I remember when posters yoused to GAF about this place...

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited June 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
smh fell off..

Comments

• OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    explain GAF please
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The entire IC fell off years ago and won't recover because Grouchy Greg does not care.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't see what's wrong with talking about rasslin'.........? , we all grew up watching that ? , whether you admit it or not. Some kats just don't like discussing what they see or what they read, and simply talk down on it to be with the "cool kids".

I been watching that ? since I was little, then I just recently fell off because that ? isn't good anymore. None of the character entice me to set aside time on my Monday and Thursday nights to drink and smoke to it anymore. If you actually watch the ? , the WWE especially, Vince be sonnin' his own folks, slappin' em up and ? like that. He doesn't have respect for the characters. When SCSA, HHH, Rock, and those kats were out there, Vince was scared shitless of them. Now, they got this youngin's running around trying to be a man and Vince puts them all in their place with a slap.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Once Rock left I could give a ? bout WWE if I watch its only to see the Divas
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    explain GAF please
    The Jamel wrote: »
    get all fussy?
    get ass fluid?
    got ass nevermind....

Give A Fuck
  • backpackingrapper
    backpackingrapper Members Posts: 181
    edited June 2011
    Options
    As many times it was said before, wrestling isn't cool anymore. Anybody heard of New Jack, ? is the most craziest dude ever. Nobody enjoy good scripts anymore because reality tv took over. Wrestling used to be our reality tv until it got super exposed and that was when WWE brought WCW and it was on the news. WWE tried to trick fans into thinking WCW was going against them when in reality a company wouldn't allow that. Vince could have mad the most of buying WCW if he made the WCW guys (that was good) and make them look good against WWE guys. That failed and so did the wrestling company. The most exciting thing now a days that will get you into the wrestlers is shoot interviews and podcast. I listen to Colt Cabana's pod cast and iwantwrestling podcast. Colt Cabana is an indy wrestler that talks to wwe wrestlers and other well know indy wrestlers and talk about life as a wrestler while iwantwrestlng is about a person who was in creative writing for WWE, he talks about how hard creative writing was and dealing with Vince.

iwantwrestling.com/podcasts

you can listen to the podcast on itunes too.

This things are like the reality show for us wrestling fans come on and join it.
  • Mally_G
    edited June 2011
    Options
    THIS IS A LONG WINDED RESPONSE.............

I've watched this ? for far too long. I don't anymore, but follow it online.

I got a good laugh at Vince when he said he didn't like news and rumor sites exposing the behind the scenes stuff of professional wrestling when he had already developed the original Tough Enough series that aired on MTV. I thought that was asinine of him say that because he wanted to be the one to expose wrestling as being scripted and choreographed. Vince always wants to be the one who does something first; and when he says stuff like that, it's just laughable.

As for when the WWF bought WCW, Vince screwed that up on purpose. He wanted to ? the company simply to own the video library. Vince wants to own the video library of every professional wrestling company of significance that has ever existed; that's his main goal. Right now, he could close up the WWE and simply sell compilation DVDs, old shows, Before They Were Stars, PPVs, documentaries, etc, and still live like a king now, and his unborn bloodline still wouldn't have to worry about working.

He ? on WCW because they almost put him out of business. So that's why he dangled the company around like he did and made all of their talent jobbers and absorbed all of their titles, cutting off their history, or restarting the history using the same title name. He purposely messed up the most potential in earning dollars through the acquisition of WCW. It would have been beast if he simply negotiated with another network to move WCW and had Shane or someone run WCW as a separated entity from WCW. Dana White learned from Vince's mistakes when he bought Strikeforce. Simply own the company, shift some of the talent around to balance things out, and run it as a separate company under one umbrella. Since WCW had a different style of wrestling than WWE, and if the WWE talent scouts actually looked to see that there was going to be an influx of smaller wrestlers coming up, they could have used WCW for them, mixed with the technicians such as Kurt Angle, Benoit, Regal, Eddie, and guys like that as their top guys, and they could have built up the future of the business. Throw in some of the Bigs that Vince likes and then move them to the WWE if they develop to the point where they could become mainstream icons like SCSA, Rock, Flair, and Hogan. There were diamonds in the rough, but Vince didn't want to handle business that way. He simply wanted to be ruthless and cutthroat and simply ? on WCW and eliminated it from all existence.

Vince had more respect for ECW because he had a vested interest in the company when Paul Heyman was owning and running it. Vince put 500K of his own money into ECW and used it as a talent enhancement fed like how he did with Smokey Mountain Wrestling, OVW, and now FCW. ECW had more developed stars and had a cult following, so Vince could brand anyone who was ECW and it was easy to get them over due to their association with the company. He brought back ECW because the name and the style of wrestling still had a following and could make money. Unfortunately, the wrestlers that were on the Sci Fi version of ECW were too ? to adapt to the original style of ECW and they watered it down. They took Heyman out of the equation, and eventually made "ECW" into Smackdown Lite; then it died because it was the forgotten product. Vince made his 500K+ back and he had no more use for the name.

So I point the finger at Vince for destroying wrestling. He had/has the industry in the palm of his hands and it's his decision on whether to push along with an idea or shoot it down. The creative team can come up with ideas but it's up to Vince to pass or veto those ideas, and it's to the point where the C-team has to only create something that Vince likes; even though his ideas are getting out of touch and lame. But that's his way of changing the wrestling industry into sports entertainment. Wrestling ideas don't work with Vince anymore, it has to be something along the lines of anything that will catch Entertainment Tonight's and Access Hollywood's eye.

The WWE is the Big Stage, the major player in town, and companies like TNA (Impact Wrestling, or big/little whatever) who can make Vince change his philosophies in thinking by putting out good wrestling product fail to do so because they are using Vince's style to make their own product with lesser known, over the hill, throw away talent, with a creative writer who was exposed in WCW as a ? writer. Yet, the man that everyone believes that can turn the wrestling business around can't get a head writing job in a wrestling company because INSERT REASON HERE.

People are tired of sports entertainment. It's not entertaining. Call it the PG Era, or whatever, but we went through a PG Era in the 80s and early 90s and it wasn't this bad. Maybe because wrestling is on TV too much and people are used to watching it but it's just something that it's in our DNA to do, even though it's not good. But someone can turn the business around with a different approach while maintaining reality based storylines and good in-ring wrestling action. You know who that man is, because he's done it before. People will say that all he wants to do is have guys throw each other through tables and bust each other over the head with trash cans, but that wasn't all what he was about. He actually let guys wrestle for 20 minutes without being the main event, he added drama to the shows with intense storylines and angles. The dude created compelling television, but for some reason, he's not allowed to display his talents.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    THIS IS A LONG WINDED RESPONSE.............

I've watched this ? for far too long. I don't anymore, but follow it online.

I got a good laugh at Vince when he said he didn't like news and rumor sites exposing the behind the scenes stuff of professional wrestling when he had already developed the original Tough Enough series that aired on MTV. I thought that was asinine of him say that because he wanted to be the one to expose wrestling as being scripted and choreographed. Vince always wants to be the one who does something first; and when he says stuff like that, it's just laughable.

As for when the WWF bought WCW, Vince screwed that up on purpose. He wanted to ? the company simply to own the video library. Vince wants to own the video library of every professional wrestling company of significance that has ever existed; that's his main goal. Right now, he could close up the WWE and simply sell compilation DVDs, old shows, Before They Were Stars, PPVs, documentaries, etc, and still live like a king now, and his unborn bloodline still wouldn't have to worry about working.

He ? on WCW because they almost put him out of business. So that's why he dangled the company around like he did and made all of their talent jobbers and absorbed all of their titles, cutting off their history, or restarting the history using the same title name. He purposely messed up the most potential in earning dollars through the acquisition of WCW. It would have been beast if he simply negotiated with another network to move WCW and had Shane or someone run WCW as a separated entity from WCW. Dana White learned from Vince's mistakes when he bought Strikeforce. Simply own the company, shift some of the talent around to balance things out, and run it as a separate company under one umbrella. Since WCW had a different style of wrestling than WWE, and if the WWE talent scouts actually looked to see that there was going to be an influx of smaller wrestlers coming up, they could have used WCW for them, mixed with the technicians such as Kurt Angle, Benoit, Regal, Eddie, and guys like that as their top guys, and they could have built up the future of the business. Throw in some of the Bigs that Vince likes and then move them to the WWE if they develop to the point where they could become mainstream icons like SCSA, Rock, Flair, and Hogan. There were diamonds in the rough, but Vince didn't want to handle business that way. He simply wanted to be ruthless and cutthroat and simply ? on WCW and eliminated it from all existence.

Vince had more respect for ECW because he had a vested interest in the company when Paul Heyman was owning and running it. Vince put 500K of his own money into ECW and used it as a talent enhancement fed like how he did with Smokey Mountain Wrestling, OVW, and now FCW. ECW had more developed stars and had a cult following, so Vince could brand anyone who was ECW and it was easy to get them over due to their association with the company. He brought back ECW because the name and the style of wrestling still had a following and could make money. Unfortunately, the wrestlers that were on the Sci Fi version of ECW were too ? to adapt to the original style of ECW and they watered it down. They took Heyman out of the equation, and eventually made "ECW" into Smackdown Lite; then it died because it was the forgotten product. Vince made his 500K+ back and he had no more use for the name.

So I point the finger at Vince for destroying wrestling. He had/has the industry in the palm of his hands and it's his decision on whether to push along with an idea or shoot it down. The creative team can come up with ideas but it's up to Vince to pass or veto those ideas, and it's to the point where the C-team has to only create something that Vince likes; even though his ideas are getting out of touch and lame. But that's his way of changing the wrestling industry into sports entertainment. Wrestling ideas don't work with Vince anymore, it has to be something along the lines of anything that will catch Entertainment Tonight's and Access Hollywood's eye.

The WWE is the Big Stage, the major player in town, and companies like TNA (Impact Wrestling, or big/little whatever) who can make Vince change his philosophies in thinking by putting out good wrestling product fail to do so because they are using Vince's style to make their own product with lesser known, over the hill, throw away talent, with a creative writer who was exposed in WCW as a ? writer. Yet, the man that everyone believes that can turn the wrestling business around can't get a head writing job in a wrestling company because INSERT REASON HERE.

People are tired of sports entertainment. It's not entertaining. Call it the PG Era, or whatever, but we went through a PG Era in the 80s and early 90s and it wasn't this bad. Maybe because wrestling is on TV too much and people are used to watching it but it's just something that it's in our DNA to do, even though it's not good. But someone can turn the business around with a different approach while maintaining reality based storylines and good in-ring wrestling action. You know who that man is, because he's done it before. People will say that all he wants to do is have guys throw each other through tables and bust each other over the head with trash cans, but that wasn't all what he was about. He actually let guys wrestle for 20 minutes without being the main event, he added drama to the shows with intense storylines and angles. The dude created compelling television, but for some reason, he's not allowed to display his talents.

Did you write this yourself, or you copied and pasted?
  • Mally_G
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It took all of 10 minutes, but i hadn't realized how much it was until i hit reply
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    It took all of 10 minutes, but i hadn't realized how much it was until i hit reply

Talented dudes like you should be writing for sites. Seriously. I'm slowly working on a site of my own. I'll need people with good writing skills, such as yourself. Good grammar >> good spelling anyday.
  • Mally_G
    edited June 2011
    Options
    just PM me any information you need/want. I'm down to contribute.

I don't have a professional background in the business, just a keen eye for what I see on TV, and what I read (news or rumors). I put ? as real as possible and try not to come off as a smark, but I don't follow the business as closely as I used to, but I've seen and read enough over the past 20+ years to understand how it works; but i'm not a smark.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    thanx BackPackingRapper for droppin the names of those blogs/podcasts

iwantwrestling has has great podcasts

anyone got anymore plz drop
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the "formerly creative" podcasts at iwantwrestling are great
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Did you write this yourself, or you copied and pasted?
    I was thinking the same thing/
    But if these are in his own words, Very good statements my dude...