Lebron says he could win scoring title every year if he wanted to

Options
Rated R
Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Score race heating up:
James and Kevin Durant are locked into what has the potential to be one of the tightest scoring title races of all time. James inched ahead of the Oklahoma City star when he scored 38 points Wednesday and Durant managed just 25 in the Thunder's victory. James is at 29.8 points a game and Durant is at 29.7.

Both men have played 70 games and James has just seven more total points, 2,086 to Durant's 2,077. If only they cared about it. Durant has already said he thinks James will win. James says he doesn't care and, if he did, he'd win the scoring race every year.

"If it happens, it happens, it is not important to me at all," said James, who won the scoring title in the 2007-08 season and at 27.8 points a game is currently the active leader in career scoring average.

"Our team is trying to clinch (homecourt advantage) for the whole playoffs and is more important. If I really wanted to, I if really wanted to win the scoring title I could win it every single year," James said. "Every single year, I could really do it. But it doesn't matter to me

So is he for saying that or no cocky

Comments

• Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree. Nothing wrong with being confident either. If he wanted to, he easily could. He's too much of a team player however.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It is being cocky to say that when your in a league with Players like Kobe, Melo and Wade. Wade won it last year with over 30 a game, LB is a great player but saying he could win it every year is too much. Since the Cavs are getting better players to play around him, he shouldn't have to be putting up 30 pts a game just to win.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whoa whoa, slow down brocky bring that title to Cleveland first before we tear your damn picture off that building downtown.... and you punk azz 29.8 is still behind jordan when he was effortlessly doing 30+ per game... the nerve of this guy.... and I'm from Cleveland... so ? you critics...
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cocky sure, but its a fact
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lebron could also win a championship every year

IF he wanted to
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »

IF he wanted to

shots fired?
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he probably can,theres no stoppin lebron,dude raw,he need a ? like shaq and it's over for any team...yall might laugh at me

but i think if they get Kevin Durant on the Cavaliers,It's over for any team
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If Kobe had said that..... Be real Kobe could have averaged 40 a night.. he really didnt get the green light till Shaq left.. sometimes he just didnt obey the traffic lights though :)..I suprised no one is gettin at him because of that.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yeah he is being cocky but everyone knew Lebron is cocky but when you think about it he probably could. Its not like people can actually stop him from scoring. They just try to stay in front of him and hope he misses. But that isn't Lebron's game. Never has been.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Basically he's sayin if he ballhogs like Jordan and Kobe used to than he would win....

[Kurt Angle] Oh it's true! [Kurt Angle]
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? smelling himself but yea he could and so could about 4 more players if they wanted to
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    and so could about 4 more players if they wanted to
    kobe
    carmello
    wade
    durant
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    All I though while watchin that was: This ? a ?
    What have you done to suck your own ? so much???damnnnn
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lmao @ some of these responses. I think it is cocky just because there are players out there who could go on a scoring binge if they cared about scoring only
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    considering the way the league is today and how the rules benefit a player of his size and style.....he is telling the truth....in a cocky way....lol
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »

IF he wanted to

best post in the thread
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Basically he's sayin if he ballhogs like Jordan and Kobe used to than he would win....

[Kurt Angle] Oh it's true! [Kurt Angle]

The ? was a ballhog against the Magic last year. And they still lost, even with the Refs trying to help them
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ion think its that cocky...maybe if it wasnt a fact, i would...
  • luckyme1500
    luckyme1500 Members Posts: 37
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Speaking of IF"S.....IF This was Kobe sayin this...people would want his head on a platter..
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Speaking of IF"S.....IF This was Kobe sayin this...people would want his head on a platter..

If Kobe would have said this like 3 years ago, it would have been true....people just wouldn't have admitted it.
    And LeBron is probably right about this....I don't see it as a big deal at all.
  • da scope
    da scope Members Posts: 43
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he probably can,theres no stoppin lebron,dude raw,he need a ? like shaq and it's over for any team...yall might laugh at me

but i think if they get Kevin Durant on the Cavaliers,It's over for any team

Huh.. You say he probably can, there is no stopping him, dude raw....... then turn around and say he needs Shaq and Durant? I mean if he's so dope, then why does he need so much?

And I know if Kobe was to say something like this, folks would be ready to ? him for it... it would be all over the place, they'd call him all sorts of names and ? , it would never end.... but I guess you only get a pass if you are Lebrick James the NBA's Mascot
  • trailblazer98
    trailblazer98 Members Posts: 76
    edited March 2010
    Options
    da scope wrote: »
    Huh.. You say he probably can, there is no stopping him, dude raw....... then turn around and say he needs Shaq and Durant? I mean if he's so dope, then why does he need so much?

And I know if Kobe was to say something like this, folks would be ready to ? him for it... it would be all over the place, they'd call him all sorts of names and ? , it would never end.... but I guess you only get a pass if you are Lebrick James the NBA's Mascot

dude shoots 50.5 percent this season from the field and he still get called Lebrick.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dude shoots 50.5 percent this season from the field and he still get called Lebrick.

While his shooting has improved alot.. he still is lebrick.. 50.5 largely comes from this drives to the rack.. like i said he has improved his jumper but lets not mistake him for a great mid range player
  • rapstar39
    rapstar39 Members Posts: 521
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    ? smelling himself but yea he could and so could about 4 more players if they wanted to

true ? .....