Billboard's List Future Rock & Roll Hall of Famers

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Billboards List In Order:

We've come up with a list of stars who've made huge marks over the last 25 years and calculated how long they have to wait to get the Rock Hall nod (only 23 years left, Lady Gaga!). Check out our list, and tell us which of your faves is most worthy of the honor.

http://www.billboard.com/#/slideshow...w&confirm=true

1. BEYONCE: 2028
grammy-preview-beyonce-is-queen-of-the-nomination-pack-Maxwell-should-win-Song-of-the-year-thumb-400xauto-6114.jpg

2. J. Timberlake: 2027
justintimberlake.jpg

5. Jay-Z: 2021
Jay-Z3.jpg

6. Alicia Keys: 2026
alicia-keys-doesnt-mean-anything-video.jpg

Comments

• focus
    edited March 2010
    Options
    9. Mariah Carey: 2015
    mariah-carey-29.JPG

13. Lady GaGa:2033
    lady-gaga-paparazzi.jpg

28. Aaliyah: 2019
    aaliyah4.jpg

30. Kanye West: 2029
    kanye_west-gal-products.jpg
  • focus
    edited March 2010
    Options
    44. Usher: 2019
    usher-face.jpg

45. Britney Spears: 2024
    normal_012720200.jpg
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited March 2010
    Options
    INteresting thread I would love to see the rest of the list but the link isnt working =\
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Just saw the full list... Disappointed in the non inclusion of One Republic... Also disappointed in the inclusion of 50 cent
  • focus
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Full List

BEYONCE

Year of Eligibility: 2028

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

Year of Eligibility: 2027

NIRVANA

Year of Eligibility: 2014

SHAKIRA

Year of Eligibility: 2020

JAY-Z

Year of Eligibility: 2021

ALICIA KEYS

Year of Eligibility: 2026

GREEN DAY

Year of Eligibility: 2015

EMINEM

MARIAH CAREY

Year of Eligibility: 2015

BEASTIE BOYS

Year of Eligibility: 2011

CARRIE UNDERWOOD

Year of Eligibility: 2030

NINE INCH NAILS

LADY GAGA

Year of Eligibility: 2033

PEARL JAM

Year of Eligibility: 2016

TIM MCGRAW

Year of Eligibility: 2018

PINK

Year of Eligibility: 2025

LIL WAYNE

Year of Eligibility: 2024

JOHN MAYER

Year of Eligibility: 2026

PUBLIC ENEMY

Year of Eligibility: 2012

BLACK EYED PEAS

Year of Eligibility: 2023

SUGARLAND

Year of Eligibility: 2029

BACKSTREET BOYS

50 CENT

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND

Year of Eligibility: 2019

ARCADE FIRE

WU-TANG CLAN

KINGS OF LEON

AALIYAH

JONAS BROTHERS

Year of Eligibility: 2031

KANYE WEST

NORAH JONES

WEEZER

TAYLOR SWIFT

Year of Eligibility: 2031

SNOOP DOGG

FOO FIGHTERS

Year of Eligibility: 2020

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Year of Eligibility: 2017

RADIOHEAD

MAROON 5

N.W.A.

OASIS

SHANIA TWAIN

TIMBALAND

Year of Eligibility: 2011

PHISH

USHER

BRITNEY SPEARS

Year of Eligibility: 2024

GUNS N ROSES

MARY J. BLIGE

NO DOUBT

GARTH BROOKS

NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

2PAC

Year of Eligibility: 2016
  • focus
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How is Timbaland eligible next year?

Just FYI, Whitney Houston and Sade are eligible this year
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited March 2010
    Options
    huge marks? beyonce #1?

why is she number one. britney has sold more records and tours and is a pop icon, ? was a utter superstar, that last of her kind

princess of pop, ? was beyyonce?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    any news on whose supposed to make it this and next year, im pullin for my fav rock band to get in...
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree with some of these choices, but other choices are embarrassing. Britney Spears? Usher? JONAS BROTHERS? C'mon son.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jesus Christ Taylor Swift gets in the rock and roll hall of fame off 1 album?? These folks weren't checking for Wayne til Carter 3 either and he's already in?? Same with Jonas Brothers and Lady Gaga.. I don't agree with Aaliyah or Notorious B.I.G. either..
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited March 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Taylor Swift gets in the rock and roll hall of fame off 1 album?? These folks weren't checking for Wayne til Carter 3 either and he's already in?? Same with Jonas Brothers and Lady Gaga.. I don't agree with Aaliyah or Notorious B.I.G. either..

they r not getting in , in that yr they are able to be voted on if they could make it
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Of the people in the original post, I can only see Mariah Carey and possibly Beyonce as definites.

Aaliyah has pretty much no shot. No disrespect to her intended, but her career wasn't long enough, nor was she as successful as either Mariah or Beyonce.

The Hall is pretty much ? , though. I mean, come on, ? ABBA gets in and KISS isn't? That's complete nonsense.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah I don't see Aaliyah making the Hall of Fame.
  • focus
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Of the people in the original post, I can only see Mariah Carey and possibly Beyonce as definites.

Aaliyah has pretty much no shot. No disrespect to her intended, but her career wasn't long enough, nor was she as successful as either Mariah or Beyonce.

The Hall is pretty much ? , though. I mean, come on, ? ABBA gets in and KISS isn't? That's complete nonsense.

Jay-Z is a definite. Justin/N'Sync most likely as well. Beyonce will get in solo and with Destiny's Child also. Britney has good shot too.

They all hold some crazy records.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Jay-Z is a definite. Justin/N'Sync most likely as well. Beyonce will get in solo and with Destiny's Child also. Britney has good shot too.

They all hold some crazy records.

It's not just about selling records. Influence, and longevity also play a part in it. But then, the Hall doesn't always play by its own rules.

Jay-Z is not a sure thing. LL Cool J is eligible, and had a very successful career, and he's not in. The Beastie Boys became eligible around the same time as RUN-DMC, were the first hip-hop act to have a #1 album, and are still active, and they aren't in. Right now, RUN-DMC and Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five are the only hip-hop acts in the HOF, and neither of them have sold as many records as Jay-Z. Jay-Z is NOT a lock, by any means.

Beyonce MAY get in as a solo artist, depending on how much longevity she ends up having, but you can forget about Destiny's Child getting in as a group. Same applies to Justin Timberlake. Depending on how his career ultimately goes, he may have a shot as a solo artist, but no way is N'Sync or any other boy band getting in. Again, it's not all about how many records you sell. Many of the people who vote to admit an artist into the HOF are music critics, so no way are they voting in a group from one the worst eras of music. Which means you can forget about Britney Spears, too.
  • focus
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's not just about selling records. Influence, and longevity also play a part in it. But then, the Hall doesn't always play by its own rules.

Jay-Z is not a sure thing. LL Cool J is eligible, and had a very successful career, and he's not in. The Beastie Boys became eligible around the same time as RUN-DMC, were the first hip-hop act to have a #1 album, and are still active, and they aren't in. Right now, RUN-DMC and Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five are the only hip-hop acts in the HOF, and neither of them have sold as many records as Jay-Z. Jay-Z is NOT a lock, by any means.

Beyonce MAY get in as a solo artist, depending on how much longevity she ends up having, but you can forget about Destiny's Child getting in as a group. Same applies to Justin Timberlake. Depending on how his career ultimately goes, he may have a shot as a solo artist, but no way is N'Sync or any other boy band getting in. Again, it's not all about how many records you sell. Many of the people who vote to admit an artist into the HOF are music critics, so no way are they voting in a group from one the worst eras of music. Which means you can forget about Britney Spears, too.

I think music is remembered/ages very differently than when it first comes out.

Saying Destiny's Child wont be in is like saying The Supreme's wouldn't have. Destiny's Child is the biggest girl group of all time, has numerous #1's, all the drama and controversy, awards,etc. If they don't get in, what girl group does? People said the same thing about The Supreme's music when it first dropped. Beyonce and DC are a lock.

Same for Britney and someone like, Madonna...who was also a shoe in.

Saying N'Sync wont' is like the saying The Beatles wouldn't. I'm not comparing The Beatles to N'Sync musically, but when The Beatles were out, they were "just a boy band" too. But I'll give you that, N'Sync is no shoe in.

Jay-Z has more #1 albums than anyone in history and has accomplished more than LL Cool J, Run-Dmc, The Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash and whoever else you named COMBINED. He has the sales, impact and critical acclaim. He is a shoe in

And if you mean " longevity" as in, how long someone was around? That means very little. Some of the most popular acts in history, many in the hall of fame, were active for a handful of years. All the people I mentioned have been on top for at least a decade now. Time flies. And they have accomplished more than a lot of artists who have been around 3 times as long.