Way late to the game but hear me out Fallout 3 are the expansions worth it

Options
headrek1
headrek1 Members Posts: 121
edited March 2010 in IllGaming
You know I had always heard Fallout 3 was the ? . One of those games I kept meaning to buy, but there was always something else I wanted at the time, so it kept getting pushed to the backburner, that plus the fact it was a 2 year old game, and as late as last summer it was still 60 bucks. Well, the origninal game now dropped to 24.99, but the Game of the Year Edition (with all the expansions I guess) was 59.99. It's been a long time I know but should I take back the 24.99 and just get the expansions, was it worth it? I really like the game, it reminds me of oblivion, set in post apocalyptia, minus the pretty graphics.

Comments

• anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    couple of them are worth it, some aren't. I thought the Mothership Zeta and Swamp one to be boring as hell and didn't add much in terms of good weapons. The other ones I liked but Operation Anchorage is really short but plays out more like a mission type DLC + you get some sweet gear from it (cloak suit). I'd definitely pick up the Broken Steel one or whatever, adds 20 more levels some cool weapons and the story is pretty good.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *Waits for Fallout: New Vegas*
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *Waits for Fallout: New Vegas*

word up on that