Destroying DMX

Options
King Erauno
King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Social Lounge

i just peeped this video...what u guys think?

for all the conspiracy theorists out there

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The young black male has always been targeted.

But in truth, they can only get you where you are weak and succumb to.

It is up to you to avoid the traps and pitfalls. Ultimately it is your responsibility.
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dmx is a junky and simply too weak to beat the habit and not smart enough to keep himself from getting caught. speaking out against industry ? doesnt change that. he puts himself in jail, not some phantom secret society.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    X is a crackhead
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This guy will be probably be the next big celeb to die...what are the chances he dies on the 25th?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »
    X is a crackhead
    this. this is the correct post.
    i am now going to go listen to It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and think about what might have been.
  • King Erauno
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yeah he a crackhead who cant stay out of trouble but this ? is crazy. Like the paparazzi knew he was on the way into jail etc like he said
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cameras are usually left up to the discretion of the judges. It's not that deep

but word, the way the music business is today, there aren't a lot of oppurtunities for real artists to emerge. A million dollar flow by itself doesn't sell records anymore. It's about the gimmick

it is not the rappers fault that the industry went the way it did though. Nor the corporation's fault. It is viewers like ourselves who watch these videos. If no one watched them, they would not produce the same type of videos

there are reasons that they don't make sequel to bad movies, it's because no one pays to watch them ?

all in all, as long as money, power, and prestige remain the top priorities, they will sing abc raps to get money. I respect whatever success though, but I just wish some of these rappers would at least try to pull some lyrical hoo rides every now and then
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? dmx though smh

went from balling out to being cracked out. He is the perfect example of an addict

they are who they are and change only out of personal desire, which is very, very, very rare because most addicts think there is nothing wrong with them

no mirror in my crib ass motha f'ers
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I honestly hopes the best for dude. I think all that stuff about the 25th could've been left out. They seemed to have to forgot to put BIG in there some type of way. And yes, he may just be the next big celeb to die. I aint even gonna hate on dude.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Theres a 1-5 part on this, this is the 6th. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.
  • maxxb
    maxxb Members Posts: 58
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I feel for him. Hell stop eventually, they either die or they stop.
    He used to be good, great, remember that freestyle with Jay z? I liked it.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was all prepared to watch this with an open mind until they threw the illuminati ? in there.. Honestly why would the industry want to take down DMX? Although he is my favorite rapper honestly he isn't all that relative where taking him down would have much effect. Bottom line is if you ride with drugs and or guns and you get caught with them then you face the penalty. If he had not had the ? then he wouldn't have been arrested.. Now if it was proven or shown that the drugs were planted on him then that's a different story. The mentality of "when I get caught ? up I'mma just blame it on the system" needs to stop asap.. Take responsibility for your actions.
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    When X was released and went to the studio with Tyreese, he was on that ? . I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone that has spent any amount of time around an addict can easily tell when they get on that ? . I like X and I think he can be introspective when he wants to be, but he needs to get away from ? and drugs and start taking some responsibility for his own actions. Life begins when the church ends and X needs to realize that Jesus can't save him from that baking soda.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was all prepared to watch this with an open mind until they threw the illuminati ? in there.. Honestly why would the industry want to take down DMX? Although he is my favorite rapper honestly he isn't all that relative where taking him down would have much effect. Bottom line is if you ride with drugs and or guns and you get caught with them then you face the penalty. If he had not had the ? then he wouldn't have been arrested.. Now if it was proven or shown that the drugs were planted on him then that's a different story. The mentality of "when I get caught ? up I'mma just blame it on the system" needs to stop asap.. Take responsibility for your actions.

name 1 mainstream hiphop artist exposing the industry the way dmx has and was doing...
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    name 1 mainstream hiphop artist exposing the industry the way dmx has and was doing...

I'm not saying he wasn't "exposing" certain things, I put it in quotes because unless you're on the inside we have no way of knowing if what he was saying is factual or not. But yet and still even if what he was saying is true, does he have the relevance for it to reach the masses at this point? I think he'd end up like KRS-ONE in the way that he'd be spouting off "knowledge" to only a handful of people. Don't get me wrong, a lot of things he has said in music and interviews made me go "hmmm", but I hope you see my point.
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm not saying he wasn't "exposing" certain things, I put it in quotes because unless you're on the inside we have no way of knowing if what he was saying is factual or not. But yet and still even if what he was saying is true, does he have the relevance for it to reach the masses at this point? I think he'd end up like KRS-ONE in the way that he'd be spouting off "knowledge" to only a handful of people. Don't get me wrong, a lot of things he has said in music and interviews made me go "hmmm", but I hope you see my point.

check d's numbers bruh...they ? ridiculous...

5 time champ (5 number 1 albums in row)

they was selling albums like crazy from 98-01

he may not have been talkin that industry ? back then, im not sure...but he defiantley had a big enough fan base to make him a threat, but i guess his comeback didnt exactly go to plan.

n everything hes saying about the industry is obviously on point, you dont have to be in ti to know...just listen to any mainstream hiphop, rnb , pop etc...artisit ...its all the same ? , its getting worse and worse...but whats even funnier is semi-underground acts that used to spit real ? , then go mainstream n start talking ? too...(kanye, common)
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    check d's numbers bruh...they ? ridiculous...

5 time champ (5 number 1 albums in row)

they was selling albums like crazy from 98-01

he may not have been talkin that industry ? back then, im not sure...but he defiantley had a big enough fan base to make him a threat, but i guess his comeback didnt exactly go to plan.

n everything hes saying about the industry is obviously on point, you dont have to be in ti to know...just listen to any mainstream hiphop, rnb , pop etc...artisit ...its all the same ? , its getting worse and worse...but whats even funnier is semi-underground acts that used to spit real ? , then go mainstream n start talking ? too...(kanye, common)

come on son. You need to put the weed down.

Nobody is checking for him know.

When he was hot he was talking ? , ? , ? lyrics.

I mean if you said Tupac, I could understand. He was at the height of his popularity.

I heard they was trying to destroy Professor Griff.
  • janklow
    edited March 2010
    Options
    taking drugs and freaking out is not "exposing the industry"
    ...but he defiantley had a big enough fan base to make him a threat-
    what the hell does this even mean
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't even know what to say... This ? happens all the time to good people. I was wondering what happened to DMX and now I know. I can't wait til Judgement Day. I wont bat an eyelash when these devils get what's coming to them... If DMX dies/is murdered/kills himself on the 25th of whatver month, and you still don't believe ? is real and not just a conspiracy... then you're a ? ? . Just saying it now.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If DMX gets killed or dies whatever, then this whole thing is true.
  • King Erauno
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    I don't even know what to say... This ? happens all the time to good people. I was wondering what happened to DMX and now I know. I can't wait til Judgement Day. I wont bat an eyelash when these devils get what's coming to them... If DMX dies/is murdered/kills himself on the 25th of whatver month, and you still don't believe ? is real and not just a conspiracy... then you're a ? ? . Just saying it now.

real talk man ive been watching the entire series and this is ? crazy. i believe this ? is true...it may happen march 25...or april 25. if it does happen im going to view this whole rap ? differently
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    come on son. You need to put the weed down.

Nobody is checking for him know.

When he was hot he was talking ? , ? , ? lyrics.

I mean if you said Tupac, I could understand. He was at the height of his popularity.

I heard they was trying to destroy Professor Griff.

shut the ? up u idiot and read what i said...

no mainstream rappers are saying anything useful, thats my point...

i said D has a fanbase and used to sell 10's of millions wordwide...10'S OF MILLIONS !!!...go look at the numbers u fool.....like i said...bk in the height of his career he was'nt spittin as much of that conscious ? , but it was still littered in his music, and interviews...but im simply stating he is 1 of the very few mainstream and well known rappers who has sold 10's of mills thats has ever spoke sum real ? about the industry, thats a fact...it was'nt that long ago either, unlike KRS who aint been relevant since the early 90's...come on.

@janklow

read above ^

can you dispute facts ?...no you cant...thats why their called facts.

i aint sayin this ? is true...but some other dude talkin bout DMX aint relevant so why would they see him as a threat, i simply stated he had/has a big enough fanbase so if he really got on his job, he could reached alot of people.
  • janklow
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @janklow

read above ^

can you dispute facts ?...no you cant...thats why their called facts.
    telling me that i can't dispute DMX sold millions of albums is irrelevant, because no one is debating that. telling me that i can't dispute "facts" regarding DMX conspiracy theories is a case of you not understanding what the word "facts" means.

also, how are you going to say you're not claiming this is true when you're arguing with people who say this is clearly not true?
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    telling me that i can't dispute DMX sold millions of albums is irrelevant, because no one is debating that. telling me that i can't dispute "facts" regarding DMX conspiracy theories is a case of you not understanding what the word "facts" means.

also, how are you going to say you're not claiming this is true when you're arguing with people who say this is clearly not true?

you replied to my post, i never replied to anything you said...are you ? ?

you replied to my post saying "taking drugs n freaking out is not exposing the industry" - are you denying that DMX was speaking sum real ? and was on point with everythign he said regarding the industry?...if you, then you are a fool....? or no ? he was speaking truth....i aint saying the illuminati are fuckign up his life because of it, simply saying hes the only mainstream rapper i ever seen speaking so passionatley agasint the industry...simple fact.

then you questioed how he was a threat, i simply stated anybody who has sold 10's of millys worldwide which a huge fanbase, and has the prescene, knowledge, intelligence, appeal and street credibility such as DMX could be a threat...not saying illuminati are responsible, just stating facts.

learn to read you ? .
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What is X saying that is so profound? That the industry is a business and looks out for its own self interest? No ? . Nobody needs to tell an accountant that the 'industry' only cares about the bottom line, or a janitor, mechanic, engineer, fry cook, or anyone else that's working. What? Does X think because he's making music that somehow the 'industry' should treat him like he's a 'somebody' instead of an asset? X's problem is that he thinks that he is more special than he actually is. If you make music that people buy, then you are a worthy investment. It doesn't matter if you are Dora the Explorer or Susan Boyle. If X makes a record that disses all of corporate America and people buy it, corporate America will support it (see Micheal Moore).
This discussion has been closed.