Are the cod4 servers still up?

Options
INFAREDSHAWTY
INFAREDSHAWTY Members Posts: 397
edited June 2011 in IllGaming
i don't see the use in buying a ps3 or 360 if i can't play cod4 aka the best modern warfare ever created

also, does anyone know if fight night round 3 servers are up? i know with round 4 they used a whole different developing system someone in canada or some ? , but can u still play against people online?

thnx in advance

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yea that ? prolly wont ever go down
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes to both. Developers don't close servers just because a new edition of a game was made.
  • INFAREDSHAWTY
    INFAREDSHAWTY Members Posts: 397
    edited June 2011
    Options
    awesome thanks 4 info
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes to both. Developers don't close servers just because a new edition of a game was made.

They might start doin that ?
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if the official cod4 servers do close, there are always hundreds if not thousands of private servers.

fight night 3 on the other hand... severs for sport games usually close down after a few years in favor of current iterations.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They might start doin that ?

Then they'll lose money. It's still people buying COD4, MW2 and other older versions of games and if they close the servers, then people won't buy it. Also, considering that some devs release older games in bundles (Resistance 1, 2) to get new people up to speed for the next edition, it would be best to keep the servers up.

EDIT: The dude above who said that they close servers of older sports games was right, so Fight Night Round 3 might be closed.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    they be closing need 4 speed too.. my question is... is Splinter cell : Double Agent still up... i kinda wanna snap some necks .... and i need to re-cop
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CoD4 isn't up as far as I know, right now it's down because supposedly they're fixing the hacked lobbies. Some dude on youtube was showing he couldn't get into ANY game mode at all.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    CoD4 isn't up as far as I know, right now it's down because supposedly they're fixing the hacked lobbies. Some dude on youtube was showing he couldn't get into ANY game mode at all.

I tried playing it a couple days ago and couldn't get on at all.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idk if yall referreing to PS3 or XBOX.. but its been up on 360 the whole time!