So ? Marriage is Now Legal In NYC!!!

Options

Comments

• @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Bible condemns ? sex but doesn't even mention ? marriage. So you could have a sexless ? marriage and Jesus would have to be like "Welp, you're clearly ? , but I have to let you into Heaven anyway."

So conceivably, there's a bunch of sexually pent-up ? in Heaven. U mad, Christians?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Bible condemns ? sex but doesn't even mention ? marriage. So you could have a sexless ? marriage and Jesus would have to be like "Welp, you're clearly ? , but I have to let you into Heaven anyway."

So conceivably, there's a bunch of sexually pent-up ? in Heaven. U mad, Christians?
    Word, Jesus would be so peeved.

SMH @ Them protesting the wrong thing.

"Yes, we think being a murderer is bad, but that's not the issue. What we really have a problem with is that these murderers are BUYING CARS."
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? would still be ? if they didnt pass it so not like it changed anything really
  • D.C.
    D.C. Members Posts: 77
    edited June 2011
    Options
    congrats to the homosexuals.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Isn't ? marriage some kind of double negative or something?
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options

But the bible defines marriage. It is a heterosexual union. The bible also condemns homosexuality. So the logic would simply follow that it condemns ? entering into a union that is specifically designed for man and woman
  • fiat_money
    edited June 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    But the bible defines marriage. It is a heterosexual union...
    Does the Christian bible actually say marriage must only be heterosexual? If so, where?
  • NJBeliever
    NJBeliever Members Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Does the Christian bible actually say marriage must only be heterosexual? If so, where?

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore ? hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” (Matthew 19:4-6).

That's right from Jesus Christ. ? made man and woman to get married. Period.

Continuing: 1:24 Wherefore ? also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

1:25 Who changed the truth of ? into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1:26 For this cause ? gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their ? one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (Romans 1).

And that is the New Testament. So there is no question that homosexuality is not just a sin, the Bible calls it "Vile." I am just keeping it Biblical. There's no debate that the Bible is against homosexuality. So the only real question is whether you will humble yourself before ? and follow Him or continue with your own ideas of what is "right" based on what "feels right" to you. I hope and pray you choose the former.
  • fiat_money
    edited June 2011
    Options
    NJBeliever wrote: »
    And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore ? hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” (Matthew 19:4-6).

That's right from Jesus Christ. ? made man and woman to get married. Period...
    But that's merely a verse where Jesus is replying to a question about divorce between a man and his wife, so it makes sense that his response refers to a man and woman being married. What those verses don't say is "Marriage must only be between a man and a woman.".

So there's no actual verse that says "Marriage must only be heterosexual." or something similar?
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But that's merely a verse where Jesus is replying to a question about divorce between a man and his wife, so it makes sense that his response refers to a man and woman being married. What those verses don't say is "Marriage must only be between a man and a woman.".

So there's no actual verse that says "Marriage must only be heterosexual." or something similar?

But it condemns the act of homosexuality so i
    Think it's ok to reason that it would also condemn a homosexual
    Marriage and endorse a heterosexual one
  • fiat_money
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But it condemns the act of homosexuality so i
    Think it's ok to reason that it would also condemn a homosexual
    Marriage and endorse a heterosexual one
    Well, it's been established that the Christian bible condemns homosexual intercourse.

What hasn't been shown, however, is the Christian bible saying "Marriage must only be heterosexual." or something similar; which is what you implied here:
    But the bible defines marriage. It is a heterosexual union...
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Doesn't the bible condemn fornication, and eating shellfish and pork, working on sunday, ? , greed, envy, sloth, gluttony and a host of other tings that are more serious sins than homosexuality.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well, it's been established that the Christian bible condemns homosexual intercourse.

What hasn't been shown, however, is the Christian bible saying "Marriage must only be heterosexual." or something similar; which is what you implied here:

I'm not even 100% on that.

? can marry in NYC? Meh. I guess I advocate the rights of all peoples regardless of race, sexuality or gender. But marriage is already a joke so...if ? think that getting married will make them happier and more acceptable to the general population, I think many of them will be extremely disappointed.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't Noah get down and ? w his son or something?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't Noah get down and ? w his son or something?

I think that was his daughters. They apparently "? " him
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Doesn't the bible condemn fornication, and eating shellfish and pork, working on sunday, ? , greed, envy, sloth, gluttony and a host of other tings that are more serious sins than homosexuality.

nope jesus said that it is not what a man takes in that make him ? or bad it is what he puts out ( his wrong actions) also most of the stuff your talking about is in the torah whic is the the old testament and the old covenant with ? . there are some thing mentioned by paul in his letter to the galations and corinthians but he plainly state that sin is sin and no one sin is greater than the other.

in fact the 7 deadly sins are never mentioned as a list in the bible. they come from interpertation
  • lordhonka2
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I think that was his daughters. They apparently "? " him

your refering to the curse of ham and that has been one of the more libeal translations it only says that he saw his fathers nakedness. what the does that mean who knows.
    in the end it was a justification for a bunch of racist ? by racist jew and christians.
  • lordhonka2
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why cant they just have civil unions if the they have the same rights as citizens but call it civil unions what difference does it make.

why is a marrige defined as between a man and women? because of the gender roles that still exist even thouhg it is not p.c. to talk about them

a husband has a certian role to play in a marrige a husband does husband things. if there are two husband who fulfills the role of the wife the other husband

in my opinion when i get married this sept. it will not be the same thing as two dudes who get married because who is getting married and the roles they play are different
    so by definition you cant call them the same thing.
    you want a civil union fine but dont call it marrige dont call it what my wife and I have cause its not the same.

• GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn the ? have offically taken over New York. Does Mister Cee get a pass now?
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options

true, nowhere does it specify what marriage HAS to be. but there are instructions on how to carry out a Biblical marriage and the roles of both the male and the female. from that, i think its same to believe that a biblical marriage must involve a member of each sex
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

it condemns them all
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited June 2011
    Options
    true, nowhere does it specify what marriage HAS to be. but there are instructions on how to carry out a Biblical marriage and the roles of both the male and the female. from that, i think its same to believe that a biblical marriage must involve a member of each sex

Yet Solomon had multiple wives. Several Biblical kings had multiple wives. And yet they were blessed beyond belief.
    So I guess parts of the Bible are applicable today, parts have changed do to "the times", parts of the Bible need to be looked at in "context" (eye roll) and other parts are literal. Do you not see how someone who is NOT a Christian would look at christians with disdain and disbelief because they can change their Holy book conveniently.

Today, ? people are going to be ? .
    Heterosexuals are still heterosexual.
    Married people are still married.
    ? married people will get married
    Children will still be drinking lemonade and playing in the sprinklers.
    Life goes on....unless you're a rightwing nut job who believes its the end of the world.
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    Yet Solomon had multiple wives. Several Biblical kings had multiple wives. And yet they were blessed beyond belief.
    So I guess parts of the Bible are applicable today, parts have changed do to "the times", parts of the Bible need to be looked at in "context" (eye roll) and other parts are literal. Do you not see how someone who is NOT a Christian would look at christians with disdain and disbelief because they can change their Holy book conveniently.

because something happens in the Bible, doesn't always mean its endorsed by the Bible.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited June 2011
    Options
    because something happens in the Bible, doesn't always mean its endorsed by the Bible.

You realize you just opened up a can of worms right?
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    You realize you just opened up a can of worms right?

only if what i said is misinterpreted