Why AREN'T The 49ers Jumping @ Donovan McNabb...?!?!?!

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
The niners would be a good look for donovan if the niners were to trade for him... they would have a qb with mike crabtree, gore, and vernon.. i'd give up a 2nd rounder for d nabb if i were them... mixed with coach singletary would bring the Niers back as an real squad with their defense and put the bay area back on the map with good talent and a nice draft if they would just man up for d nabb... don't you agree??

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    damn....thats a good question, i aint even think of that
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cuz they some cheap ? ...
  • wescravin
    wescravin Members Posts: 156
    edited March 2010
    Options
    honestly hes not worth it to the niners. (or shouldnt be) u have a group of young guys there and ur gonna bring in a 12 yr pro. his time is windin down. id rather them draft another young qb and keep on buildin.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? da 9erz need sumbody anybody but alex smith sorry azz!!..
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It would make no sense for the Niners to trade for McNabb. First of the Niners offensive line is absolutely horrible, McNabb is an injury prone Quarterback who hasnt lasted an entire season for I don't know how long. Second of all McNabb is a West coast system QB that has played under that system his entire life. If the Niners traded for him he would go to a offensive system under Jimmy Raye that really has no direction is a mixture of a power run game and spread offense. Third the Niners would have to give up at least a 2nd round pick in order to get McNabb the Niners need those picks cause they are about one FS or Pass rusher away from a dominant defense. They also need to adress the Oline with those picks, overall it wouldn't make sense to trade for a QB who chokes on a consistent basis, is injury prone, and only has a few years left in the tank.

Theres no reason to give up a future good player for a quick fix at Quarterback.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cause Alex Smith was halfway decent last year and they have alot invested in him so why bring on another qb w/ a huge contract who may can only give you 2 more good years, plus they gonna have to give up a pick or two.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, but thats probably their reasoning.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    cause Alex Smith was halfway decent last year and they have alot invested in him so why bring on another qb w/ a huge contract who may can only give you 2 more good years, plus they gonna have to give up a pick or two.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, but thats probably their reasoning.

they dont have as much invested in Alex Smith, before last year he agreed to a restructuring of his deal which pays him alil less now but with incentives, so he isnt making #1 overrall pick money anymore
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    on top of that its risky to take on a big contract of mcnabb with the lockout looming
  • msuman
    msuman Confirm Email Posts: 450
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wescravin wrote: »
    honestly hes not worth it to the niners. (or shouldnt be) u have a group of young guys there and ur gonna bring in a 12 yr pro. his time is windin down. id rather them draft another young qb and keep on buildin.

Pretty much McNabb has roughly 2 solid years left in him why give up a 2nd round pick for only 2 years.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think their going to get a QB in the draft. I think Jimmy Calusen would be a good fit for the niners.
  • follow the money
    follow the money Members Posts: 8
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's not so much that the Niners aren't jumping at McNabb, as I don't think the Eagles want to send him to a team that can get to the playoffs. I think a lot of teams are interested but the Eagles wouldn't want him to go somewhere good.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Raiders wanna give up Asoghuma for Mcnabb? I cant spell his name at all.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bad move for the Niners they dont need McNabb they need to give Alex Smith a shot next season, and if he regresses then you can go after a young QB in the draft next year. They have other needs to address and a team as young as they are needs someone for the longhaul I can understand if they were real close to a championship.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    we simply dont need him, nor do we need to draft a young QB...Lets give continuity a shot before we change things up again for the first time in awhile we are going into the offseason knowing who are QB and OC are going to be plus imagine what Crabtree could do with a full offseason to prepare
  • wescravin
    wescravin Members Posts: 156
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Raiders wanna give up Asoghuma for Mcnabb? I cant spell his name at all.

only the raiders would make such a stupid move lol
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    naw they not interested
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    becuase they have a 28 year old silver spoon baby running their franchise who doesnt know ? about ? .
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wescravin wrote: »
    only the raiders would make such a stupid move lol

yea, because keeping a cb making 17 mil a year (whos gonna walk after this season most likely) is way smarter than trading for a QB making LESS... ummm
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The niners money isn't long enough