Anyone checking for the upcoming Kelis "fleshtones" album?

Options
marie addams
marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
35jcs9j.jpg
Following a tumultuous year that included a highly publicized divorce from rapper Nas, the birth of her first child and numerous family court hearings, Kelis is finally back with a new label home, a new album and a new sound. Now signed to Interscope Records through will.i.am Music Group, she premiered the single "Acapella"-her first new material since 2006's "Kelis Was Here"-online in November. On the track, produced by David Guetta and inspired by her son, the New York-raised singer/songwriter takes her hip-hop-driven style in a more electronic/dance direction. Other songs on the anticipated eight-song project include "4th of July," produced by DJ Ammo; "Kids," inspired by homosexual clubgoers; the acoustic-guitar based "Carefree American," produced by Jean Baptiste; and "Alive," helmed by Diplo. Kelis is currently in the studio with label head Will.i.am.

It sounds like she's going the "club kid" direction this time around based on the 2 singles i've heard. I've always preferred the "neptunes" kelis but I think rolling with will.i.am might give this album some credibility.

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    She's done a few Dance tracks in the past so it's not really that far out her comfort zone. I dunno, I did like Acapella so it could be decent. Diplo = win
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Queen of Hearts: Off with their heads
    fleshtone mixtape

kelis2.jpg

*tracklist*

1. Handful (intro)
    2. No Security (Crookers vs. Bart Bmore)
    3. Acapella (David Guetta vs. Benny Banssi)
    4. Bossy (Switch vs. Alan Braxe and Fred Falke)
    5. 4th of July (Flesh Tone Album Snippet)
    6. Grey Goose (Free School feat. Apl d ap vs. Stardust)
    7. Milkshake (Mighty Fools vs. Major Lazer)
    8. Get Along with You (Laidback Luke vs. Mstrkrft (Goldenchyld Blend))
    9. Home (Flesh Tone Album Snippet)
    10. Caught Out There (Eric Prydz Blend)
    11. Scream (Flesh Tone Album Snippet)
    12. Lil Star (Linus Loves Remix)
    13. 22nd Century (Flesh Tone Album Snippet)

http://www.mixcrate.com/mix/7448/Queen-of-Hearts:-Off-with-their-HeadsKelis:-Flesh-Tone-Mixtape

features snippets from about 4 of the new tracks mixed with older remixed tracks.
    nice workout mix