Favorite/Least Favorite CHARACTERS from TV Shows/Films

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Overrated

Omar (The Wire)- Cool character and all, but didn't really strike me as intelligent enough to really survive all that long. If the show had occured in real life, dude wouldn't have survived past the first season. All those "soldiers" who dropped the drugs outside of the house everytime dude showed up should have been burned alive. You meaning to tell me you can't have your workers keep AKs in the buildings where you hide the stashes?

Wallace (The Wire)- Never got the hype about him. Didn't strike me as particularly intelligent or anything like that. Sure his death might have been sad, but.....so?

Christopher Moltessante (The Sopranos)- This kid just struck me as an idiot. Not particularly savvy at anything, just coasting by on Tony's affection. He didn't have the discipline, strategic skills, nor temperance to be a boss. Kid would have been a disaster

Underrated

Michael (The Wire) - By far my favorite character. Kid had heart plus brains, I could see him surviving for years doing what Omar was doing. Honestly, they could have done a whole spinoff with him as the central character and continue telling the stories of the 4th season kids

Carmella Soprano (The Sopranos)- An enabler. The actress played her beautifully, obviously not as innocent as she would like people to believe. There's a reason Tony picked her.

McNulty (The Wire) - One of the greatest detectives in Television history. Dude was smarter than people gave him credit for.

Comments

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Any role that was ever played by Christian Bale. Every flick I see him act in, I wanna ? him up lol...
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Least favorite: the son in my wife & kids. they made him just too dumb to be funny .
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Favorite: Kevin Arnold- the wonder years
    Tony Soprano, Sivlio Dante, Stringer Bell

Least favorite: Carmella, Ralphie, Namond's mom
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Least favorite: the son in my wife & kids. they made him just too dumb to be funny .

He used to be annoying as hell. And at the same time, he pulled that cutie and had a baby with her. But yeah how can anybody be that dumb?
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yo, Uncle Junior and Tony's Mom were funny as ? ! I was almost crying that episode where people found out Junior gives head
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that joffrey from "game of thrones" is a ? ? .
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Favorite- Jack Bauer & President Palmer (I still miss 24)

Least Favorite- Tony Soprano's sister. I hated that ? . So many good characters got killed off and this ? made it to the end. SMH.
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Favorites

George Michael Bluth: So many crazy ass things happen to him in Arrested Development, and he takes it in hilariously geeky, awkward stride. Might be the best character in that show.

Mr. Eko: He's pretty much bad ass and had the most interesting backstory in Lost until he was killed off.

Al Bundy: I shouldn't have to explain.

Least

Michael Bluth: He was mostly just a ? hypocrite that wasn't much better than his crazy family.

Sylar: The writers really ? him up in the last few seasons of Heroes. He was annoying as hell.

Claire Bennett: After the first season of Heroes she was absolutely irrelevant, but they just shoehorning her uninteresting ass into storylines.

Peggy Bundy: Lazy ass ? wouldn't cook, work, do laundry, nothing. Still ? me off.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if anyone watch weeds...

the chick who plays ciela hodes is a beast...
    i hate her character soooooo much.. but it's only because she's so good at playing annoying..
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    darkstarr8 wrote: »
    Favorites

George Michael Bluth: So many crazy ass things happen to him in Arrested Development, and he takes it in hilariously geeky, awkward stride. Might be the best character in that show.

Mr. Eko: He's pretty much bad ass and had the most interesting backstory in Lost until he was killed off.

Al Bundy: I shouldn't have to explain.

Least

Michael Bluth: He was mostly just a ? hypocrite that wasn't much better than his crazy family.

Sylar: The writers really ? him up in the last few seasons of Heroes. He was annoying as hell.

Claire Bennett: After the first season of Heroes she was absolutely irrelevant, but they just shoehorning her uninteresting ass into storylines.

Peggy Bundy: Lazy ass ? wouldn't cook, work, do laundry, nothing. Still ? me off.

trill ?
  • Dupac
    edited June 2011
    Options
    boyd crowder is one of the best characters ever written on tv....
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Favvorite-

Hannibal Lecter
    John Doe - Se7en
    Tyler Durden/narrator
    Billy Costigan - Departed
    Minnie Castevet - Rosemarys Baby
    Don Draper/Peggy - Mad Men
    Celia/Conrad- Weeds

Least fave -

Most Johnny Depp roles.
  • Dupac
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Favvorite-

Hannibal Lecter
    John Doe - Se7en
    Tyler Durden/narratorBilly Costigan - Departed
    Minnie Castevet - Rosemarys Baby
    Don Draper/Peggy - Mad Men
    Celia/Conrad- Weeds

Least fave -

Most Johnny Depp roles.

great great character....marla singer was a beast too...

also john mclain is a favorite of mines, but i don't if it was mclain or hanz gruber that really made die hard one of my favorite movies of alll time....

randal from clerks is hilarious.....quotables for days...

and leslie mann's charachter in knocked up.. she made that movie for me....

another severly slept on tv show character is bones from bones...i love that whole cast.. but bones is a great lead character...her depth is phenominal
    and i love her father..someone who does a humours job of playing a criminal sociapath is always fun to watch
  • Dupac
    edited June 2011
    Options
    can't co-sign on the johnny depp i like the pirate trilogy
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    that joffrey from "game of thrones" is a ? ? .

yea he came to mind off the top

My man Vic from the Shield is my all time favorite
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't watch 1/2 the shows y'all are talking about.

Favorite: Derwin from the game.

Least: Melanie in The Game. I love them together but geez she is such an annoying gf/wife.

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »

and leslie mann's charachter in knocked up.. she made that movie for me....

I loved her in Knocked Up. By far the best part of the movie. If I was a kid, I'd want her to be my mom.

Add to this list Patrick Bateman.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FAVORITE

Gemma(Sons Of Anarchy)-thats a real ? . i wish she was my mom, WE WOULD BE ? 24/7.

BELEE DAT!!!

LEAST

Wallace(The Wire)-a fake snitch ass ?
  • Dupac
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I loved her in Knocked Up. By far the best part of the movie. If I was a kid, I'd want her to be my mom.

Add to this list Patrick Bateman.

yea she had countless lines in that ? ...
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Favorite character in a film is probably Virgil Tibbs from IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT. Sidney Poitier slapped the ? out of a white man on film. No one had ever seen nothin' like that before.

Least favorite would probably be Madea.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I hate Juliette Lewis in 'Natural Born Killers'. Zach G. in Hangover II
    Andrea, Donna, and Dylan from 90210, Vince Vaughn in Made...
    and the oldest daughter in Uncle Buck