So are we gonna act like the Pirates didnt take 2 of 3 from the sawx??

Options
dbrazil412
dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
yeah probably. lol but i mean thats impressive right? it was a great 3-game series (i went saturday night) and it was sold out each day. lotta sox fans but still great to see that kinda atmosphere at pnc for once

i also would like to say that the bucs are playing the best baseball i have seen in a while even though they are a game or so above .500. pitching is better, hitting is inconsistant, but guys like mccutcheon and neil walker are keeping it together

another thing is to say that the pirates actually have a couple all-star caliber players for once too. the guys i just mention are having good seasons..and our closer harnahan is perfect i believe in save chances.

obviously i'm not gonna get ahead of myself, but this is a good sign towards the future...IF we keep our top guys and build around them through our farm system and a veteran free agent or 2

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The sox are almost under .500 with teams with low salaries. So this is a non issue unless it happens after the All Star Break!
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    yeah probably. lol but i mean thats impressive right? it was a great 3-game series (i went saturday night) and it was sold out each day. lotta sox fans but still great to see that kinda atmosphere at pnc for once

i also would like to say that the bucs are playing the best baseball i have seen in a while even though they are a game or so above .500. pitching is better, hitting is inconsistant, but guys like mccutcheon and neil walker are keeping it together

another thing is to say that the pirates actually have a couple all-star caliber players for once too. the guys i just mention are having good seasons..and our closer harnahan is perfect i believe in save chances.

obviously i'm not gonna get ahead of myself, but this is a good sign towards the future...IF we keep our top guys and build around them through our farm system and a veteran free agent or 2

I was just about to come in here and say there were a .500 ball club.