Anyone checkin for Falling Skies?

Options
illogics
illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
falilng-skies.jpg

Imma check it tonight. Better not be some ? . Tryna see if TNT can pull off something different.

Comments

• gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    falilng-skies.jpg

Imma check it tonight. Better not be some ? . Tryna see if TNT can pull off something different.

someone give me a back drop..? is this ?
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    someone give me a back drop..? is this ?

18776_FS_EP102_Promo_Mech_leg_CC.jpg
    FallingSkies.jpg

FALLING SKIES opens in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force.

At the center of the series is Tom Mason (Noah Wyle), a Boston history professor whose family has been torn apart. His wife was killed in the initial attack, and one of his three sons has been captured. Determined to get his son back and to ensure the safety of his other two sons, Tom must put his extensive knowledge of military history to the test as one of the leaders of the resistance movement known as the 2nd Mass, because of their location in Boston, Mass. They are constantly trying to gain intelligence about the aliens in order to one day outsmart and overtake them and hopefully rebuild their lives.

Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) co-stars as Anne Glass, a pediatrician who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic upheaval in their lives. Will Patton (Armageddon, TNT's Into the West) plays a fierce leader of the resistance, Weaver. The series also stars Drew Roy (Secretariat) as Hal, Tom's oldest son and a growing fighter in the resistance movement; Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom's youngest son; Connor Jessup (The Saddle Club) as Ben, Tom's son who was captured by aliens; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps Anne in the group's makeshift medical clinic. Colin Cunningham (Living in Your Car) is John Pope, the leader of an outlaw motorcycle gang and Sarah Carter (Shark) is Margaret, a wary survivor of Pope's gang.

FALLING SKIES focuses on the resilience of the survivors and their determination to maintain their humanity when all else has been destroyed. It is a tale of endurance, commitment and courage in which everyday people are called upon to become heroes. They may be outmatched, outnumbered and outgunned, but nothing can beat the human spirit. Most of all, the series is about the ties that bind people together in the most difficult of circumstances.

The aliens in the series are mighty, mysterious and merciless. They are highly intelligent and use military-like tactics, which makes them an overwhelming force against the 2nd Mass. There are two types of aliens that the human survivors have named Skitters and Mechs. Combining live action and special visual effects, the Skitters have spider-like bodies and incredible strength and agility. The deadly, robotic Mechs stand upright and can shoot bullets from their arms. The aliens control captured children, like Tom's son Ben, through bio-mechanical harnesses but have yet to reveal their ultimate plan for them.

FALLING SKIES is executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, along with DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, Graham Yost (Justified, The Pacific) and screenwriter Robert Rodat. Rodat, who earned an Oscar® nomination for his screenplay for Saving Private Ryan, wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. Mark Verheiden (Heroes, Battlestar Galactica) and Greg Beeman (Heroes, Smallville) are co-executive producers. The pilot was directed by Carl Franklin (One False Move, Out of Time).
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This show is ass. It's like someone pitched "Hey we can do Walking Dead with Zombies!". Bad acting. Stupid plot line. Obviously the Harness kids are the ones piloting the "Mechs". This ? will not be around very long. Sundays at 10:00. Isn't that the same time Walking Dead comes on? SMH.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This show is ass. It's like someone pitched "Hey we can do Walking Dead with Zombies!". Bad acting. Stupid plot line. Obviously the Harness kids are the ones piloting the "Mechs". This ? will not be around very long. Sundays at 10:00. Isn't that the same time Walking Dead comes on? SMH.

cosign... i had high hopes for this show... like some john connor resistance vs the terminators, survival type ? .

2nd episode they was already fighting against obnoxious human characters instead of the aliens

moon bloodgood sexy as ? tho
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    cosign... i had high hopes for this show... like some john connor resistance vs the terminators, survival type ? .

2nd episode they was already fighting against obnoxious human characters instead of the aliens

Yeah same here. I was looking forward to this.

It was way too early for the fighting amongst the humans. I don't know. It looks like it may get somewhat better though from the previews.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    shows that are plugged heavily during NBA playoffs always suck. then they got the lame dude from ER as the lead actor. hell naw

and yea ? look like a bootleg version of walking dead with aliens instead of zombies
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh, I thought it was good, not great but hell, better than most of the ? the other ? that comes on
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I caught bits and pieces of it. I'll have tO hulu it to make a decision on it. it was ok from what I saw nothing special and what was up with them racist ass ? ?
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    smh, I thought it was good, not great but hell, better than most of the ? the other ? that comes on

Yeah, those are my thoughts. It didn't ? away, but there was enough there that made me want to tune in.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    no thanks........
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i wouldnt be suprised if they move this to the syfy channel.
  • thenatureboy
    edited June 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    i wouldnt be suprised if they move this to the syfy channel.

With the type of ratings it got (very good), it won't be going anywhere.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Funny, I saw the countdown they had for this on TNT right before Transformers came on Sunday (TNT really pushing it hard, trying to get the same people who tuned into that to watch their show).. anyway I went out and checked it On Demand tonight. It was meh, some pretty bad acting here and there but I've tuned into worse on other shows... The best part of the '2 hour event' was the last 15 mins.. The preview for the rest of the season was most interesting, that did keep my attention for my low expectations.

And Smh at limited commercial interruptions but still having like 40 mins of that ? .

Noticed they had the cute chick from Weeds on there..

Seychelle-Gabriel-006.jpg

With Moon Bloodgood and the new white chick that joined the resistance may do exactly what they were casted for .. get my rating every once in a while.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not bad at all. Ill probably stay tuned in.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »

thts the only reason m watching
  • thenatureboy
    edited July 2011
    Options
    upping this, I have been enjoying the show so far.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watching the 2 hour season 3 premiere right now
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? alright. Nothing special. I'll watch cause ain't ? else really popping till breaking bad and soa come back anyway.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i swear i been meaning to make this thread..watching the playoffs they KEPT showing commericals.. so what the ic Wack or worth a watch??
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall tripping falling skies is a good show
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @texas409 so its worth checking out huh? aint getting much from the IC on this one
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watch it because my wife likes it and its one of the few things that she watches that I can actually tolerate. The premise of it isn't bad, and some of the characters are ok. For a while I was trying to figure out why it as a whole sucks, and then someone told me that a woman wrote it. Now, the fact that a woman wrote it in itself is not what makes it bad, but you can definitely see points in the storyline where it screams out at you that it's some woman stuff. Basically, there is just too much emphasis on family bonds, relationships, and concepts like that at the wrong time. You want to show off the love of a father for his sons cool, but don't do it in a way where the guy is quite possibly sacrificing the lives of dozens of people just to save his son, and don't make it so that a seasoned and level headed soldier routinely goes along with the BS. Then there are other little things that are just so obviously stupid. Like in one season, the main man lead takes a rocket launcher and shoots down and alien ship as if he was shooting a bird with a BB gun. It's ridiculous. This guy was a History teacher. He's never held a weapon like that in his life and yet he can fire it off without any effort with pinpoint accuracy. Some might think you can suspend your disbelief for something like that, but the problem is those things happen all the time. The story always makes a point to get the main characters to do things like that even when they clearly aren't equipped to do so and even when there are other side characters right there within reach who would be much better choices.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    @texas409 so its worth checking out huh? aint getting much from the IC on this one

season 2 was good man the plot keeps getting better a new season just started so u might wanna catch up so you can know whats going on

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since my original post, I've kept watching as the summer has weak programming. This one is ok, so I watch it when im bored. It has it's moments of actual good episodes and some meh one's. Guess I'm curious to see where the story goes.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is boring as ? yo. it's like sci-fi for old people.

i bet they show poly-grip and medicalert and those wilfred brimley diabetes commercials during that ? .