T-Wolves are once again the laughing stock of the league.

Options
Lorenzo de Medici
Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Minnesota Timberwolves 2nd Round Pick Is 26, Not 21

We all saw Bismack Biyombo come out of nowhere to become a lottery pick. Another unknown, Tanguy Ngombo rose from being unknown to becoming the Timberwolves' 2nd round selection.

Ngombo, a forward in the Qatar league, looked like a man amongst boys. The problem is, he was. The Timberwolves thought they were getting a 21 year old unknown phenom from overseas. It turns out Ngombo is 26.

This debacle could cause Minnesota to forfeit their pick. Technically, Ngombo can't be drafted, as players above the age of 22 are automatically free agents. Barring some sort of restriction where Minnesota held the draft rights over Ngombo, the Timberwolves drafted an ineligible player.

How could this happen? It didn't seem like Minnesota had been doing much homework on their draft picks in the past. Now, it seems like a fact. Minnesota wasn't thorough enough in looking into this "hidden gem".

Then again, neither was the NBA. It would be hypocritical for the league to punish Minnesota, as they too had Ngombo listed as being 21.

It's sort of like a little league pitcher who is 15, but plays with kids three years younger. In Ngombo's case the punishment needs to lie with him. He provided false information to the league for capital gain. At this point, his future with the NBA is as ambiguous as it was a few months ago, before anyone knew his name.

-Kyle Vassalo

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/744960-2011-nba-draft-results-grades-reaction-for-each-pick/entry/101315-nba-draft-timberwolves-fooled-by-tanguy-ngombos-fake-id

For real man? For real? ? couldn't google?

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ol Danny almonte ass
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Forget the fact that both of their picks were dumb already....one doesn't even count
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited June 2011
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    ol Danny almonte ass

lmaooo i forgot about that ?
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    might as well spell timberwoLves like this
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

rofl @ that ? on espn radio
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    real talk, its all good....this ? doesnt really matter at all.

It was a throwaway pick, they have 1000 young guys, they didnt need to figure out a roster spot for another guy that wasnt gonna contribute anyway. Also, if he fooled the Twolves he fooled the NBA also because they shouldnt have allowed the Twolves to draft him.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    real talk, its all good....this ? doesnt really matter at all.

It was a throwaway pick, they have 1000 young guys, they didnt need to figure out a roster spot for another guy that wasnt gonna contribute anyway. Also, if he fooled the Twolves he fooled the NBA also because they shouldnt have allowed the Twolves to draft him.

as an isolated event, I'd agree.

but the entire body of work? Fam.....
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    as an isolated event, I'd agree.

but the entire body of work? Fam.....

no way would I sit here and ever defend Kahn after taking Flynn ( who I think can salvage his career elsewhere, he's only like 23) over Steph Curry who I knew was a star in the making from the beginning. But since we're talkin bout this isolated incident, its a non-factor.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I hate NBA and MLB teams like the T-Wolves for basically the same reason I hate teams like the Lakers and Yankees.

It's like they purposely sabotage themselves so that other franchises can win, lol. ? is disgusting. It's like they're comfortable with being glorified "farm teams" for higher profile teams.

Stern looking for a team to get rid of, huh? Aight...

new_logo_primary_292.jpg

Do what u gotta do, Stern.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Now the NBA just needs to expose Greg Oden's real age..that ? at least 45
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    when were they not the laughing stock of the league? safe to say toronto, leaveland, minny, and clippers typically upgraded d-league teams where good players wasted their best years. Vince/bosh, Lebron, KG, Elton Brand...etc.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Now the NBA just needs to expose Greg Oden's real age..that ? at least 45

Hell yeah, that ? look like somebody's grandfather lol
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ROFL bruh........Lmao crying off this ? .....hilarious..