Off The Turn Buckle presents FACT or FICTION 2011

Options
m. inferno
m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
this has been done before a few years back on this board
the premise is simple

we discuss various topics in wrestling thats on our minds and answer our fellow poster's answers with a fact or fiction...

there's two things i wanna bring up

#1 CM Punk won't resign with WWE once his contract expires. He'll walk

#2 Alberto Del Rio was pushed too soon, he would have been better to have started off in the midcard holding the IC/US title

Fact or Fcition?

Comments

• Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    #1 fact, Did you know CM Punk hasn't won on PPV in 10 months. Obviously WWE has no plans to push him to the main event when he can't even win on ppv. part of the reason he hasn't resigned though is that WWE wants to own the rights to the name CM Punk, but that's another issue for another time.

#2 fiction, Del Rio was being pushed to the moon and the audience reacted to his character, but him losing to Christian in the ladder match is what derailed his monster push... which was a HUGE mistake.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    #1 Fiction Despite how much Punk Dogs the WWE, the fans react to him, dude would hurt them too much if he's in another industry.. even though WWE ended up buying WCW in the long run, they don't want that kinda competition again...and Punk going to TNA would really make TNA a problem
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    #2 Del rio...Fact..they could held back on the push....his storyline with the big show accident is perfect for where he's at right now... the major push just kinda confused things...
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    # 3. With the near record low buys of Over the Limit and the fact that TNA is nowhere near close competition, the WWE should revert to an "old school" PPV schedule
    (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring/Night of Champions, Summerslam, and Survivor Series) just so there can be more time for build up and devlopment for characters and storylines....

FACT or FICTION?
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    # 3. With the near record low buys of Over the Limit and the fact that TNA is nowhere near close competition, the WWE should revert to an "old school" PPV schedule
    (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring/Night of Champions, Summerslam, and Survivor Series) just so there can be more time for build up and devlopment for characters and storylines....

FACT or FICTION?

i say it should be true but vince will never cut back on the travel or the every month ppv's... vince is about money and those things put money in his pocket..
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yeah its puttin money is his pockets but the oversaturation has to catch up with him eventually...........right?
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yeah its puttin money is his pockets but the oversaturation has to catch up with him eventually...........right?

no because there is no competion
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Alex Riley will beat the Miz @ Capital Punishment

You would rather see a CM Punk vs Cena Title Match than R-Truth vs Cena

FACT or FICTION?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

FACT or FICTION?

Fact, The way they schedule PPV's now it's hard to get into a storyline because it's rushed.
    As soon as one PPV is over, they are rushing another storyline and trying to stuff it down our throats on Raw and Smackdown in little time.
    It makes the shows and the ppv's sloppy and it gets boring when u have Cena and Orton overcoming everything.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

FACT or FICTION?

I agree with this but I think they want money ever month. If there's like 6-8 PPVs a year, it'll probably make people watch the shows more to know what's going on and PPVs would be more of value.

The only thing it that it'll take a wrestler 2 months just to get back at the other so you can only drag out a back and forth fight/feud for so long.
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You like the new point system in TNA

Fact or Fiction?
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You like the new point system in TNA

Fact or Fiction?
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited June 2011
    Options
    1. Fiction. It isn't Vince's style to let someone announce that they're leaving, plus I read somewhere that Punk is given some leeway in breaking kayfabe and being self referential about the company.

2. Fact. Del Rio instant main eventing just devalues the mid card titles that much more.

3. Fact. Not happening though.

4. I'd rather see Punk vs Truth, but if I have to stick to the choices given than Punk vs Cena.

5. I do like the points system. It's a good way of using guys with no real feuds and making the title the most important thing.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fact is that CM Punk is leaving WWE and in due time others will follow...

Del Rio was not pushed Too Soon, Just not booked as well as he should have been.

The PPV system has been up for discussion for a while I think the old system would be better but vince won't allow it and it has been confirmed.

And the TNA point system is great for a BGF type series but overall it won't work for anything else unless they try to use it like Darkstarr8 said and keep the system around for the mid carders..
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fact or Fiction?
    TNA Impact will equal Friday night Smackdowns cable ratings in two years.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    With Vince, the problem isn't too many PPVs, its that it's not enough good storylines to sell the PPVs... I mean, in 2000/2001/2002, PPV buyrates were a lot better and they declined as stars left and the product declined.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fact or Fiction
    I'm cracking up cause I just realized that the R-Truth dude everyone is going on about is K-Quick.
    Get Rowdy!!!!
    ha, what scrub
  • south4life
    edited June 2011
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    With Vince, the problem isn't too many PPVs, its that it's not enough good storylines to sell the PPVs... I mean, in 2000/2001/2002, PPV buyrates were a lot better and they declined as stars left and the product declined.

That's what I don't like, Vince tries to cram 6 different storylines in one show.
    So they end up rushing the storylines and they are sloppy.
  • northwest443
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Fact or Fiction?
    TNA Impact will equal Friday night Smackdowns cable ratings in two years.

Fact - If you would had said 1 year I would have said Fiction, but in 2 years if they stay on the same path I could see it happening
  • m. inferno
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FACT or FICTION : THE WWE should re-establish brand speciifc PPV's

cause i liked the space given betwen PPV matchups on each brand
    and if they even out the roster properly then i could work out
    what ya'll think?
  • south4life
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FACT or FICTION : THE WWE should re-establish brand speciifc PPV's

cause i liked the space given betwen PPV matchups on each brand
    and if they even out the roster properly then i could work out
    what ya'll think?

I wish they would go back to that for real, especially when they had Raw vs. Smackdown PPV's
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fact or Fiction
    With Undertaker basically reaching retirement, turning Kane into that monster heal he was during the attitude era to end takers streak would be the way for taker to leave the company
  • northwest443
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fact or Fiction
    With Undertaker basically reaching retirement, turning Kane into that monster heal he was during the attitude era to end takers streak would be the way for taker to leave the company

This would be the "ONLY" way I see Taker leaving the company.....and the only person to end the "Streak" if so.
  • south4life
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This would be the "ONLY" way I see Taker leaving the company.....and the only person to end the "Streak" if so.

I want Taker to retire with his streak still intact.
    But I do not want to see Kane against Taker again.
    He faced Kane, Shawn Michaels and Triple H twice already, he needs to go out with style.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fact or fiction, they need to get rid of the seperate brands and go back to being on both