edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
No Jail time for the felony gun charges.....he lucky like a muhfucka

but he got 2 years of probation....GOAT for felony gun charges

Comments

• middleman
    middleman Members Posts: 98
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Damn and just when the Wiz luck look like it was changing around with Leonsis buying the team. I wish he could got some time so they could've voided his contract. On some real ? ? though he shouldn't have gotten any time
  • Hobe cryant
    Hobe cryant Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Just shows you got money you above the law.Homie got a month in a halfway house.

A regular ? gets 5-7 years for havin all them guns.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He got lucky.. i thought he was gonna get those 3 months that i heard about.. Now Gilbert.. dont do anything else stupid..Hope he learned a lesson and appreciates his ? damn freedom.
  • trailblazer98
    trailblazer98 Members Posts: 76
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Michael Vick madder than ? . SMH@hiring cheap ass lawyers.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself next season.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself next season.

lets hope he shoot Shaq next
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lets hope he shoot Shaq next

That's why Shaq didn't show up to any games when the Cavs played the Wiz.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol the funniest ? about this....is during this whole trial ? Gilbert Arenas did an interview where he said "i used to own around 500 guns" that ? aint have no shame...and still got off easy
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nice to have $
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol the funniest ? about this....is during this whole trial ? Gilbert Arenas did an interview where he said "i used to own around 500 guns" that ? aint have no shame...and still got off easy

exactly..that ? DID NOT give a ?
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Y'all need to remember that different states have different rules about concealed weapons. If Arenas had got caught in NY he would be doing mandatory time word to Plaxico and Lil Wayne. Also dog fighting in VA gets you automatic jail time, I dont remember the details but I read about it a few years ago.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I seen this coming....He been puttin in major community service
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That's why Shaq didn't show up to any games when the Cavs played the Wiz.

I forgot about that. Danny Ferry probably knew about the situation because he know Gilbert Arenas got guns & Shaq cant shoot
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Y'all need to remember that different states have different rules about concealed weapons. If Arenas had got caught in NY he would be doing mandatory time word to Plaxico and Lil Wayne. Also dog fighting in VA gets you automatic jail time, I dont remember the details but I read about it a few years ago.

Jamaica...he got caught in WASHINGTON DC, they have strict gunlaws to i believe
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unlawful Possession of Firearm: According to the D.C. Criminal Code, it is illegal to own or possess a firearm in the District of Columbia if the person: (1) is a drug addict, (2) has ever been convicted of a felony, either in D.C or anywhere else in the United States, (3) has ever been convicted of a firearms charge, or (4) has ever been convicted of certain misdemeanor charges (e.g., prostitution or vagrancy). This is the offense typically referred to as Felon in Possession of a Firearm. It is also illegal for a third party to provide a firearm to a person the third party knows is not otherwise eligible to possess the firearm. The penalty for violating either provision is a mandatory minimum term of 1 year imprisonment that cannot be suspended and a maximum of 10 years. D.C. Criminal Code 22-4503.

^^^^^...and i believe Arenas was convicted of a firearms charge before
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    good...this is good...hopefully he wont be so stupid again..
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL @ comparing to Mike Vick
    ? had an oragnized dog ring where he funded and brought together everyone
    The Feds were after him and they just made an new department so they were gunnin for ?
    They made an example
    All of his homies snitched He lost
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how many you of you ? gave away millions in charity, thats what his lawer argued and that why he got a slap on the rist
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wonder if Gil gonna get a chance to play again?
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's a good day for him and black people when you look at it, him having money anit have nothing to do with it, white man stay trying to lock away ? . Look at Mike Vick for example they threw him under the bus and gave him 2 years. Gilbert better stay outta trouble now, if he ? up again he's done.
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He should of gotten jail time. However this cant compare to what Plax or vick did because he took a loaded gun into a club filled with people and ended up shooting himself. At least Gil was smart enough to keep them unloaded.good for him
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    It's a good day for him and black people when you look at it, him having money anit have nothing to do with it, white man stay trying to lock away ? . Look at Mike Vick for example they threw him under the bus and gave him 2 years. Gilbert better stay outta trouble now, if he ? up again he's done.

word to OJ....
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Did his mama just die?
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jamaica...he got caught in WASHINGTON DC, they have strict gunlaws to i believe

The laws in DC are strict but the sentences are not mandatory so the judge has leeway to look at the case and decide what an appropriate punishment should be. The sentence Arenas got is not uncommon. In fact it is fairly common in DC for first time non violent offenders who are likely to not commit such a crime again to get such a sentence. And I'm talking about your average joe citizen here. People shouldn't upset that Arenas actually got justice. The laws are there to lock people up who dangers to society not just lock people up so that politicians who write these laws can say "look see how many people we locked up for gun charges" so they can win elections.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unlawful Possession of Firearm: According to the D.C. Criminal Code, it is illegal to own or possess a firearm in the District of Columbia if the person: (1) is a drug addict, (2) has ever been convicted of a felony, either in D.C or anywhere else in the United States, (3) has ever been convicted of a firearms charge, or (4) has ever been convicted of certain misdemeanor charges (e.g., prostitution or vagrancy). This is the offense typically referred to as Felon in Possession of a Firearm. It is also illegal for a third party to provide a firearm to a person the third party knows is not otherwise eligible to possess the firearm. The penalty for violating either provision is a mandatory minimum term of 1 year imprisonment that cannot be suspended and a maximum of 10 years. D.C. Criminal Code 22-4503.

^^^^^...and i believe Arenas was convicted of a firearms charge before

1)Arenas is not a drug addict
    2)He hadn't been convicted of a felony
    3)not convicted of a prior charge in the district
    4)has not been convicted of those charges listed.

There was no mandatory 1 year minimum sentence for arenas here. He didn't meet the requirement. It was completely left up to the judge to decide what his punishment should be.