Religion Officially Smashed

Options
moongodthoth
moongodthoth Members Posts: 76
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
This is for those who are willing to find out what religion is really all about. What maniacs have really been killing each other for over thousands of years.

Here's the address if the video does not play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7FctOjvS0Q

If you have ADD, skip to the 25 min mark.

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jordan maxwell is an agent
  • moongodthoth
    edited June 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Jordan maxwell is an agent
    I find it hilarious when people make accusations like these.

Any proof?

This seems to be the new bandwagon though. Pointing at people like Jordan Maxwell or Michael Tsarion and claiming their agents with no proof.

And even if they are agents, doesn't change the information.

Some of the greatest teachers were initiates like Manly P Hall, Helena Blavatsky.

But what does that have to do about their knowledge? You can confirm this information yourself.
  • Olorun22
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I find it hilarious when people make accusations like these.

Any proof?

This seems to be the new bandwagon though. Pointing at people like Jordan Maxwell or Michael Tsarion and claiming their agents with no proof.

And even if they are agents, doesn't change the information.

Some of the greatest teachers were initiates like Manly P Hall, Helena Blavatsky.

But what does that have to do about their knowledge? You can confirm this information yourself.

His an agent because he is not dead
  • moongodthoth
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea cuz Jordan Maxwell is such a household name.

As long as people aren't listening, nobody cares. You can ask 20 people on the street who Jordan Maxwell is and you'd be lucky if one of them knew who he is.

Anyways, I don't agree with everything he has to say, but he definitely knows his stuff when it comes to religion.
  • Olorun22
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea cuz Jordan Maxwell is such a household name.

As long as people aren't listening, nobody cares. You can ask 20 people on the street who Jordan Maxwell is and you'd be lucky if one of them knew who he is.

Anyways, I don't agree with everything he has to say, but he definitely knows his stuff when it comes to religion.

Bill cooper is dead and he was a household name. He is not gonna say something I havent heard about religion
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Forgive me if I was only about to listen to about 10 minutes of it, but I believe the people in the video are not considering the potency of the truth. If something is true, it's not just a matter of intelligence; that it's just another fact to consider. The truth would consume our being as well. The truth puts man in a position whether we either submit to the truth and live...or deny the truth and die.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    origins of religions fascinate me but its 2 am and i cant watch 2 hours of ? so im commentin so i can look at my recent posts and find this when i have more time
  • moongodthoth
    edited June 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Forgive me if I was only about to listen to about 10 minutes of it, but I believe the people in the video are not considering the potency of the truth. If something is true, it's not just a matter of intelligence; that it's just another fact to consider. The truth would consume our being as well. The truth puts man in a position whether we either submit to the truth and live...or deny the truth and die.
    Seeking truth allows a person to grow, and advance intellectually and spiritually. I agree, you can never find the whole truth intellectually, but that shouldn't be an excuse to put the blinders on.

Its the growth you experience on the path of seeking the truth. If your only focused on finding an absolute truth, then your hopeless, because there is no one objective truth.

However there are certain facts that are undeniable, especially pertaining to the origins of the religions so many people choose to adhere to.

The way I see it, choosing to adhere to a religion is taking the easy way out. It relieves you of having to do any real intellectual and spiritual work.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I guess I am now a atheist because I really dont care to try to prove or disprove ? nor religion. Not helping me one bit either way because I am strong enough to know that you live and you die. Some little kid died today and I have made it to fully grown status.
  • alissowack
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Seeking truth allows a person to grow, and advance intellectually and spiritually. I agree, you can never find the whole truth intellectually, but that shouldn't be an excuse to put the blinders on.

Its the growth you experience on the path of seeking the truth. If your only focused on finding an absolute truth, then your hopeless, because there is no one objective truth.

However there are certain facts that are undeniable, especially pertaining to the origins of the religions so many people choose to adhere to.

The way I see it, choosing to adhere to a religion is taking the easy way out. It relieves you of having to do any real intellectual and spiritual work.

I think we ought to be careful what we say the truth does or doesn't do. It's not to say that we can't learn from the truth. It's just that the truth isn't always this helpfully guide that puts us on the right path. It can be devastating if faced with the truth. I would even go as far as to say that we don't seek the truth...the truth seeks us.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Tsarion = Dat ? , imma check this out to see if there are any tidbits on religion that I havent heard. MoonGod have you by chance read "The Gods of Eden" by William Bramely?
  • moongodthoth
    edited June 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I think we ought to be careful what we say the truth does or doesn't do. It's not to say that we can't learn from the truth. It's just that the truth isn't always this helpfully guide that puts us on the right path. It can be devastating if faced with the truth. I would even go as far as to say that we don't seek the truth...the truth seeks us.
    I agree.

There is no right path, other than what you choose for yourself.

But you have just touched upon the only universal aspect of enlightenment imo. That is the fact that the truth is devastating, however those who are able to face the truth head on, and not be consumed or scared off by the truth, are the ones that become enlightened.

An extremely small percentage of people are able to do this. People know the truth can be ugly, so they either ignore the truth, mock it, or lash out against it.

But the truth seekers are rare individuals because they are willing to let the truth devour them, which is what inevitably happens. Everything you thought you knew or stood for melts away, and through this process of melting away everything that you can prove false, you get closer to the truth.

It is the process of deconstruction.

So I would agree that the truth does seek us. But only the rare individuals who are willing to step through the fires of truth. Unfortunately, most people don't want to come anywhere near the fire.
  • moongodthoth
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tsarion = Dat ? , imma check this out to see if there are any tidbits on religion that I havent heard. MoonGod have you by chance read "The Gods of Eden" by William Bramely?
    I have it but I haven't gotten to it yet. Definitely at the top of my "to read" list tho.

Cosign Tsarion. Dudes a beast.
  • alissowack
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I agree.

There is no right path, other than what you choose for yourself.

But you have just touched upon the only universal aspect of enlightenment imo. That is the fact that the truth is devastating, however those who are able to face the truth head on, and not be consumed or scared off by the truth, are the ones that become enlightened.

An extremely small percentage of people are able to do this. People know the truth can be ugly, so they either ignore the truth, mock it, or lash out against it.

But the truth seekers are rare individuals because they are willing to let the truth devour them, which is what inevitably happens. Everything you thought you knew or stood for melts away, and through this process of melting away everything that you can prove false, you get closer to the truth.

It is the process of deconstruction.

So I would agree that the truth does seek us. But only the rare individuals who are willing to step through the fires of truth. Unfortunately, most people don't want to come anywhere near the fire.

Part of me understands that in respect to the road we travel in life, there is no uniformed path to success or failure for a person. However, we can't say that the truth, in the ultimate sense, is only right when we determine it to be true. If that is the case, then what is going to stop someone from making something true that really needs to be false; to make something right that needs to be wrong...and so on. The truth isn't all about proving something to be true. It's about accepting that it is or taking it for what it is as well...which means that there is a certain aspect of the truth that can't be negotiated.