**NFL surprises 2011** Who'll surprise, disappoint?

Options
greenwood1921
greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
....Teams and/ or players.

'Cause let's be real, fans and the media fall for the same okey-doke year after year thinking the next season will always be a carbon-copy of the previous year, but by Week 5 we all lookin' at the league like....

shocked1.jpg

Here's some of mine....

**CAUTION** Homotions may run high past this point. So if your emotions are sub-female, please look away...

- BETTER THAN YOU THINK...

- Arizona Cardinals -- They still have some pieces of that Super Bowl team and all they really need is consistency at the QB and RB position and they may steal 8-10 ball games this year.

- Jake Locker - With CJ in the backfield, Locker won't have to be perfect to do well. He's athletic and can make plays out of the pocket. I expect Tenn to be a top 5-10 team RUSHING and sneak about 3 or 4 wins that they shouldn't win.

- WORSE THAN YOU THINK...

- Philadelphia Eagles -

"Wuuut??? How could this be???" First off, unravel your panties (nh). I ain't saying they'll win 4 or 5 games. But let's not forget that this team was basically looking at a rebuilding year in 2010 until MV7 D-bo'd the starting spot and made his team 5 times better than they were in typical Vick fashion -- as a Falcon fan, I know this magic trick VERY WELL.

Fact is, Vick is Superman when it comes to skill, but he's Mr. Glass when it comes to injuries sometimes. He's going to miss at least 2 games this year. McCoy had a great year, but if he proves to be a one-season wonder (like so many NFL RB's) the Eagles running game is toast. D-Jax is also fragile and prone to disappear in certain games.

My point is this -- A potential mix of injuries, questionable holes on defense and the O-line (pun intended, lol) could sink their season. And before any Eagles fans have a stroke and accuse me of hating, go back and find the Eagles most successful season in the last 10 years -- and THEN look at what happened the following year.

Ain't ? guaranteed. My "record predictions" from a couple months ago proves that I expect the Eagles to win 10-11 games and win the NFCe, but what's "expected" is always suspect in the NFL -- Thus the point of this thread.

- JULIO JONES -

- Ahhhh. Feel kinda stupid now, huh? Now like I said, stop flooding your ? and pay attention.

Julio WILL be a force in the NFL. But the lack of a full pre-season of REAL work-outs and possible hold-outs, I don't expect ANY ROOKIE to put up pro-bowl numbers this year.

What Julio WILL do for the Falcons is keep defenses honest, force 1-on-1's on Roddy White and Gonzo (something they haven't seen since their first couple of years in the league.) And open things up for the running game and other speed receivers like Harry Douglas and pro-bowl returner Eric Weems.

Julio may only snatch about 50-60 recs and about 700-800 yards while the other receivers and backs will (and Matt Ryan) will put up career numbers.

MORE TO COME, FEEL FREE TO ADD....

(and explain your picks -- no Dry hating)

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Surprise: Texans
    Disappointment: Texans
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    suprise-since i have to be forced to watch their games...if the Texans get anything close to an NFL defense...i think they suprise

disappoint-actually the Packers.....and b4 u ? go dickidin....the Pack was 8-6 and if it werent for a Giants meltdown against the Eagles they get in the playoffs and GB sittin at home...so all the love affair wit Aaron Rogers is null and void....and 4 u ? to say injuries...every team has em and every team comes back healthy and ? get hurt again...its football
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options

lol @ the comedy and accuracy of that post.

'Cause they might look like the best team in the league for about 8 games.

....and the worst team in about 8 games.

^^^^ Typical Texans season. lol. Nah, but I see'em gettin' over the ? a bit this year. 9-11 wins.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    edited June 2011
    Options

every year in july the gonna suprise and by novemebr ? already planning vacations......spoken like a ? who hears it like i do out chere
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    suprise-since i have to be forced to watch their games...if the Texans get anything close to an NFL defense...i think they suprise

disappoint-actually the Packers.....and b4 u ? go dickidin....the Pack was 8-6 and if it werent for a Giants meltdown against the Eagles they get in the playoffs and GB sittin at home...so all the love affair wit Aaron Rogers is null and void....and 4 u ? to say injuries...every team has em and every team comes back healthy and ? get hurt again...its football

Definitely co-sign the Packers. Their season last year proves that it's all about who is hot come december/january. All you have to do is look at their two games against the Falcons. They were less than two months apart but with two totally different outcomes. We controlled the first game start to finish and we all know what happened in the second game.

Plus, the Packers being one of the only playoff teams to not hold organized workouts is NOT a good look. I sense someone is smelling themselves a bit much.
  • HustleThaDon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol @ the comedy and accuracy of that post.

'Cause they might look like the best team in the league for about 8 games.

....and the worst team in about 8 games.

^^^^ Typical Texans season. lol. Nah, but I see'em gettin' over the ? a bit this year. 9-11 wins.
    every year in july the gonna suprise and by novemebr ? already planning vacations......spoken like a ? who hears it like i do out chere

See yall know what I mean lol. I think we just need to learn how to finish games. We had 5 games last year were we were either tied or leading in the 4th quarter and we lost em all.
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    See yall know what I mean lol. I think we just need to learn how to finish games. We had 5 games last year were we were either tied or leading in the 4th quarter and we lost em all.

Werd. Something's gotta give with the Texans. No excuses this year. Kubiak ain't on a hot-seat, that ? is sittin' indian style on the surface of the sun. So he'll either choke or come up big. He's from the Dan Reeves school of coaching (along with Wade Phillips) so you never know with them.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    edited June 2011
    Options

Jets,Eagles,had a chance against the Ravens thats the games the come to me and they all good teams
  • HustleThaDon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jets,Eagles,had a chance against the Ravens thats the games the come to me and they all good teams

the jags hailmary game and the chargers game were the other two. We did beat the redskins and the cheifs tho lol.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Werd. Something's gotta give with the Texans. No excuses this year. Kubiak ain't on a hot-seat, that ? is sittin' indian style on the surface of the sun. So he'll either choke or come up big. He's from the Dan Reeves school of coaching (along with Wade Phillips) so you never know with them.

problem twit the texans is the either like good guys or want people from texas.......look at they team its all good guys...and the 1 dude who stood up and was outspoken...daunte robinson got shipped out
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    More...

BETTER THAN YOU THINK

- MINNESOTA VIKINGS -

When you have talented receivers, huge O-line, a solid/talented Defense and the BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE GAME -- You're always a threat to win double-digit games. Period. If they can get a QB that just doesn't turn the ball over, and can convert a few 3rd downs, they could be back to playing in late January.

- 49ERS -

They've been slowly-but surely adding good young talent and at some point it will translate to W's. Once again -- just another team on the cusp that needs decent play at the QB position.

WORSE THAN YOU THINK

- TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS -

The league has a full year of Freeman on film, their cheap owners won't do much in free agency, and they have off the field issues with their best young defensive player. Not to mention that they play in a division with not one but two Super Bowl contenders. They won't win double-digit games this year. Trust me.

- Nnamdi AWESOME-WA -

He may go to a "winner" and he may "win". But playing on a bigger stage with more nationally televised games, fans will start to SEE him more than READ about him, and when that happens, a player's flaws become more apparent. He's a top 3 DB in the league, but don't be surprised when he gets burned on Monday Night Football and they show him on the sideline like...

gyi0062635162.jpg

He'll have another typical, low stat, pro-bowl year tho. But his "untouchable" myth will be de-bunked.
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    problem twit the texans is the either like good guys or want people from texas.......look at they team its all good guys...and the 1 dude who stood up and was outspoken...daunte robinson got shipped out

Sounds like the Pre-Arthur Blank falcons. All of the coaches had some connection to Georgia or the South, and they just made sure they had at least one "ticket-seller" player on the roster at all times. ? winning.

My early prediction for the Texans 2012 head coach (if Kubes is fired) is this guy...

l4907987.jpg

Falcons O-coordinator, Mike Mularkey. Former head coach (Bills) and I GUARANTEE he will not be the Falcon's OC after this year. 'Cause with the talent he has to work with this year, he'll either make our offense a top-5 force (as they should be) and become one of the hottest HC candidates or he'll get fired.

But if he gets fired, I don't know or care where he ends up.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Disappoint- Cowboys

Reason:Their the Cowboys

All the Cowboy fans I know just assume Romo coming back healthy means some SB crusade..I got them going 8-8 or 9-7 missing the playoffs again.

Surprise- Matthew Stafford I think that he'll finally be healthy this season which in turn will lead to the Lions sneaking into the playoffs.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Texans will never win until they get rid of their loser head coach and that Facts.

Teams that surprise: I feel the Giants, Chief and ? have big years
    Teams that dissappoint: The cowboys, chargers, and Bucs
  • HustleThaDon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kubiak makes bad coaching choices. Hiring his old teammates from the Broncos is about to get his ass fired
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kubiak makes bad coaching choices. Hiring his old teammates from the Broncos is about to get his ass fired

Well, look on the bright side. At some point Steve Atwater will be your defensive coordinator. lol.

That Dan Reeves coaching tree is a ? .
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the bdb wrote: »
    disappoint- cowboys

reason:their the cowboys

all the cowboy fans i know just assume romo coming back healthy means some sb crusade..i got them going 8-8 or 9-7 missing the playoffs again.

Surprise- matthew stafford i think that he'll finally be healthy this season which in turn will lead to the lions sneaking into the playoffs.
    allied wrote: »
    the texans will never win until they get rid of their loser head coach and that facts.

Teams that surprise: I feel the giants, chief and ? have big years
    teams that dissappoint: The cowboys, chargers, and bucs

damn why the cowboys always get brought up ? need to talk about something esle. Cowboys always on ? mine huh
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    damn why the cowboys always get brought up ? need to talk about something esle. Cowboys always on ? mine huh

Werd. ? sleepin' on the Cowboys this year like...

8994506-large.jpg
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Lmao well damn
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

smh.........
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    smh.........

lol.

? ' public school teachers. Always talkin' bout "sound it out". Worst school advice ever. lol
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh.........

Lol

Thought I was the only one to catch that
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh.........
    lol.

? ' public school teachers. Always talkin' bout "sound it out". Worst school advice ever. lol

thats the funniest school advice ever, sittin in class watching high school ? sound out chemistry when they spell it "k...e...m..i...s...s...t....r...e..e"

and thats some real ? a ? said in my class smh
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol.

cj012890 wrote: »
    Lol

Thought I was the only one to catch that
    peagle05 wrote: »
    thats the funniest school advice ever, sittin in class watching high school ? sound out chemistry when they spell it "k...e...m..i...s...s...t....r...e..e"

and thats some real ? a ? said in my class smh

a mine is a terrible thing to waste
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    a mine is a terrible thing to waste

0.jpg

"I got mine control over Deebo. He be like 'shut the ? up'. I be quiet. But when he leave, I'll be talkin' again."