Love him or Hate him... T.O. is the 2nd greatest WR all time!

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
The media couldn't wait for T.O. to blow his knee, lol smh... I will admit that Owens is my favorite player since San Fran days but without being to bias, Terrell Owens has probably had one of the more impactful careers as a WR.. He is the prodigy of Jerry Rice and his numbers are right there with his.. If he would've shut a lil more often he would of been more greater receiver but u can't say the dude was lying or bs'n he always kept it 100 lol.. He played while injured numerous times especially his first year in Philly after breaking his leg and almost willed the eagles to the ship going for almost 10 catches and over 100 yards on a broke foot... he is probably one of the more underappreciated player in sports because of his hard work ethic that he brings to the offseason and always being a hardworker on the practice field and game field.. goes down the middle for a tough grab, get physical wit you at the line of scrimmage and burn you for the big 75 yard TD and a highlight must see celebration..

Though he is ringless, you can't say he hasn't worked his tail off to help his team get a chance... T.O. after Jerry Rice is the most elite WR in football period

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No.........

I'm looking forward to reading more of these.. Fuqoff
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    T.O. has always been one of my favorite receivers.
    I don't care what people say, T.O. is one of the greatest.
    Last year he had a nice year but, it was over shadowed by the Bengals bad record.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cris Carter said he isnt even top 10 all time and I agree with him
  • south4life
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cris Carter ain't even Top 10, so he can shut his hating ass up.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited June 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    T.O. has always been one of my favorite receivers.
    I don't care what people say, T.O. is one of the greatest.
    Last year he had a nice year but, it was over shadowed by the Bengals bad record.

The Man was the only productive light on The Bengals last year, Carson was terribly... if not for that injury would've had another 1000 yard 10 td season like always... most consistent player at his position since you know who
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cris Carter ain't even Top 10, so he can shut his hating ass up.

If so, people would agree or at least can agrue he's better than T.O. in most areas
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    saying he is not top 10 in ? . TO in 2nd alltime in tds amd 2nd all time in yards.enough said. white folk love to try and down play great players if they are not do boys or have baggage. Carter is a hypocrite cuz he was a diva as well. Rice, TO,Moss, Carter,Tim Brown
  • aneed123
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If so, people would agree or at least can agrue he's better than T.O. in most areas

only thing he is better than TO is hands and maybe route running. TO is bigger faster, more explosive, a better blocker
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Chris Carter is a ? .
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He is top 5 period. Skip was talking reckless on 1st take trying to say he aint a hof because he destroys teams lol, what a gimmick he is smh.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Chris Carter is a hater. TO is 3rd all time to me. Jerry and Michael are ahead
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    T.O. ? on Cris Carter LMAO. Cris Carter funny. Someone show that ? the amount of touchdowns T.O. has. And i cosign this thread btw
  • south4life
    edited June 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    saying he is not top 10 in ? . TO in 2nd alltime in tds amd 2nd all time in yards.enough said. white folk love to try and down play great players if they are not do boys or have baggage. Carter is a hypocrite cuz he was a diva as well. Rice, TO,Moss, Carter,Tim Brown

Exactly, Carter was acting like a ? when Randy Moss was out shining his ass in Minnesota.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    He is top 5 period. Skip was talking reckless on 1st take trying to say he aint a hof because he destroys teams lol, what a gimmick he is smh.

How could he say that when actually T.O. has made almost every team he played for better.. Terrell has actually never done anything wrong for all the pub he has gotten, even still til this day.. I don't know any other wideout who's career can even stack up to his besides Jerry Rice or maybe Michael Irvin but U can't knock his hustle he has been ready to play ever Sunday he was in the lineup.. Give him his due... no ? but prob if he was quiet like Marvin H he would be iconic but I guess not to most haters out there
  • aneed123
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Exactly, Carter was acting like a ? when Randy Moss was out shining his ass in Minnesota.

Carter used to be ignorant. Philly and the NFL was bout to turn him off cuz of his attitude but now he is all high and mighty smh

TO is 2 all time yards 5 all time catches, 2nd alltime tds in the history of the NFLyet he isnt a ist ballot hall of famer or top 10? ? ass hate
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited June 2011
    Options
    T.O. ? on Cris Carter LMAO. Cris Carter funny. Someone show that ? the amount of touchdowns T.O. has. And i cosign this thread btw

Good lookin bro
  • aneed123
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it trips me out how other wrs who were divas hate on TO. Meshawn did and now Carter like folks just forget hao they acted..... one wrote a book throw me the damn ball and was ignant and the other damn near was thrown out the league and was ignant..... but they try and hate on a guy with better stats than them? its funny to me
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This ? T.O. is a first ballot HOF, if they ? him over I mite careless for the BS hall and whatever the ? stands for
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    T.O. is the 2nd greatest WR of all time

just look at the stats.

everybody knows that is jerry rice is the GOAT WR.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »

Top 5, top 10 at the least. Only thing keeping him from top 2 is his attitude which has LITERALLY hurt every team he's played for. It's like a great player that fumbles alot (Moon, Peterson, Roger Craig, etc.) No matter how good their stats are, you have to figure the ways that they hurt their squads. T.O. was a big reason Philly fell on their face the year after that super bowl season.

Plus his hands are average at best. Seems like 70% of his catches were "body catches" which is the worst way to catch the ball. And he had a lot of crucial drops because of it. But his stats, work ethic, and overall size and skill is top 5 easy.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    T.O. is the 2nd greatest WR of all time

just look at the stats.

everybody knows that is jerry rice is the GOAT WR.

This and he's far better than Chris Carter so his opinion is invalid
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • aneed123
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Top 5, top 10 at the least. Only thing keeping him from top 2 is his attitude which has LITERALLY hurt every team he's played for. It's like a great player that fumbles alot (Moon, Peterson, Roger Craig, etc.) No matter how good their stats are, you have to figure the ways that they hurt their squads. T.O. was a big reason Philly fell on their face the year after that super bowl season.

Plus his hands are average at best. Seems like 70% of his catches were "body catches" which is the worst way to catch the ball. And he had a lot of crucial drops because of it. But his stats, work ethic, and overall size and skill is top 5 easy.

who would u put above him? guys with lesser stats? or other guys who had off field issues but are liked better? With TO its nitpicking. Hell Harrison shot folk, Irvin was a coke head, I really didnt see TO hurt his squad. He beat my Giants in that great come from behind playoff game with San Fran. He played on a broke leg while Mcnabb and the coach was ? up in the 2 minute drill. u could argue dallas with the Romo incident about him lookin for Witten all the time but they were not better without him and Romo choked a lot. TO bring s alot of the criticism on himself and is a easy scapegoat ..... but to say he body catches so Ima take him down a lil is crazy
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

The fact that he was still the best despite these things speaks to his greatness and Philly was dicking him but that was their way and he was supposed to be aware of that before signing.He dropped passes but the plays he made more than made up for it. Every great player had weaknesses, his were just more exploited because of how he acted.

s/n: Its crazy because T.O. was what America loves yet what they hate.He came from a small town, small school, overcame adversity and worked to become the best yet he was too loud and too confident. Guess skin color was the determining factor.