anti health care protestors calmly and rationally explain their point of view

Options
BOSS KTULU
BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Social Lounge
just kidding, they actually just throw money at a guy with parkinsons like that scene in the godfather where sonny breaks the reporters camera

http://rawstory.com/rawreplay/2010/03/17/protesters-mock-parkinsons-man/

Comments

• bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Calm is out the door. They are they to pass some ? without even voting on it.

? that, I say fly some planes into the Capitol

(just joking Mr. DHS, just joking :)
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i forget who it was but some other country's president was at a meeting with obama and he said "why are your citizens carrying guns in the streets to protest health?"
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    i forget who it was but some other country's president was at a meeting with obama and he said "why are your citizens carrying guns in the streets to protest health?"

Because we can.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Calm is out the door. They are they to pass some ? without even voting on it.

SMH @ you swallowing Fox News talking points. STOP WATCHING THAT ? SO MUCH man, ? .

The so-called “deem and pass” rule has a long bipartisan history. Congress originally used the rule to “expedite House action in disposing of Senate amendments to House-passed bills” but has recently relied on the procedure to “enact significant, substantive and sometimes controversial propositions.” In 1995, Newt Gingrich’s Republican majority set a new record:

When Republicans took power in 1995, they soon lost their aversion to self-executing rules and proceeded to set new records under Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.). There were 38 and 52 self-executing rules in the 104th and 105th Congresses (1995-1998), making up 25 percent and 35 percent of all rules, respectively. Under Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) there were 40, 42 and 30 self-executing rules in the 106th, 107th and 108th Congresses (22 percent, 37 percent and 22 percent, respectively). Thus far in the 109th Congress, self-executing rules make up about 16 percent of all rules. On April 26, the Rules Committee served up the mother of all self-executing rules for the lobby/ethics reform bill. The committee hit the trifecta with not one, not two, but three self-executing provisions in the same special rule.

So its okay for the GOP to use it for whatever conservative gank they wanna smoke, but if Democrats use it to deliver their legislative Holy Grail, which has been vetted over a 9 MONTH legislative process, then all of the sudden we talkin revolution and jokin buot Muhammed Atta'n buildinz an ? .

CMR youse my dawg, dawg; but on the Health Care issue....? you die slow ? , my fo'-fo' make sure all y'all kids don't grow
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    SMH @ you swallowing Fox News talking points. STOP WATCHING THAT ? SO MUCH man, ? .

The so-called “deem and pass” rule has a long bipartisan history. Congress originally used the rule to “expedite House action in disposing of Senate amendments to House-passed bills” but has recently relied on the procedure to “enact significant, substantive and sometimes controversial propositions.” In 1995, Newt Gingrich’s Republican majority set a new record:

When Republicans took power in 1995, they soon lost their aversion to self-executing rules and proceeded to set new records under Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.). There were 38 and 52 self-executing rules in the 104th and 105th Congresses (1995-1998), making up 25 percent and 35 percent of all rules, respectively. Under Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) there were 40, 42 and 30 self-executing rules in the 106th, 107th and 108th Congresses (22 percent, 37 percent and 22 percent, respectively). Thus far in the 109th Congress, self-executing rules make up about 16 percent of all rules. On April 26, the Rules Committee served up the mother of all self-executing rules for the lobby/ethics reform bill. The committee hit the trifecta with not one, not two, but three self-executing provisions in the same special rule.

So its okay for the GOP to use it for whatever conservative gank they wanna smoke, but if Democrats use it to deliver their legislative Holy Grail, which has been vetted over a 9 MONTH legislative process, then all of the sudden we talkin revolution and jokin buot Muhammed Atta'n buildinz an ? .

CMR youse my dawg, dawg; but on the Health Care issue....? you die slow ? , my fo'-fo' make sure all y'all kids don't grow

You make the mistake of thinking I give a half of a ? about the Grand Old Party.
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You make the mistake of thinking I give a half of a ? about the Grand Old Party.

Never dat.

But this idea that parliamentary game is illegal/unconstitutional/glennbeckadjective is a REPUBLICAN talking point.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Never dat.

But this idea that parliamentary game is illegal/unconstitutional/glennbeckadjective is a REPUBLICAN talking point.

But it is unconstitutional and anti-democratic. I don't care who decides to use it as a talking point this year.

But hey, 90% of the ? they do up there is unconstitutional. They dont give ? , most of the American people dont give a ? , and worse, the Supreme Court dont give a ? .
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But it is unconstitutional and anti-democratic. I don't care who decides to use it as a talking point this year.

But hey, 90% of the ? they do up there is unconstitutional. They dont give ? , most of the American people dont give a ? , and worse, the Supreme Court dont give a ? .

in the same vein, the 60 votes needed for cloture thing is unconstitutional also.

however the fact is, THE CONSTITUTION says this:

Section 5 - Membership, Rules, Journals, Adjournment

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.

Each House shall keep a Journal of its Proceedings, and from time to time publish the same, excepting such Parts as may in their Judgment require Secrecy; and the Yeas and Nays of the Members of either House on any question shall, at the Desire of one fifth of those Present, be entered on the Journal.

Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days, nor to any other Place than that in which the two Houses shall be sitting.

========

That's it. The Senate and the House make their own rules. Its right there in the document.
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options

Libertarian Nihilism.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WELL ? IT!! THE CONSTITUTION IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! lol
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »

lmao

Because were MERICANS! lmao And we needs ta protect eeerr FREEDOMS!
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How come these people dont just admit why they are taking to the streets like that are?

Americans are afraid of a country run by a black guy. Thats all it boils down too. Thats the only explanation I can think of.
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    How come these people dont just admit why they are taking to the streets like that are?

Americans are afraid of a country run by a black guy. Thats all it boils down too. Thats the only explanation I can think of.

they thought Clinton was a psychotic murderer. Any Dem president is inherently illegitimate in their eyes.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options