SMGDH @ the incompetent gangbangers in my city.. Southside Chicago stays losing.

Options
sickbizzle
sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Social Lounge
if you're gonna be strapped, why not learn how to aim at a target and shoot your enemy rather then children?

Police hunt suspects after girl, 7, shot in the head

When shots echoed across their South Side street on a sunny Wednesday afternoon, an 11-year-old girl tried to pull her little sister from the path of the flying bullets.

But Desaree Sanders, 7, was struck in the head, an unintended victim of what police say may have been a gang-related shooting.

A source said Wednesday night that detectives were questioning two males, 16 and 19, about the shooting in the South Chicago neighborhood, but later a police spokesman said the pair had been released after investigators determined they were not involved in the shooting.

No one was in custody this morning, said the spokesman, Officer Hector Alfaro.

Neighbors watch police activity at the scene of the shooting.

Relatives said Desaree was riding her silver scooter outside her grandmother's home in the 8000 block of South Manistee Avenue, enjoying the nice weather with her grandmother and her two sisters, Destinee, 11, and Gina, 2, said Brenda Ware, a relative.

Chicago police say the gunman opened fire on two young men running past the little girl, who inadvertently crossed into the path of the gunfire. As the shots rang out, Destinee tried unsuccessfully to hold her sister back, Ware said.

An off-duty officer who witnessed the shooting called for backup and followed the vehicle for several blocks, Chicago police Cmdr. Eric Carter said.

The two teens were found in a car pulled over near 69th Street and Vernon Avenue, according to a law enforcement source. They were later released, Alfaro said.

The gunman is believed to have fired a semi-automatic, police said. Police are also questioning the apparent intended targets, Carter said. Police suspect the shooting may be gang-related.

Meanwhile Desaree's family gathered to pray for the girl's recovery and make sense of the tragedy.

Desaree is a first-grade student at Bradwell School, 7736 S. Burnham Ave., said Monique Bond, a Chicago Public Schools spokeswoman.

Ware, a registered nurse, said doctors called the girl's prognosis "good" but said that they are worried about pressure in her brain.

They also were worried that she may lose sight in one eye. There were about 50 family members gathered at the hospital praying for the girl's recovery Wednesday evening, she said.

She was shot in the upper right side of her head, Ware said. Doctors found fragments of bullet and shattered bone when they operated, Ware said, adding that the girl was heavily sedated.

"The doctor is very optimistic that she might end up being just the way she was prior to this," said Ware.

"This will not end with Desaree. It's a sad thing, but it happens far too often, too many times and the weather hasn't even gotten warm yet,'' said Ware. "You hear about (gun violence), but today it hit close to home because this is my family."

A neighbor who lives across the street from where the shooting took place said she ran outside after hearing gunshots and screams. She said the girl was lying in a pool of blood on the sidewalk next to a silver scooter.

"I saw her mother crying," said Lucy, who asked that her last name be withheld. "She was saying, 'My baby, my baby, my baby.' "

Police taped off several blocks around where the shooting occurred as they canvassed the area for evidence and questioned residents.

James Wilk, who lives nearby, was walking out of his house when he heard gunshots. Wilk, 21, said he turned around and saw the little girl fall.

"I was in complete shock," said Wilk. "I was terrified."

Wilk, a sophomore at the University of Illinois at Chicago, said gang activity and drive-by shootings are common on the street.

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not too long ago around my where I live a girl I went to school with was at a club and was shot in the head becuase they missed their target. No regard for others.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    They hped to get lucky and hit their target. instead of doing 15 years and having noone real care because two gangbangers or gone he will do live because of the killing of a child
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Relatives said Desaree was riding her silver scooter outside her grandmother's home in the 8000 block of South Manistee Avenue, enjoying the nice weather with her grandmother and her two sisters, Destinee, 11, and Gina, 2

taken out of context this scene sounds picture perfect. what a ? morbid world we live in today.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "miss the ? they want
    and murder innocent kids"
    ---BIG
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is they get to scared to actually roll up on their intended target, instead they shoot into groups of people where they THINK dude might be and they hold the pistol with a faggy limp wrist and start shooting...
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited March 2010
    Options
    [sarcasm]Yup, less gun regulations is exactly what we need to stop this sort of thing. Maybe with less restrictions the 7 year old would have been strapped and able to bust back.[/sarcasm] smh
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    "miss the ? they want
    and murder innocent kids"
    ---BIG

ahhh, beat me to it

not I....one ? 's in my eye
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    [sarcasm]Yup, less gun regulations is exactly what we need to stop this sort of thing. Maybe with less restrictions the 7 year old would have been strapped and able to bust back.[/sarcasm] smh

Gun regulations won't stop this.

I can get a gun in 10 minutes.
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

co-sizzle, doesn't Chicago already have a HANDGUN BAN? ? outta here
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options

illegal guns are legal guns that somebody stole

gun regulations actually will make it harder for hoodlums to get heaters
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options

Virginia's one-a-month law worked.
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options

In some instances,

Most of these guns on the streets never make it to shops and suppliers to be registered as legal. They come straight from the factory through illegal means. It's an inside job.

All gun laws would do is cause the black market to be flooded and the price to go up even more.

Just like alcohol during Prohibition.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the black market to be flooded and the price to go up even more.

if the markets flooded, the price aint goin up
    Most of these guns on the streets never make it to shops and suppliers to be registered as legal. They come straight from the factory through illegal means. It's an inside job.
    source?
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

Yes!

People think that the Gun companies are fighting this. They actually welcome it. The biggest trick one can employ is to make your opposition think that he is fighting you and he controls you all the way.(See Prostetant Movement)

Gun manufacturers would make more money if there were laws on the books because they would just flood the black market and make more profits because the demand would go through the roof.

Why you think the state gov't got involved in the sale of liquor after prohibition?
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if the markets flooded, the price aint goin up

source?

Did the price of Alcohol go up or down during Prohibition?

Does the price of anything go down when the gov't outlaws it if there is a demand for it?

Source? Nah, Im an XXL man.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/firearms-manufacturer-and-its-owner-plead-guilty-to-illegally-selling-firearms-agree-to-surrender-license-85004442.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/interviews/wachtel.html- pay particular attention to the part where he talks about straw purchases and the amount that can actually be traced.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Did the price of Alcohol go up or down during Prohibition?

you said the market would be flooded and prices would go up

that doesnt happen

liquor prices went up when availability went DOWN due to prohibition

and your sources dont say MOST guns come straight from the factory

it just says a "large number" of guns are purchased legally from a seller on behalf of a guy who cant legally do it himself

this is a lot different from your implication that a dude working at the Uzi factory skims a few uzis off the top every month and sends them in a crate to his cuz in Cleveland
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

yes, and already people are trying to blame Mayor Daley like the gunban somehow instigated such increasing violence. that's what people are making fun of like the 7 year ? her scooter should have been packing heat for self defense or something rather ? i dunno, ? makes no sense. wasn't but a few years ago you could still walk into an Illinois gun store and buy an AK or AR-15
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you said the market would be flooded and prices would go up

that doesnt happen

liquor prices went up when availability went DOWN due to prohibition

and your sources dont say MOST guns come straight from the factory

it just says a "large number" of guns are purchased legally from a seller on behalf of a guy who cant legally do it himself

this is a lot different from your implication that a dude working at the Uzi factory skims a few uzis off the top every month and sends them in a crate to his cuz in Cleveland

Dont involve my city in this debate... we go to Gunshows which are legal here in good ol Ohio>>>>>> your state
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the majority of our murder rate is attributed to gangs, who then get their funding through black market drugs. As long as a black market exists, there will be high levels of violence

I don't think it has nothing to do with a gun ban either, but it can't be any worse. A criminal who risks nothing, will go for everything
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dont involve my city in this debate... we go to Gunshows which are legal here in good ol Ohio>>>>>> your state

that ? was crazy. What's even crazier is that I read nobody got hurt
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thats what happens when idiots shoot like this:
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    because Chicago has loose gun laws that caused this, right?
    Gun manufacturers would make more money if there were laws on the books because they would just flood the black market and make more profits because the demand would go through the roof.
    there are several reasons - let's start with America's litigious society - that this comment is not accurate
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    wasn't but a few years ago you could still walk into an Illinois gun store and buy an AK or AR-15
    this is unrelated, buti have a suspicion here that you are one of those people who doesn't understand how the AWB worked
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    this is unrelated, buti have a suspicion here that you are one of those people who doesn't understand how the AWB worked

yea i don't you're right, i've never really cared as i'm not a gun owner. but i do SMH when i walk into a gun store and there are AK's and AR-15's on the wall for sale while we got all these crime problems in the city. if these kinds of guns are up for sale to the general public you can be damn sure they aren't hard for criminals to acquire. do people need semi-autos for hunting?
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    yea i don't you're right, i've never really cared as i'm not a gun owner. but i do SMH when i walk into a gun store and there are AK's and AR-15's on the wall for sale while we got all these crime problems in the city. if these kinds of guns are up for sale to the general public you can be damn sure they aren't hard for criminals to acquire. do people need semi-autos for hunting?

? . *robs you at gunpoint*
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    join the Army if you want to play with real guns, whatever you got is ? compared to what i'm used to.

and i don't have to worry about you robbin me since you probably can't shoot you'll limp wrist that ? like a ? and probably hit some bystanders instead.