Should Abortions Be free to the Public?

Options
AntonLATroy
AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
edited December 2010 in The Social Lounge
With the language in the Health Bill I see this becoming a hot topic. Whether you agree with abortion or not is a side point to whether it should be offered for free to the public. Polls seem to get more responses in the reason and I hope that will prove the same here. So Should abortions be offered free as a form of birth control under the health Care bill? Vote up people

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No.. of course not it shouldnt be encouraged.. i briefly tuned in on CNN while they were discussing this in some fashion and i dont believe thats the case..
  • rapheat
    rapheat Members Posts: 13
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It should not be free, a ? is a ? no mather the age of human, better make a law for free pills and condoms.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they are free. i don't charge for doing a roundhouse to a chicks stomach.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    rapheat wrote: »
    It should not be free, a ? is a ? no mather the age of human, better make a law for free pills and condoms.

Pills and condoms already are free at Planned Parenthood.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hell naw abortion pushes are a form of population control on weak minded poor groups who havve been bamboozled by liar pretending to have their back...
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i believe there should be population control. this abortion thing, i don't have a opinion, it up to the woman if she want to go thru with or not. but i do believe that there should be a limit on how many people there should be on the planet. at the rate were growing there going to be fresh water wars, shortage on food, many incurable diseases.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Only white people.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have no problem with it.....this whole world is overpopulated. I have no issue with abortion on demand, ? , mother nature has no problem killing us off. Take a look at the earthquakes going around?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have no problem with it.....this whole world is overpopulated. I have no issue with abortion on demand, ? , mother nature has no problem killing us off. Take a look at the earthquakes going around?

LOL @ mother nature. You for real?
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It really just depends on how you view things. The aborted don't have a vote.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'd say no for the fact it can be abused and is in fact abused now. There are circumstances where it's should be free though (mother's life is danger or the mother was ? ).
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No they should not be free, I'm all for pro-choice but its not like the procedure isn't without its risks. I don't want to be seeing a generation of women taking something like pregnancy and turning it into the new pill. I know a couple women who had them when they were younger and they regret the ? out of it now. I'm down with what c1up noted though, if it's medically relevant then it should be free.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    smh @ abortions

there are three orifices on a woman's body, only one of which if penetrated may end in a pregnancy

lets get creative
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    should be free. So those with money should be the only woman to have the choice? i dont agree with abortion but i do think its a womans choice
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL @ mother nature. You for real?

Did you see Mother Nature in all her glory during the earthquake in Haiti? Mother Nature has no problems killing us all off.....abortion should be free as far as I'm concerned. It's not like ? has any real problem with death.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The doctor performing the abortion will still be paid whether its free or not to the person getting it. Doctors are over paid already. How about, " should doctors be paid so much when they dont cure anything?" and I could pretty much diagnose myself by looking on the Net for symptoms to certain minor illnesses. Went to the hospital once and was there for a totall of 20 minutes and left with an over the counter prescription and a bill for $500 doallars, not to mention I had health insurance at the time.

Make it all free.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited March 2010
    Options
    An abortion is NOT birth control. Making birth control free - yes. Making abortion free delves into an entirely new issue we're not talking about.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont think it should be free however in case of ? or if the mother life is in danger then it should be free, otherwise if she wants an abortion she must come out of pocket.
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    i dont think it should be free however in case of ? or if the mother life is in danger then it should be free, otherwise if she wants an abortion she must come out of pocket.

Agreed. If you have more than 1 abortion you should have your head checked out.
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Agreed. If you have more than 1 abortion you should have your head checked out.

my friend had like 7 abortion by the time she hit 19. ? is a freak.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The woman who fought for abortion admitted that she knew the pro abortion legislation would ? black children at a higher rate than white children. (Thumbsdown to abortion)
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    my friend had like 7 abortion by the time she hit 19. ? is a freak.

and souless.. that is ? crazy.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    The woman who fought for abortion admitted that she knew the pro abortion legislation would ? black children at a higher rate than white children. (Thumbsdown to abortion)

She knew that because blacks for quite a long time have had higher rates of abortion than whites, really had nothing to do with racism. Thumbs up to free abortion.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    She knew that because blacks for quite a long time have had higher rates of abortion than whites, really had nothing to do with racism. Thumbs up to free abortion.

you lost your ? mind abortion unless it is a case of ? /? or medical need is just lazy birth control and population control ? a free abortion. and for the chick that had 7 doctor should have practiced assisted suicide for her ass after the 3rd ? evil witch...
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dang after reading some of the comments in this thread it has defintely placed my resolve aginst free abortions