President Barack Hussein Obama II: The Trillest Democrat since Lyndon B. Johnson

Options
bornnraisedoffCMR
bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Social Lounge
barack-obama1.jpg

2 years ago this guy was a Jr. Senator from Chicago that people thought had no chance of taking down "The Clinton Machine" to even become the Democratic nominee.

Now this guy has passed a 1 trillion dollar stimulus package, billions of dollar is jobs bills. Laid the foundation for environmental reform, financial reform, and is basically running the American banking system. On top of that, he does what no Democrat has been able to do for the past 40 years, governmentize Health Care.

I called him a ? before, and I am extremely far from being liberal. But you got to kiss this ? ? 's ring. Dude is the trillest, he comes in smiling but will smite thee if you ? him off.

Got to give props where they are due.

793022561-gangster.gif

Comments

• musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *gives props and then proceeds to kiss the ring."
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ppl are unusally quiet now that this health bill is passed.
    That nicca is goin hard.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Obama is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a true legend for sure, although I hope to ? this healthcare bill doesn't bankrupt the country. It's supposedly paid for but the bill is really expensive, the only reason I'm proud of Obama is because I trust him. Much more than Republicans anyway......it's also good to know I won't have to worry as much about healthcare as my parents did, even if I lose my job. Incredible night for America.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Obama is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a true legend for sure, although I hope to ? this healthcare bill doesn't bankrupt the country. It's supposedly paid for but the bill is really expensive, the only reason I'm proud of Obama is because I trust him. Much more than Republicans anyway......it's also good to know I won't have to worry as much about healthcare as my parents did, even if I lose my job. Incredible night for America.

Not so fast man, bill doesn't kick in till like 2013'...so keep working until then homie.
  • Five
    Five Members Posts: 38
    edited March 2010
    Options
    only reason I'm proud of Obama is because I trust him.

You know he still a politician right?
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not so fast man, bill doesn't kick in till like 2013'...so keep working until then homie.

Actually till 2014, but yeah I know, of course I'll keep my job lol. Even if healthcare reform is passed, I still gotta pay my rent!!!!
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

It's not expensive in the sense that this bill is going to money that we were't going to spend. It's expensive in the sense that it cost money. It was money that was going to be spent regardless. How it saves money is that it doesn't cost as much as we would have spent had we left things the way that they are.

Think of it as cooking at home vs. going out to eat. You still got to eat, so you are going to spend money. If you go to the grocery store, you probably can get a lot more food for a lot less than if you went to a resturant. If you got someone at the crib who can chop it up, it might even taste better.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Five wrote: »
    You know he still a politician right?

Of course I know that, I don't trust him in the same manner I trust my mother, but he does seem genuine in what he speaks about. Everything he's done so far has been consistent with what he said he was going to do during the campaign. For that level of genuineness, I trust him more than any other politician out there. Especially much more than the scumbag piece of trash Republicans, who ? us over with the war in Iraq. We're going to be paying for that war for a long time in lives and hatred.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually till 2014, but yeah I know, of course I'll keep my job lol. Even if healthcare reform is passed, I still gotta pay my rent!!!!

Chu' talkin bout ? . Obama got that covered!! You aint heard???

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    phanatron wrote: »
    It's not expensive in the sense that this bill is going to money that we were't going to spend. It's expensive in the sense that it cost money. It was money that was going to be spent regardless. How it saves money is that it doesn't cost as much as we would have spent had we left things the way that they are.

Think of it as cooking at home vs. going out to eat. You still got to eat, so you are going to spend money. If you go to the grocery store, you probably can get a lot more food for a lot less than if you went to a resturant. If you got someone at the crib who can chop it up, it might even taste better.

Very good point but 30 more million people will be added to the insurance rolls, that is definitely going to be a heavier weight than the weight we have now. I support the bill overall, but let's be honest, Medicare and Social Security ended up being MUCH more expensive than LBJ thought it would be.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options

HAHAHAHA, man if Obama can really pay for my gas and mortgage, I'd let him be a dictator for life. I would love so much to be lazy and just sit around the house all day, like this lady wishes she could do.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    phanatron wrote: »

Meh. If your worried about the cost I wouldnt even pay attention to the CBO estimates. Them shitz is cooked to hell.

Doesnt matter though, we are already way past over spent...this trillion dollar bill wont really make much of a difference.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Props for leading us towards total government control? Nah, im good.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

lmao, that should be included on a DVD called "Great Moments in Black SMH History"
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well he got his hit, let's see if it soars out the park *Props*
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He's a true legend for sure-
    a president that let Congress spend a bunch of money? every president is legendary!

EDIT: except the one who died before he could let Congress do anything; William Henry Harrison != legendary
    Americans are so depressing
  • Topps
    Topps Members Posts: 447
    edited March 2010
    Options
    HAHAHAHA, man if Obama can really pay for my gas and mortgage, I'd let him be a dictator for life. I would love so much to be lazy and just sit around the house all day, like this lady wishes she could do.

Why do people like you keep posting this one incident of a stupid black person, like all black people think like this.

Stop being fooled by the propaganda.

That was another case of the camera man looking for the most ignorant black person in the crowd.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *leans down to pay respect, and kisses the ring like the don he is*

trill. it took a BLACK PRESIDENT to do what no other president (white) was able to do. epic. this ? damn faced a room full of republicans, and ethered every last one of them.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Meh. If your worried about the cost I wouldnt even pay attention to the CBO estimates. Them shitz is cooked to hell.

Doesnt matter though, we are already way past over spent...this trillion dollar bill wont really make much of a difference.

pretty much. i mean hello, did sumone say IRAQ WAR??? most of that deficit is the money we're throwin outta the window for that fake war, and afgahnistan.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Let the conspiracy theories begin also
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    *leans down to pay respect, and kisses the ring like the don he is*

trill. it took a BLACK PRESIDENT to do what no other president (white) was able to do. epic. this ? damn faced a room full of republicans, and ethered every last one of them.

not really, it's not Health Care Reform, it's the insurance from my understanding, the Health Care will still be in many ways the same.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yall need to be bowing to Rahm Emmanual, he the one that got the ? done
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    yall need to be bowing to Rahm Emmanual, he the one that got the ? done

Who picked Rahm as Chief of Staff? (The Netroot Liberals HATE Rahm, btw. *HATE* him.)

Could've played it safe and picked Axelrod. But he wanted a ballbreaker who knew Congress.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    coming from you threadstarter, this is quite the compliment. props

and yes, this is just a beginning (of healthcare reform). there's still issues that need to be resolved, but this legislation passing is definitely a great first step.

Hey, I give props where props are due. Even though I totally disagree with just about everything he is doing. ? it, he is doing it. Clinton cant say that. Jimmy Carter cant say that. Hillary Rodham cant say that. Ted died before he even got a chance to see it.

On a side note, Pelosi showed just how powerful she is too, that old plastic looking ? dont play no games when it comes to running the House.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited March 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    not really, it's not Health Care Reform, it's the insurance from my understanding, the Health Care will still be in many ways the same.

look i don't understand why folks are ? off, and sayin "why am i being forced to get healthcare??" uh, same reason y its mandatory to get CAR INSURANCE!!!