New Predator Movie

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    looking forward to this alot.

last AVP was good, but it was so damn dark you couldn't see what the ? was going on half the time.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    anything has got to be better than predator 2 with danny glover. he killed that whole movie.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No thanks; This movie will be terrible. I'll go watch the classic Predator. These remakes have to stop.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    No thanks; This movie will be terrible. I'll go watch the classic Predator. These remakes have to stop.

This isn't a remake. It's the sequel Rodriguez wanted to make before they decided to go with Predator 2.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    looks good..? danny glover
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nothing will ever top the original...that joint had quotables for days
  • allied
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This isn't a remake. It's the sequel Rodriguez wanted to make before they decided to go with Predator 2.

Like I said, a remake, this ? is no different than Superman Returns, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Masscre, and Nightmare on Elm Street.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Like I said, a remake, this ? is no different than Superman Returns, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Masscre, and Nightmare on Elm Street.

Ummm, do you know what a remake is? A remake is when you take a movie that has already been created and redo that movie. All the movies up there but Superman Returns are remakes just like you said. This new Predator movie is a sequel not a remake. It's not a retelling of the original movie. It's got a completely different plot and cast of characters and occurs after the events in the original Predator. Superman Returns was also intended to be a sequel to Superman II I believe, but they ditched that because of the continuity errors that would have been introduced.
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it's a sequel that's they it's called Predator

Alien - Aliens

Predator - Predators

Predator 2 was slept on though.
  • allied
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ummm, do you know what a remake is? A remake is when you take a movie that has already been created and redo that movie. All the movies up there but Superman Returns are remakes just like you said. This new Predator movie is a sequel not a remake. It's not a retelling of the original movie. It's got a completely different plot and cast of characters and occurs after the events in the original Predator. Superman Returns was also intended to be a sequel to Superman II I believe, but they ditched that because of the continuity errors that would have been introduced.

C'mon I won't get into it but Superman Returns is a remake of Superman 1, nothing more. I could write an essay on how that ? took the storyarc of Superman and shamelessy copied it for 2008. A disgrace like this movie will be.
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aight I have to say this ? cause I just have to go there: 1) duke Superman returns was a sequel not a remake cause if you see Superman 4 he does fly into space looking for Krypton
    2) all of anything that have to do with Predator have different storylines and from da jump a lot of comic book fans knew that the new Predator movie is just another storyline

on a personal note it's like muthafuckas saying that since Brandon Lee died that it shouldn't had been three more Crow movies ya dig

And yeah i,m a comic book fan
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

Give our position away again and I'll ghost ya

Six Foot Lizards!!!

You think this boyscout ? is gonna work?

I'm gone have me some fun, I'm gone have me some fun

Billy, BILLLEEEE

GET TO THE CHOPPER!!! RUNNNN!!!!!

You are one ugly muthafucka
  • allied
    edited March 2010
    Options
    movingfeet wrote: »
    Aight I have to say this ? cause I just have to go there: 1) duke Superman returns was a sequel not a remake cause if you see Superman 4 he does fly into space looking for Krypton
    2) all of anything that have to do with Predator have different storylines and from da jump a lot of comic book fans knew that the new Predator movie is just another storyline

on a personal note it's like muthafuckas saying that since Brandon Lee died that it shouldn't had been three more Crow movies ya dig

And yeah i,m a comic book fan

Since your a comic book fan I suggest you have Superman 1 in you collection. Go watch that then watch Singerman Returns and come back and try to tell me that isn't more than a ? remake with certain things changed. He copied the orginal music, the intro, hell even copied the flying sequence at the end. FOH with that garbage!
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok i,m gonna hafta get tech on you if you remember Lex Luthor knew exactly where the fortress of solitude in superman returns but in the orginal he didn't (Luthor found out in Superman 2 where it was) and Singer wanted the movie to be like the franchise that Christopher Reeves left.

A lot of comic book fans would had been ? tha ? off that it wasn't like the other movies. Another thing why do you think that Singer had to get somebody that fit the suit to a tee like ol boy did and the look had to be just like the Reeves version of Superman.