz nobody could doubt Dre's resume. That's it.

That's where i disagree with you Black people loved The Slim Shady LP & The Marshall Mathers LP that's where his biggest buzz in the Black community came from those 2 Album's and the 8 Mile Soundtrack like you mentioned

I think you naive if you think Black people are not fan's of Eminem now if you said to me people over 25 lets say who are Black were never fan's of his or purchased his records that's more accurate but i don't think you realize how many young Black people especially Black females were bumping Eminem's Album's and really did get into him during that Slim Shady LP & Marshall Mathers LP era
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dretox2010 wrote: »
    That's where i disagree with you Black people loved The Slim Shady LP & The Marshall Mathers LP that's where his biggest buzz in the Black community came from those 2 Album's and the 8 Mile Soundtrack like you mentioned

I think you naive if you think Black people are not fan's of Eminem now if you said to me people over 25 lets say who are Black were never fan's of his or purchased his records that's more accurate but i don't think you realize how many young Black people especially Black females were bumping Eminem's Album's and really did get into him during that Slim Shady LP & Marshall Mathers LP era

You might...might have a point in regards to The Marshall Mathers LP and I only say that because that was his highest selling album (logcally more units sold=higher chance that consumers other than mostly whites bought the album). But still no, as a Black man, I seriously doubt any Black people were ever big fans of Eminem or that he had his biggest buzz among Blacks with these past 2 albums. Why you ask? Because the arguement for the Best Rapper Alive was NEVER more heated than it was in the years 2001-2004 (the Jay/Nas beef sparked the entire debate). At the time, who couldn't mention Em? He was selling a ridiculous amount of records, had apparently outshined one of the other candidates on his own song, and the success of 8 Mile (both as a film and soundtrack) kept him the spotlight.

Also, IMO the Eminem Show was Em's best album in terms of mass appeal. Songs like "Superman" and "Cleaning out My Closet" had a lot of broad appeal, more than any Em single I can think off.

And pretty sure the few Black fans Em has ARE probably around and over the 25 age group. Em's been around for a decade. Anyone younger falls into the Lil' Wayne and his ilk fan category.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's always been respected in the black community, but after Em Show, 50 had more buzz.

Right now, I think he's got as many blk fans as white, maybe more white. Still doesn't mean I can't support him.
  • Dretox2010
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's always been respected in the black community, but after Em Show, 50 had more buzz.

Right now, I think he's got as many blk fans as white, maybe more white. Still doesn't mean I can't support him.

I'm a huge Eminem fan but even i gotta admit to say he has as many Black fan's as White is not true lol
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Em's buzz was at its peak when MMLP dropped
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure dre's a white dude wishing black people will co-sign his hero. just come out and say you wanna suck dude off and keep it movin
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dretox2010 wrote: »
    was when he made The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP & the 8 Mile Soundtrack those Album's were being played by black people or purchased by black people

But when he made The Eminem Show because at that time he was just a mega super star that Album black people didn't support or listen to him much during that time cos when The Eminem Show came out white people supported him more then ever so the feeling in the black community was

'oh look every white person is buying Eminem's Album's now lil girls who play with barbie doll's and live in Utah are buying his Album's it's not we don't like Eminem anymore it's just we don't wanna be associated with those kinda people who buy his Album's'

No hate but tell me there isn't some element of truth to what i'm saying? it's like Air Force One's everyone was wearing them in the hood but when they became commercialized and everyone caught on people stopped wearing them in the hood

lol now dretox u know u kool & all but u r way off about this emerican hood ? ..nobody stop'd rockin af1z out herr wat n da world is u talkin about?...& feminem was neva a hit n da hood ova herr n emerica black people wit sense seen da gimmick n feminem wit hi my name is..,da blackz that did/du listen 2 feminem ? ova herr n emerica r OREOZ they da type 2 let a redneck like feminem call them N!GGER & dont du ? ...once benzino drop'd them racist tapez of feminem he lost all his respect n da black community only oreoz is still on that redneckz ? ..& da white man runz rap so these black industry rapperz have no choice but 2 suck feminemz dicc & kiss his azz & let him use black musik like elvis...
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure dre's a white dude wishing black people will co-sign his hero. just come out and say you wanna suck dude off and keep it movin

naw Dretox is a Hindu?Indian Chick over in the UK but you are right about the rest...
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    naw Dretox is a Hindu?Indian Chick over in the UK but you are right about the rest...

so an indian hindu broad in the uk is worried about ? in the ghettos of america like a white rapper? sit yo ass in corner and stop worrying about hood ? ? .
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Eminem still Rap? When he coming out with an album?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    throwback thread since Dretox/shadyteam stays lurking this ones by you...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry partna you know what time it is!
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what Im getting from this thread is that t/s believes black to equal hood and/or ghetto???
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Whites are the main reason Em is so highly esteemed!
    You do have a demographic of the population that is racially tolerant that celebrate diversity!
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    why was this thread bumped?
    Em has a cemented spot in hip hop like it or not.
    it doesnt matter if you black or white, dude is the biggest thing to happen in hip hop
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what Im getting from this thread is that t/s believes black to equal hood and/or ghetto???

threadstarter is as delusional as Bruse Wane thinking she grew up in the hood because she has two black friends and since their Eminem fans they speak for all black people
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    just drop the subject then!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    this thread title ? me off... ? shady
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    it doesnt matter if you black or white, dude is the biggest thing to happen in hip hop

The dude who bumped it is trying to rekindle some memories to when his name wasnt tarnished.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black people dont listen to eminem like that
    i doubt anybody thats not white and a ? junkie ? ? living in the uk does.
    ? eminem and anybody that love 'em
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »

The dude who bumped it is trying to rekindle some memories to when his name wasnt tarnished.

you still a trick ? so your comments surprise noone especially you cosigning a ? ? who shares your same ideals...

I bumped the thread for the ? of it so it is what it is and ? Eminem and his stanbase of in and out the closet homos...
This discussion has been closed.