Now thats its pretty much official that CM Punk is leaving the WWE...

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited July 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
where will he go from here?

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Like a true athlete..........hold out for more money.

If anything, he's going to want that Hogan Clause in his contract where he has creative control over his character. But my understanding is that the WWE wants to own his name, and he's not having that.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    he be back in the wwe
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    he be back in the wwe

no doubt he'll be back. To get the money and exposure, there's no where else to go.

but the problem will be, under what circumstances will he return? because you and I all know that he may negotiate, but the WWE will get the upper hand. He may get some sort of creative control clause and keep his name to earn money for 5 years after he leaves the WWE for good, but then the WWE snatches the rights to the name and he can't use it anymore, and they can get it sooner if he retires before the 5 years are up. They'll throw some crazy loopholes and provisions like that in the contract that works out in their favor.

But he will be back. And when he does, he'll get frustrated with them and how they are treating him again. They'll push him, he might win another title or two, then they'll deflate him. Then he'll start ? on Twitter until he turns into Matt Hardy and they eventually release him. Seems to be the going trend these days.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If you guys thought Punk was leaving because of his Twitter activity, he's just toying with you.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    doubt hes leavin tho..
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd rather see him in TNA tbh, although I don't think that will happen....
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im the only one who picked ROH....Ha!
    Dude was wearing ROH t-shirts under the blazer a few times he did commentary
    and sent out the same message he did when he left ROH for WWE... He has history with them.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wanna see some backstage footage of him ? ? up. or at least causing a lil trouble.

liven that ? up a little before he leaves
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wanna see some backstage footage of him ? ? up. or at least causing a lil trouble.

liven that ? up a little before he leaves

i doubt it real now to think come on if he was gonna ? on wwe why woud he have his back turned to the ramp??
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ToWn_? wrote: »
    i doubt it real now to think come on if he was gonna ? on wwe why woud he have his back turned to the ramp??

Yea, u right...

I just hope this means the WWE is getting away from this "PG era" ? .
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea, u right...

I just hope this means the WWE is getting away from this "PG era" ? .

exactly ..................
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If vince see the money coming in with this he might move a way alil from the pg
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    its ok mynameaintearl.. you can join the party...
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    its ok mynameaintearl.. you can join the party...

are you shooting on me, brother? nh.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CM punk the realest.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If vince see the money coming in with this he might move a way alil from the pg

You would think but looik how Nexus was handled... and it was around this time last year also...
    are you shooting on me, brother? nh.
    Subliminal this time.. but you took it well...
    CM punk the realest.

Co sign.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If you guys thought Punk was leaving because of his Twitter activity, he's just toying with you.

my ? , that jill scott avi is somethin SERIOUS!!! i can't stop lookin at it.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He'll prolly take 6 months off..if that..and come back..dudes the best he's ever been that speech last nite was awesome...the way he went in on the Vince, Steph, and HHH was the truth
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I honestly dont think he should leave... homie the best thing going in WWE right now for real. The Miz and R-Truth is a close second/third. It's funny that the best ? is on RAW and the very best is trying to leave. This year honestly though has been the best year for WWE in a while. Them ? finally got new wrestlers that get people talking on a serious level man. The Rock came back, HBK was there, Booker came back and is that ? on commentarty, CM Punk been the best ? for the last year plus for real, THE MIZ stepped up, Austin be lurking around and ? . If WWE do this ? right, 2011 can be the year the WWE was truly re-born... TV PG or no TV PG, a show rating dont matter.. You can still saybitch or ass on a TV PG program and cut good ass promos
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that... this ? aint going anywhere. Much like nexus, enjoy it while its good cuz this will be forgotten by Summerslam.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that... this ? aint going anywhere. Much like nexus, enjoy it while its good cuz this will be forgotten by Summerslam.
    I am trying my best not to think this way and give WWE the benefit of the you know what!...but like I said in another post.. Fool me once WWE - Shame on.??? Fool me twice, yeah right!, so we'll see
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I am trying my best not to think this way and give WWE the benefit of the you know what!...but like I said in another post.. Fool me once WWE - Shame on.??? Fool me twice, yeah right!, so we'll see

Just looking at next weeks raw tells me EVERYTHING.
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao at HHH being called a ? ...Punk is too real. Definitely hope this turns out to be a memorable storyline and just isn't put aside, legendary moment regardless. I was lucky to turn over to Raw right at the beginning of the promo and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Wrestlers like CM Punk are what make wrestling even mentionable. I'll be keeping up with wrestling just to see where this goes until he leaves.
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I would rather see him in TNA but for some reason I believe he resigned already simply because he's more reckless when cutting promos and is touching more basis behind his contrract situation. Being said, i doubt he'll leave MITB with the WWE Championship.