If MMA was big in the 90's

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
like it is today, with the UFC and ? , do you think many WWF/WWE stars would've taken the MMA route? Seems like many of the WWF/WWE stars seem to really love MMA. Brock went, Lashley went, Batista would like to but he's too old, Taker would love to but he's too old as well. Taker said if he could have the option again he would've gone MMA. What do you think about HHH? Lets say he never got into being with Steph, MMA? The Rock? CM Punk?

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    like it is today, with the UFC and ? , do you think many WWF/WWE stars would've taken the MMA route? Seems like many of the WWF/WWE stars seem to really love MMA. Brock went, Lashley went, Batista would like to but he's too old, Taker would love to but he's too old as well. Taker said if he could have the option again he would've gone MMA. What do you think about HHH? Lets say he never got into being with Steph, MMA? The Rock? CM Punk?

I belive so in fact many pro wrestlers have said as such...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hey negroes when I got a MMA thread use it... anyways here are some responses...
    but basically I ensure you if MMA was as big today as it was in the 90s.. Kurt Angle is a former UFC heavyweight champ ala Mark Coleman.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tazz definitely. maybe the undertaker.
    Here's the thing, it looks so easy on TV. Spike has brainwashed people into believing they can get in there. i don't care what wrestler says what unless you get in there i don't believe it. Getting punched in the face changes your world perspective. it can turn the toughest guy into a ? and a ? into maximus. until you know how you're going to react then you're just a spectator. and don't give me that 100+ streetfights ? .Until you've trained for months to prepare for a guy you've never met but plans on kicking your ass you don't know what it's like to be a gladiator. Walking to that cage or ring is some nerve racking ? add the factor of thousands of raving maniacle, drunken fans and ? gets even crazier. I've seen many people break before the fight even starts and I'd bet my left nut that at least 80% of the professional wrestlers in the US would do the same. You ever seen Bam Bam vs Kimo Leopoldo?look it up if you haven't.
    Now Japanese pro wrestlers.......well, that's a different story entirely.
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    Tazz definitely. maybe the undertaker.
    Here's the thing, it looks so easy on TV. Spike has brainwashed people into believing they can get in there. i don't care what wrestler says what unless you get in there i don't believe it. Getting punched in the face changes your world perspective. it can turn the toughest guy into a ? and a ? into maximus. until you know how you're going to react then you're just a spectator. and don't give me that 100+ streetfights ? .Until you've trained for months to prepare for a guy you've never met but plans on kicking your ass you don't know what it's like to be a gladiator. Walking to that cage or ring is some nerve racking ? add the factor of thousands of raving maniacle, drunken fans and ? gets even crazier. I've seen many people break before the fight even starts and I'd bet my left nut that at least 80% of the professional wrestlers in the US would do the same. You ever seen Bam Bam vs Kimo Leopoldo?look it up if you haven't.
    Now Japanese pro wrestlers.......well, that's a different story entirely.

They said they would have tried it... dont mean they would be good at it or stayed in the sport..
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Look at what happened to Sean O'Haire.............

dude looks mean for a pro wrestler and had ZERO and I mean ZERO chin. I've seen him religiously get knocked out within 30 seconds of fights. Since he couldn't cut it in wrestling or MMA, the only news of him that you'll hear is him getting ? and beating up women at a bar. Real tough guy.

Steve Austin said he would've tried MMA if it were an opportunity for him in his prime. Undertaker will tell you YES in a blink.

I think anyone with an athletic background in some sort of contact sport (football, college wrestling, karate) would have tried MMA in their prime if the opportunity was there.
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Look at what happened to Sean O'Haire.............

dude looks mean for a pro wrestler and had ZERO and I mean ZERO chin. I've seen him religiously get knocked out within 30 seconds of fights. Since he couldn't cut it in wrestling or MMA, the only news of him that you'll hear is him getting ? and beating up women at a bar. Real tough guy.

Steve Austin said he would've tried MMA if it were an opportunity for him in his prime. Undertaker will tell you YES in a blink.

I think anyone with an athletic background in some sort of contact sport (football, college wrestling, karate) would have tried MMA in their prime if the opportunity was there.

Thats all they are saying they would have tried it out...
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    Options
    let'em try training for a week, then training camp first.
    Then see if they try it.
    Lot of folks are unaware of the training put into it.
    The padwork alone is tough as ? most couldn't do 1 rd let allone 2.
    The bagwork.just constant repetitive technique on an inatimate object.
    The sparring and I mean against good partners who are stronger, bigger and all around better than you. add rotations like a new partner every minute. It can be humbling and mentally exhausting getting your ass kicked on a repetitive basis. would you get up after the 20th time of getting dropped.
    lastly the strength and conditioning. take the hardest part of every sports strength and conditioning programs and that's mma. Truely the ? of the bunch.
    This ? ain;t basketball or football. there's no timeout, no huddles, no out of bounds, and no subs and nofield goals.
    This is a sport you can't play.
    it is a game of life that is about thinking ahead, controled aggression, mental toughness, imposing will, exposing weaknesses, brutal instincts and flowing with the go.
    Mixed martial artist are the new age warrior class and modern day gladiators.
    Just " Trying it" takes a certain type of human being and about 97% of the world don't have "it"
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    let'em try training for a week, then training camp first.
    Then see if they try it.
    Lot of folks are unaware of the training put into it.
    The padwork alone is tough as ? most couldn't do 1 rd let allone 2.
    The bagwork.just constant repetitive technique on an inatimate object.
    The sparring and I mean against good partners who are stronger, bigger and all around better than you. add rotations like a new partner every minute. It can be humbling and mentally exhausting getting your ass kicked on a repetitive basis. would you get up after the 20th time of getting dropped.
    lastly the strength and conditioning. take the hardest part of every sports strength and conditioning programs and that's mma. Truely the ? of the bunch.
    This ? ain;t basketball or football. there's no timeout, no huddles, no out of bounds, and no subs and nofield goals.
    This is a sport you can't play.
    it is a game of life that is about thinking ahead, controled aggression, mental toughness, imposing will, exposing weaknesses, brutal instincts and flowing with the go.
    Mixed martial artist are the new age warrior class and modern day gladiators.
    Just " Trying it" takes a certain type of human being and about 97% of the world don't have "it"

I could have swore the video of Booker T he said the training is harder than the fight...The Training for pro wrestling is similar in terms of conditioning, constant partner rotations and cosntaly getting your getting slamed on you body by bigger stornger faster guys...
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I could have swore the video of Booker T?
    yes I did
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    The Training for pro wrestling is similar in terms of conditioning, constant partner rotations and cosntaly getting your getting slamed on you body by bigger stornger faster guys...
    MajorVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    36eb1284.jpg
    at that one buddy.
    are you a pro wrestler ? No disrespect if you are i'd just like to get a better understanding of you're argument. But if you are then you've obviously done pro-wrestling training. If that is the case I'm certain you've never trained mma for a period of time because i'm not a pro wrestler but i know their training ain't got ? on MMA. true they're real athletes but that doesn't make them real fighters so their training wouldn't be ? like MMA training. maybe the conditioning aspect has some similarities but that's where it ends
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lot of them mofos wouldve got they ass handed to them
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that Bam Bam vs Kimo ? is sad

i just watched that video and i felt sorry for bam bam. that ? looked like domestic violence

i read on the comments that he got 100k foe that, so i guess he didnt feel that bad about gettin treated like a bytch for 4 minutes
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and that's how the typical person just "trying it" will get done in. or worse
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I laugh when people say Tazz, tazz has a martial arts background but he isn'ta tough guy teh way ECW built him, in fact he got punkd by RVD... now RVD is someone I coulda seen ding well in MMA if he chose the right weight class for him (welterweight).
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    Options
    RVD actuall won some toughman comps so and has a martial arts background so he's believable.
    I say tazz because of his judo background.
    Never heard the Tazz vs RVD story. please enlighten me
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    how you know tazz was soft???
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd kick the Miz ass just for misrepresenting Ohio almost as bad as Shabron
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    how you know tazz was soft???

This has been told by Sandman, and new jack, basically Taz been talking ? about RVD all day (I forgot the reason why) so RVD overhears and meets up with taz in the ECW locker room. Anyways RVD tells Taz, "Choose a hand" and Tazz looks confused, so RVD just slaps him across the face, then asks him to choose, one. Taz does nothing so RVD socks him in the mouth. Taz stil refuses to fight back. That was the jist of it. I'm sure Google can tell you the rest.

Basically the locker room's respect for Taz went down and he looked like a ? because of it.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Steve Blackman. Vince shoulda bought UFC when they were cross promoting with Ken Shamrock back in 97. Who remembers this ass whopping on his protege on an exhibition on Raw?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Steve Blackman. Vince shoulda bought UFC when they were cross promoting with Ken Shamrock back in 97. Who remembers this ass whopping on his protege on an exhibition on Raw?

Funny watching that. The crowd wasn't feeling that at all. They didn't know when dude tapped out, the fight was over til ref raised Shamrock's hand. Then they boo'd. lol@Vince saying Ju Jit-so.
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    is it fair for me to think that i could beat vernon white in his prime?

I feel you.
    He's about 3-4 weight classes above me so i would never try him in an MMA match.
    But put a prime White in the ring against me today on either thai, boxing or kickboxing and I'm positive I'd tool him
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    Options