Jamie Foxx had been cast as lead in Tarantino's "Django Unchained"

Options
stoneface
stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Jamie Foxx is Tarantino’s Django

JL | Jun 23, 2011 | Comments 4

jamie-foxx-e1308820150707-150x150.jpg
As was previously reported, Tarantino has been eyeing several candidates for the role of Django in his movie Django Unchained. Originally, Will Smith was offered the role. However, later it was revealed that Smith might be on the verge of refusing the role. At that point, a few other candidates moved to the forefront of the casting list. Now, it has been confirmed that Will Smith has indeed backed out and the role has been passed to another.

Variety reports that Jamie Foxx has now been given the part in the movie. Foxx will play the role of Django in Tarantino’s Django Unchained. Django is a freed slave who teams with a German bounty hunter in a quest to seek out and free his enslaved wife.

Reports also state that Kerry Washington is one of the actresses being looked at to play the role of Django’s wife Broomhilda.

Filming on Django Unchained is set to begin this fall.

http://www.couchpotatoclub.com/2011/06/jamie-foxx-is-tarantinos-django/

I think he's a good choice. Hes a way better, more talented dramatic actor than comedic actor. I heard that Idris Elba was also being considered at one point. Hopefully this turns out as great as Tarantino's other films.

Comments

• Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited June 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Jamie Foxx is Tarantino’s Django

JL | Jun 23, 2011 | Comments 4

jamie-foxx-e1308820150707-150x150.jpg
    As was previously reported, Tarantino has been eyeing several candidates for the role of Django in his movie Django Unchained. Originally, Will Smith was offered the role. However, later it was revealed that Smith might be on the verge of refusing the role. At that point, a few other candidates moved to the forefront of the casting list. Now, it has been confirmed that Will Smith has indeed backed out and the role has been passed to another.

Variety reports that Jamie Foxx has now been given the part in the movie. Foxx will play the role of Django in Tarantino’s Django Unchained. Django is a freed slave who teams with a German bounty hunter in a quest to seek out and free his enslaved wife.

Reports also state that Kerry Washington is one of the actresses being looked at to play the role of Django’s wife Broomhilda.

Filming on Django Unchained is set to begin this fall.

http://www.couchpotatoclub.com/2011/06/jamie-foxx-is-tarantinos-django/

I think he's a good choice. Hes a way better, more talented dramatic actor than comedic actor. I heard that Idris Elba was also being considered at one point. Hopefully this turns out as great as Tarantino's other films.

Leonardo Dicaprio is up for the villian in this movie... It's not a sealed deal and it was said the only thing that would stop him from doing it is scheduling conflicts with 'The Great Gatsby' film he will begin shooting soon... I hope this happens... Tarantino + Jamie Foxx + Leonardo = Legendary ?
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Also it is being reported that Will Smith passed on the role, which was orginally offered to him, because it wasn't "good for his image"... WTF man, ? is disappointing seems like we'll probably be getting Wild Wild West 2 and Hancock 2 after MIB III comes out next summer since Will is so worried about his image now and not doing good fkn movies
  • stoneface
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    Also it is being reported that Will Smith passed on the role, which was orginally offered to him, because it wasn't "good for his image"... WTF man, ? is disappointing seems like we'll probably be getting Wild Wild West 2 and Hancock 2 after MIB III comes out next summer since Will is so worried about his image now and not doing good fkn movies

smh...but yeah i heard before about Dicaprio possibly being in this but I doubted it. Dope if it happens.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

@ the bolded....wtf? Ok and "the legend of bagger vance" was??? c'mon now.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

He SHOULD do Hancock 2. Let him and Charlize fight Christopher Walkin or somethin.
  • stoneface
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    He SHOULD do Hancock 2. Let him and Charlize fight Christopher Walkin or somethin.
    lol, I hear a prequuel to I am Legend is in development, he might be working on that.