On To The Next Challenge For Pres.Obama: Immigration Reform...

Options
Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Social Lounge
the tru colors of white americans is really gonna come out now. if u thought the healthcare issue was a fiery topic, wait until this get started. so many underlined racism comments are gonna said, that you'll think its the 60's all over again.

what do y'all think? how do u feel about it? holla back wit ur responses

Comments

• phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    On to the next one. Immigration should not be as tough but it will be great to hear all the Tea Baggers letting loose on all their racial views in the name of patriotism.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im all for Immigration reform.

But a National ID??? Naaaahh.

Amnesty???? Naaaaaaahhh.

We just should have an easier process for excepting immigrants, and all the ones here currently should be fined, and moved to the back of the line.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im all for Immigration reform.

But a National ID??? Naaaahh.

Amnesty???? Naaaaaaahhh.

We just should have an easier process for excepting immigrants, and all the ones here currently should be fined, and moved to the back of the line.
    I agree, if you're here illegally now you should be sent to the back of the line with a fine to pay before coming in. Those coming in illegally are ? ? up for those on the come up
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    I agree, if you're here illegally now you should be sent to the back of the line with a fine to pay before coming in. Those coming in illegally are ? ? up for those on the come up

That's exactly what Obama said he supports.....Obama shouldn't touch this issue until 2012 in my opinion. Granting amnesty to millions of illegals during a RECESSION is political suicide! Everyone and their grandmother knows this.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

That was Bush's immigration reform plan. The Right freaked out, called it amnesty, and demanded that they "all be sent back".

Threadstarter is correct. The Right is gonna get WILD racist over this. As crazy as they got in 07? Oh man...get ya popcorn out my ? .

Deadly chess move on Barackavelli's part, it'll rile up the Latino vote for November and further alienate them from the Rethugs.....regardless of whether or not it passes.

The Democrat plan to get Latinos voting 90% Dem (like the blacks do) is going smoothly and according to plan.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    That was Bush's immigration reform plan. The Right freaked out, called it amnesty, and demanded that they "all be sent back".

Threadstarter is correct. The Right is gonna get WILD racist over this. As crazy as they got in 07? Oh man...get ya popcorn out my ? .

Deadly chess move on Barackavelli's part, it'll rile up the Latino vote for November and further alienate them from the Rethugs.....regardless of whether or not it passes.

The Democrat plan to get Latinos voting 90% Dem (like the blacks do) is going smoothly and according to plan.

Also very true.....Obama can touch the issue but he should be very careful about it, Bush started hitting 30% approval when he talked about amnesty.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea this is gonna be interesting..now we are going to really see what this country is about
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also very true.....Obama can touch the issue but he should be very careful about it, Bush started hitting 30% approval when he talked about amnesty.

Untrue. Bush's approval ratings were in the 30s since March of 2006. Proof -

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=19#polls
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Untrue. Bush's approval ratings were in the 30s since March of 2006. Proof -

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=19#polls

I stand corrected, but this is still a political hot potato that no one really wants to touch now, even a brave soul like Obama. Bringing in millions of illegals into the system is not going to go well with the American public, especially when so many educated Americans are having a hard time finding work. People thought healthcare was bad with the town halls, imagine the Tea Party movement if amnesty is talked about again.....YIKES!
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Or will Obama work on getting rid of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"...
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

I thought they just did...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

this seems more likely. and definitely doable.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Republicans and Democrats are gonna get WILD racist over this (in slightly different ways)
    i fixed your post for you
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i fixed your post for you

I didn't say Republicans. I said "The Right". I expect little from those drawling Blue Dogs.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options

Wasnt that McCain's bill?

Unno. Who gives a ? about the "right" their ideas are old and dying. Im actually a fan of open boarders, but I don't think that ? wouldn't fly today because we would have to make changes to some other laws (prohibition on drugs, entitlements, wars, etc).
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

Unno. Who gives a ? about the "right" their ideas are old and dying. Im actually a fan of open boarders, but I don't think that ? wouldn't fly today because we would have to make changes to some other laws (prohibition on drugs, entitlements, wars, etc).

Close those borders now!
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    Close those borders now!

How do you close a 2000 mile long border?
  • "A Tout le Mond
    "A Tout le Mond Members Posts: 121
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    Close those borders now!

What does closing the borders do?
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was at the rally on sunday. Did anyone else go? On topic, I will be interested of how obamam will respond to the immigration reform.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I didn't say Republicans. I said "The Right". I expect little from those drawling Blue Dogs.
    what i'm saying is that racism is not limited to "the right." pro-Union Democrats will get furiously racist in the face of immigration, for example.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options

Open borders?? You're kidding me right? Schools are overcrowded now, imagine how it would be if the borders were open.....think the recession is bad now? Imagine how it would be with open borders.....think that idea over.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    what i'm saying is that racism is not limited to "the right." pro-Union Democrats will get furiously racist in the face of immigration, for example.

Very very true. If Obama goes too hard on this issue, many working class whites (and some minorities as well) will get deeply upset....a recession is not the time to grant amnesty.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How do you close a 2000 mile long border?

right. and if they make an "attempt" to build a so-called wall again, who do u think is gonna be buildin that wall?

look, the process for gettin a green card probably needs to be changed. here's what i propose...

for the illegal immigrants that's already here, and have been working, grant them legalization. that way as soon as they bcum legal, they can start payin taxes like every other american. those coming in, must file legalization paperwork w/n 30 days they arrive. and will be granted their green card 2wks after those papers afer filed.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Open borders?? You're kidding me right? Schools are overcrowded now, imagine how it would be if the borders were open.....think the recession is bad now? Imagine how it would be with open borders.....think that idea over.

racist........
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited March 2010
    Options
    racist........

I see what you did there....