Boxing: andre dirrell

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
who's watching tonight...??

i'm not going to be responsible for getting the boxing public of the community popping,

but

i am curious to who's watching tonight?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I watch everything..

Tua is fighting.. Morales is fighting Gamboa is fighting and a few more heads.. Need links hit a playa up.. Got better links.. Hit a playa up.. Need the Dl.. hit a playa up..

They on that ? puttin on the cards at same exact damn time.
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I watch everything..

Tua is fighting.. Morales is fighting Gamboa is fighting and a few more heads.. Need links hit a playa up.. Got better links.. Hit a playa up.. Need the Dl.. hit a playa up..

They on that ? puttin on the cards at same exact damn time.

i'm a pretty heavy boxning fan.. that's how i got accustomed with message fourms..

i started on espn boxing forum... then i went to this site boxinghideout.com where i have damn near 20,000 posts... joined a site calle the 13th round... and now i'm on here.. but yea... i gets it in with boxing.. i want dirrell to win bad as ? ...

but abraham might give him the bizz
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You streaming or u got links.. yeah i lurk in a few forums just for the vids.. This could be a toss up.. cant put ? vs Abraham.. ? got a ham head
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    post a stream link , I only got hbo
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Check your pm

PM me a Link?
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dirrell is a slick and crafty fighter, his back is against the wall so I expect him to come out and fight hard. But, Abraham aint no ? either, he hits hard with both hands. My problem with him is he is too stationary. I think Dirrell's athleticism will be the key to this fight. If he boxes and stays on the outside, Dirrell will have no problem. I got Dirrell by split decision.
  • blackgotty
    blackgotty Members Posts: 345
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what a sorry ass fight
    he did his thing but he went hollywood during the 11th round..
  • adorable thughighnes
    adorable thughighnes Members Posts: 1,788 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    blackgotty wrote: »
    what a sorry ass fight
    he did his thing but he went hollywood during the 11th round..

lol word, he did get hit though so it was legit, but he put it on too thick.
  • txboi_09
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Abraham is a straight ? . No excuse for taking that cheap shot when Direll was down, and then to say that he was just acting is even more of a ? move. Direll didn't even know where he was he thought he had lost the fight. Dude looked like a total ? the way he was unable to deal with the adversity and took the easy way out of that fight.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    did you say that hit was legit......ok dont ever talk about boxing again
  • txboi_09
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    did you say that hit was legit......ok dont ever talk about boxing again

Who me? Hell no that hit wasn't legit Im saying Abraham is a ? for throwing that punch when Dirrell was clearly down already. Im just worried that the damage to dirrell is severe enough to where it will have an affect on his next match.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok....i take it back...i miss understood.......
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    perfect example.....A slick boxer will always beat a glorified slugger
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the main debate on the boxing fourms is that dirrel wouldn't have survived anyway, cuz he was slowing down n what not...

i ds agree... if andre is good at anything.. it's ? running...

dude had that fight
  • themadlionsfan
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    the main debate on the boxing fourms is that dirrel wouldn't have survived anyway, cuz he was slowing down n what not...

i ds agree... if andre is good at anything.. it's ? running...

dude had that fight

slowing down?.....if even he was slowing down he was still dominating that fight....Abraham simply couldn't lay hands on him dude was too athletic....I said about a week ago dude would outbox Abraham easily.......and all had to do was sidestep for another 1 1/2 rounds which dude is superior at
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dirrell owned that fight. He showed a lot of skill and toughness that whole fight. I didn't see him slow down at anytime. The only time he was in real trouble was when He went to the ropes and allowed Abraham to throw punches. He was well on his way to an easy victory until Abraham found an easy way out. He got taken out of the fight mentally and physically and that sucker punch was his way of getting out of the fight. The bad part about it is even though Dirrell won, how will he come back from that hit? It was a vicious hit and his next fight is against Ward later this year. Hopefully he doesn't have to drop out of the tournament. Abraham should be suspended for that punk ? he pulled.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can't believe there are people out there that said Dirrel faked it....
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i'm a pretty heavy boxning fan.. that's how i got accustomed with message fourms..

i started on espn boxing forum... then i went to this site boxinghideout.com where i have damn near 20,000 posts... joined a site calle the 13th round... and now i'm on here.. but yea... i gets it in with boxing.. i want dirrell to win bad as ? ...

but abraham might give him the bizz
    I post on boxingscene.com forum :tu Dirrell cleary had a delayed reaction to getting punched square on the chin.. smh @ folks saying he faked it. Gamboa didn't look to good though. Maidana got the KO from a shot to the sloar plexis of Cayo... smh @ Amir Khan not fighting his mandatory (Maidana) 'cause he is afraid of getting that chin checked again lol
  • themadlionsfan
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it is dudes right now callin dirrel a ? and that AA was comin on strong.....how is that so when he landed one jab in the round?....just a bunch of undercover racists...thas all....anybody who knows boxing knows that dirrel gave him a boxing lesson
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it is dudes right now callin dirrel a ? and that AA was comin on strong.....how is that so when he landed one jab in the round?....just a bunch of undercover racists...thas all....anybody who knows boxing knows that dirrel gave him a boxing lesson

Pulling out the race card for everything and anything you can think of is weak. You act like he's a fearless warrior in the ring. LOL that ? had on his Usain Bolt shoes against Carl Froch.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Pulling out the race card for everything and anything you can think of is weak. You act like he's a fearless warrior in the ring. LOL that ? had on his Usain Bolt shoes against Carl Froch.

actually....I don't pull out the race card for any and everything.....but when a fighter is called a ? and faker for gettin knocked out while on his knees defenseless....something is wrong with that.....and as far his showing against Froch.....you are correct but against AA who was supposed be the most feared man in the divsion....got a boxing lesson for 11 rounds,....even the unofficial german scorecard had him up 97 -93....you know nothing of what u speak of.....and as a matter of fact...go look at the board and tell me the vibe you get.....
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    actually....I don't pull out the race card for any and everything.....but when a fighter is called a ? and faker for gettin knocked out while on his knees defenseless....something is wrong with that.....and as far his showing against Froch.....you are correct but against AA who was supposed be the most feared man in the divsion....got a boxing lesson for 11 rounds,....even the unofficial german scorecard had him up 97 -93....you know nothing of what u speak of.....and as a matter of fact...go look at the board and tell me the vibe you get.....

Whenever a boxing match ends in controversy whether by a BS decision (by the way Courtney Burton/Emanuel Augustus was the worst ever) or by DQ there is going to be shittalking by both camps regardless of ethnicity. Burn the race card, calling everybody racist all that does is set everybody back, just look at Morgan Freeman ? said f*ck Black History Month because focusing on individual race just strenghtens the problem.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    AA gives up to many early rounds banking on that he will get the knockout later, after AD knocked him down it was a wrap. AA had that defeated look on his face in between rounds and couldn't figure out to get his shots off
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dirrell whooped his ass but he better fix a lot of holes in his syle now before them reflexes aint as good and he slow down a bit(pulling straight back wth hands down). its the reason he got caught in the tenth but i wont say nothing about that knockdown being counted because then you gotta talk about Dirrell knocking him down in the 6th and the fact that the ringside doctor stopped action for a minute and was actually working on Abraham cut (WTF was that)