Why does Tony Parker always get overlooked

Options
ImSoReal
ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
compared to other PG Rose, Williams, Paul, Rondo

I mean he has been in the league for 10 years, and every year he has improved, especially on his mid range jumper, when he first came into the league he couldnt win for ? . He won the Finals MVP in 2007 and has 3 rings. is it because he plays for the spurs, is it because he plays with Duncan, is it because he is French

Im not trying to be a homer, but I would rather have Parker over Rondo and Rose, but would def. pick Williams and Paul before Parker. parker is never mentioned in the top 5, straight scust

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not that good of a passer but he is fast as ?
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Because his chin has an ? in it...
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Explain why you would pick Parker before Rose.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    because the Big Fundamentals and Manu Flashy Ginobli overshadows him
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    because the Big Fundamentals and Manu Flashy Ginobli overshadows him

basically. I thought it was funny when i heard they we're dangling him for a lottery pick outside the top 5. Like they really thought they were gonna find a tony parker type of talent in the lottery in this draft! Dude isn't a great defender or passer, but he gets to the hoop @ will and his mid-range jumper is money off the pick & roll. I think by default he's the first to go if they do trade someone because ginobili is the man now and you can't trade duncan after he's been so great to your franchise. I do think parker is slept on though, not a lot but more than he should be. I'm not a spurs fan by the way so I'm definitely not a homer...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Because his chin has an ? in it...

because he ? barry's wife
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i always said tony was>>>manu and an underrated player but nobody likes the spurs and like dude said, manu is more fun to watch so he gets overlooked. ? him though
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Market in which he plays in, and he's not a good consistent shooter.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Funny part is, I remember the year after the rumors of the Spurs pursuing Jason Kidd over him, Parker went off. Like, "I helped get you ? a ring, and I still got no respect? Ok. I'm reloaded!"

Might've been the year he got Finals MVP.

And he's still mentioned as trade bait. Unreal.
  • ImSoReal
    edited June 2011
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    Funny part is, I remember the year after the rumors of the Spurs pursuing Jason Kidd over him, Parker went off. Like, "I helped get you ? a ring, and I still got no respect? Ok. I'm reloaded!"

Might've been the year he got Finals MVP.

And he's still mentioned as trade bait. Unreal.

Get your facts straight, after their 2003 championship the spurs went after Kidd, he didn't win finals mvp until 2007 when the spurs swept that ? Lebron
  • ImSoReal
    edited June 2011
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    The Market in which he plays in, and he's not a good consistent shooter.

Rose isnt a consistent shooter either, but you lames stay on his ?
  • The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It is all about the market he plays in, and also the brand of basketball the Spurs play which most people find boring

With that being said the league won't overlook him Tony and Manu are both going to the Hall along with Pop and the Big fun

On a side note it is funny to me how people talk about the new big 3's like these guys were not a big three already that won multi