Racial Stereotypes: How Much Is Too Much?

Options
YC11
YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
My friend(asian) was telling me about how he was drinking grape juice, and his co-workers told him "what you half-black?" It was the Newman grape juice, which is the bomb by the way. He wasn't aware of the stereotype that grape juice is "black" people's drink, I mean, ? ... what do you think of this?

Good thing about having different race of friends is that you get to hear the insights of what others truly think about black people in general(besides from youtube, internet comments) they all tell me the truth.

Let me tell you, ignorance is OUT THE WINDOW with most people, it's mind boggling.

Another story my friend was telling me about was "would you bang a chick that's been with a black guy?" "do you think girls who've been with black guys are loose?' ? like that, the good end of the stereotype as well.

Then there was another thing with CHICKEN.

The way I look at black people and chicken is asian people with rice.

WHO DOESN'T EAT RICE, JAMAICANS, INDIANS, GREEKS, MEXICANS, AFRICANS, TRINIS, WHO THE ? DOESN'T EAT RICE?

Same thing with CHICKEN, WHO DOESN'T EAT CHICKEN????

These people ? me off.

Oh btw, when my boy made that comment about rice and chicken comparison, the guys went... "it's different with blacks and chickens though"

Huh?

Comments.

Comments