What Films do you consider Racist? or Racially insensitive?

Options
stupot0607
stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
The Blindside seemed racist to me, how every black person was portrayed as braindead or a criminal.

Flight 93 i thought was incredibly racist towards muslims, stereotypical and just a awful film.

Add On....

Comments

• GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Rosewood......? will ? you off because of the power of ONE white ? !!
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Rosewood was horrible.

I'm going to say White Chicks..straight racist! lol
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hmm, I believe it about blindside. I heard they even changed the story around to make the Sandra Bullock character more of a guiding figure than she really was and to make the football player more of a ? than he really was... I never saw the flick tho.

What about transformers 2 with the black robots that couldn't read, lol

And of course the funniest movie about race is Gran Torino... not racist imo, but hilarious and must be mentioned in any convo about race/film.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Rosewood was horrible.

I'm going to say White Chicks..straight racist! lol

That movie SUCKED!
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dragonball z owns this thread....................

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

ay ? dragonball...

i cant front tho... when that ? said " eh hibbily dat doe big ol a niggoweed. hot bot wait talbut, man you talkin funny!" i started crackin the ? up
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    And of course the funniest movie about race is Gran Torino... not racist imo, but hilarious and must be mentioned in any convo about race/film.

Ha.. a racist with a heart of gold.. and the accepting victims of the racial intolerance.. only in america.........

(it was a good movie though)
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lemme take the opposite of this thread and post Moorish presence in movies

Here's one
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

LOL @ the dude's name being "Killa" and another lol and smh and Trunks and Goten being dressing in a KKK-esque outfit standing next to him.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    when they shot florida Evans on rosewood i was ready to snap on a white person dam shame there weren't' any in the theater

wrestling is pretty racist but they equal opportunity racist
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Transformers 2 and the Niggybots.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »

idk if you can count rosewood that was the point of the movie, to show the ? up ? that went down
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    Hmm, I believe it about blindside. I heard they even changed the story around to make the Sandra Bullock character more of a guiding figure than she really was and to make the football player more of a ? than he really was... I never saw the flick tho.

What about transformers 2 with the black robots that couldn't read, lol

and thats why she won an oscar for the blindside
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »

Man that movie use to make me wanna slap a white person every time i finished watching it..
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Any Quinten Tarantino movie.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LOL @ the dude's name being "Killa" and another lol and smh and Trunks and Goten being dressing in a KKK-esque outfit standing next to him.

The Japanese have some ? up portrayals of Blacks, just look at the"Street Fighter Series."
    In one of the game guides for Super Street Fighter 4, Blarog's (the Mike Tyson rip-off) bio states that he likes "Women and bourbon" but dislikes "fish, math, and hard work."

And the KKK actually copied their uniforms from the Moors who settled in Seville Spain.
    Capuchones.jpg
    The distinctive cloaks and hoods (capirotes) of Spanish Holy Week processions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Week_in_Spain

But this film, "Showdown in Little Tokyo" with Brandon Lee and Dolph Lundgren

SMH.

Brandon didn't even try to compete with Dolph for Tia Carrere, just compliment him on his ? size????
    And Dolph just goes around ? up Asian men left and right.

I didn't pay much attention to this when I was lil'ler, but now knowing how Hollyweird likes to portray people of color, SMH.
  • traestar
    edited June 2011
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »

SMH.

Brandon didn't even try to compete with Dolph for Tia Carrere, just compliment him on his ? size????

I didn't pay much attention to this when I was lil'ler, but now knowing how Hollyweird likes to portray people of color, SMH.

What the ? ??
  • traestar
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Japanese have some ? up portrayals of Blacks, just look at the"Street Fighter Series."
    In one of the game guides for Super Street Fighter 4, Blarog's (the Mike Tyson rip-off) bio states that he likes "Women and bourbon" but dislikes "fish, math, and hard work."

And the KKK actually copied their uniforms from the Moors who settled in Seville Spain.
    Capuchones.jpg

WOW thats crazy @ capirotes!!

Yea Balrog, despite his popularity, has always been the running racist joke of Street Fighter. Even T-Hawk to the degree!! And these are the things that we are passive of all the time.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    c/s The Blindside. I saw Precious (don't ask) and that movie was ignorant as ? . It made Black folks look utterly ridiculous!! No wonder White people loved it so much...
  • traestar
    edited June 2011
    Options
    c/s The Blindside. I saw Precious (don't ask) and that movie was ignorant as ? . It made Black folks look utterly ridiculous!! No wonder White people loved it so much...

I watched both....Precious was very deliberate racist and sexist, and I mean scene for scene!!
    I haven't seen a movie attack Black Women so bad, especially those who are heavy set!
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    I watched both....Precious was very deliberate racist and sexist, and I mean scene for scene!!
    I haven't seen a movie attack Black Women so bad, especially those who are heavy set!

Yeah, that entire movie from start to finish was disgusting. I still don't understand why people loved it so much. Movies where Black people are shown in a bad light, usually do great. And that's ? up.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The ending to La Horde....saw it yesterday and it ? me off.

Super 8 - that uncle tom(from The Wood) who was doing all the ? work for that white colonel with no remorse. Killed the black professor, then got himself killed for following orders. And when the mother says"this is not Africa" to the daughter for dressing too skimpy.

2nd episode in Walking dead series
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Capuchones.jpg

SMH.

That scene is ? as hell and sterotypical... but as for Dolph beating up Asian Dudes... Dolph does hold several black belts in different martial discplines though...
  • traestar
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, that entire movie from start to finish was disgusting. I still don't understand why people loved it so much. Movies where Black people are shown in a bad light, usually do great. And that's ? up.

And these movies do in a certain way keep Black people in a inferior mindstate...displaying hopelessness and negligence and need a white influence to save them. Smh!! Keeping us in a submissive state while their families are well educated and aware of the system that is going on!