DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited June 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
SmackDown Rating Continues To Sin
Submitted by Daniel Pena on June 6, 2011 - 6:33pm
Posted In:

News

[Previous Article] - [Next Article]

-- The June 3 episode of WWE SmackDown featuring a World Heavyweight Championship Match scored a 1.77 cable rating, down from 1.83 on May 27 and 1.89 on May 20.

SmackDown averaged 2.7 million viewers, extending the program's streak of less than 3.0 million viewers to five consecutive weeks.

Prior to the program's ratings downturn, the show was averaging 3.06 million viewers per episode in 2011.

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wwe needs to end the brand split
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

• m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    back to Thursdays it needs to be....maybe even Wednesdays but not FRIDAYS......and I wish it was possible for it to be on NBC
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    back to Thursdays it needs to be....maybe even Wednesdays but not FRIDAYS......and I wish it was possible for it to be on NBC

right...muthafukkaz not trying spend a Friday night in the house watching wrestling. and they could go head 2 head with TNA...I mean Impact
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    THey really need to revert it back to being the workrate show.....and have all the cruserweights back on there too

damn the ? seems so simple
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Somebody gotta breathe life into that bore fest. Thursdays would be a better time spot tho.

We have Boring ass RKO, pale ass Sheamus, sweaty ass Mark Henry, Kane w/o TBS, crying ass Cody Rhodes and a bunch of forgettables. Sin Cara needs to stop botching his matches. No Undertaker....Teddy Long coming out every 5 seconds. Same boring formats. No worthy storylines.

The only one I like is Christian. Since it is early in his heel turn I don't know whats going to happen yet.

Save us Y2J.

But something needs to happen.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    once it was know that SD was the "B: show,
    i stopped watching

that ? was like 6 years ago.

if it dont happen on raw or ppv,
    i dont know about it
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They need to have Smackdown on live. Spoilers come out Tuesday night so there is no reason to watch the show
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    pick up the phone..

call paul heyman..
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They need to have Smackdown on live. Spoilers come out Tuesday night so there is no reason to watch the show

two things killed Smackdown.
    1. JBL as champ for a full year in 2004.
    2. Early Smackdowns on justin.tv at 5 am in HD since 2008.
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

I stoped watching wrestling after that split..
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    two things killed Smackdown.
    1. JBL as champ for a full year in 2004.
    2. Early Smackdowns on justin.tv at 5 am in HD since 2008.

BLASPHEMY!

I LOVED JBL's reign....mostly because i am a sucker for a good heel, if aNYTHING THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE HIS REIGN LONGER BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE HAD A BIGGER/BETTER PAYOFF FOR JOHN CENA AS WELL
  • young law
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yeah
    that JBL reign killed SD for me as well

last thing i can really remember was an episode where they were in chicago and john cena said he had a gift for JBL. JBL stood and jus looked at the box, and then BLINDLY put both his hands in the box and pull out guts,
    "something that you dont have" said cena

after that ? ,
    i aint never trusted the B show again
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    JBL was an aight heel/champ, but nathing special...at all..
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Somebody gotta breathe life into that bore fest. Thursdays would be a better time spot tho.

We have Boring ass RKO, pale ass Sheamus, sweaty ass Mark Henry, Kane w/o TBS, crying ass Cody Rhodes and a bunch of forgettables. Sin Cara needs to stop botching his matches. No Undertaker....Teddy Long coming out every 5 seconds. Same boring formats. No worthy storylines.

The only one I like is Christian. Since it is early in his heel turn I don't know whats going to happen yet.

Save us Y2J.

But something needs to happen.

bolded for emphasis. i couldn't even tell u when was the last time i watched smacked down. i usually go to wwe.com to get the recap, but i don't even bother.
  • young law
    edited June 2011
    Options
    actually,
    JBL was an excellent from an old school perspective

a good heel champ is actually what a promotion can build a backbone off of. the guy doesnt even have to be a great athlete,jus someone who the crowds hate.
    the hate him so much that they burst into tears with the babyface when he finally wins the strap after 18 months - 3 years of trying to pry it off the ? heel.

no one wants to see captain america beat guys into a pulp in sqautch matches on a regular basis.
    they wanna see peter parker come back from adversity and defeat supervillains when no one thought it was possible.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i remember when at times smackdown would be better than raw....dudes would start a lil story line on raw and it'll continue on smackdown those where good times
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i repeat I STOPPED watching Smackdown once JBL became champion, and when I tried tuning back in he was still champ I was like wtf, the standards have really went down hill... sorry i cant take him seriously as a World Champion ever. I guess that's why he was on Smackdown, cuz HHH didnt want to.. ya know.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What's killing smackdown right now is them moving some of their better talent to Raw.
    I understand getting exposure for their talent on the "A show", but most have been lost in the Raw ? of a mid-card.
    When I say that, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, ect. all come to mind and none of them are in a real feud at the moment.
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    basically. they raid SMackdown but they still don't use them properly

and JBL is one of the most entetaining champions the WWE has had the past 10 years.....i thought he was excellent in the role...sure he was pushed to the moon too fast because of circumstance but i still think it works