YMCMB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Good Music

Options

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shenco you would be the one to post some Toonami ? ...

Lol.....................

Toonami is classic...
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    reboot was my ? tho
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    When the guys in that other thread were saying that Good Music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YMCMB you know damn well cats was talking skill-wise
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you can say all of that but look at how long YMCMB has been here
    you really think Good Music is gon be around for 20 years?
    ? built that ? from the ground up
    they didn't go out and sign ? who already had names and fanbases
    they're ceo wasn't already a mega star under somebody else's label
    they didn't have a blueprint to follow, they made the blueprint
    no footsteps to follow in, no "big brother"
    ? is grassroots

I don't give two ? how long they have been around, trash music is trash music. Long John Silvers been around forever, it doesn't make the ? quality! lol

Yes Kanye will be around in 20 years, so will John Legend, so will COmmon,etc because they are good artist (not just hot for now gimmicks). Drake is the only ? on YMCMB with some staying power to me, because he is a good song writer and less gimmicky than Wayne and Nicki.

LOL at had no blueprint, how old are you ? , 12? They had No Limit footprints to follow, had Deathrow, Def Jam, Bad Boy,etc. As for their artist Wayne and Drake are Jay-z children, Nicki is Lil Kims child, Baby is a fake Suge Knight,etc.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    When the guys in that other thread were saying that Good Music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YMCMB you know damn well cats was talking skill-wise

i don't know, b
    ? was all giddy cuz a couple Good Music artists won some awards
    even said ross had to be mad cuz he did all them performances and ain't win ?
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I don't give two ? how long they have been around, trash music is trash music. Long John Silvers been around forever, it doesn't make the ? quality! lol

Yes Kanye will be around in 20 years, so will John Legend, so will COmmon,etc because they are good artist (not just hot for now gimmicks). Drake is the only ? on YMCMB with some staying power to me, because he is a good song writer and less gimmicky than Wayne and Nicki.

LOL at had no blueprint, how old are you ? , 12? They had No Limit footprints to follow, had Deathrow, Def Jam, Bad Boy,etc. As for their artist Wayne and Drake are Jay-z children, Nicki is Lil Kims child, Baby is a fake Suge Knight,etc.

really
    how you follow in the footsteps of a label that you've been in the game longer than
    bad boy is defunct, death row is defunct, no limit is defunct
    dej jam's main priority is rihanna
    i don't give a ? what you don't give a ? about
    never did i once say YMCMB made the better music
    but they do the most
    been around the longest
    and have sold the most
    therefore YMCMB>>>>>>>>>>>>G.O.O.D.
    not musically, not talent wise
    but label wise
    and LOL @ you saying what will be going on in 20 years compared to what really has been going on for 20 years
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

u stay contradicting yourself tho...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    really
    how you follow in the footsteps of a label that you've been in the game longer than
    bad boy is defunct, death row is defunct, no limit is defunct
    dej jam's main priority is rihanna
    i don't give a ? what you don't give a ? about
    never did i once say YMCMB made the better music
    but they do the most
    been around the longest
    and have sold the most
    therefore YMCMB>>>>>>>>>>>>G.O.O.D.
    not musically, not talent wise
    but label wise
    and LOL @ you saying what will be going on in 20 years compared to what really has been going on for 20 years

? , blueprint means you take what came BEFORE you and build on it, not who you have a longer run than and for all your talk Death Row, Badboy, and No Limit has outsold YMCMB by a ? lot of records and all have put out better quality music. YMCMB is the worst label when it comes to having a run and putting out classic albums!

Your only leg you have to argue on is, YMCMB is still around, you can't argue on their body of work and quality. Plus lets not act like YMCMB wasn't one Lil Wayne Def Jam contract from collapsing on itself.

How do they do the most, when they don't sell more albums than other labels, they are hot now but it hasn't translated in better sales or albums.

If we are being honest, Def Jam legacy is longer and better, they still put out ? . Badboy might be on it's last leg, but they they still have a richer history than YMCMB,etc.
  • Mellow Hype
    Mellow Hype Members Posts: 916
    edited June 2011
    Options
    c/s this.
    This is a no brainer. On Wayne alone YM got it.
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Duh ? Wayne Run ? all alone and if u put that with ym its over with for the rest so yeah ymcmb>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? , blueprint means you take what came BEFORE you and build on it, not who you have a longer run than and for all your talk Death Row, Badboy, and No Limit has outsold YMCMB by a ? lot of records and all have put out better quality music. YMCMB is the worst label when it comes to having a run and putting out classic albums!

Your only leg you have to argue on is, YMCMB is still around, you can't argue on their body of work and quality. Plus lets not act like YMCMB wasn't one Lil Wayne Def Jam contract from collapsing on itself.

How do they do the most, when they don't sell more albums than other labels, they are hot now but it hasn't translated in better sales or albums.

If we are being honest, Def Jam legacy is longer and better, they still put out ? . Badboy might be on it's last leg, but they they still have a richer history than YMCMB,etc.

i ain't tryna argue body of work or quality
    most of their ? sucks
    and def jam, bad boy, deathrow, or whoever else selling records ain't got ? to do with this argument
    that ? is irrelevant
    we talkin about YMCMB and G.O.O.D.
    who's selling more than them now?
    and smgdh @ you saying their hot now
    they been hot since the 90s, ?
    you really ain't said ? but, "i don't like their music so ima discredit the fact that they've been around 20 years and have sold a ? load of records"
    they're the only label from the 90s still GOING STRONG
    ? the fact that they're still around
    they're still around and still a powerhouse
    def jam is still around too
    they ain't ? with YMCMB tho
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it's not even close
    look at what ymcmb has accomplished
    drake - platinum
    nicki - platinum
    wayne - every album he drops is highly anticpated plus he had an ep go gold while he was in jail and went plat in a week with the carter 3
    YM - we are young money album is gold
    CM - signin everybody and droppin everything
    now don't get me wrong, i ? with Good music's roster waaaaay tougher
    but YMCMB got this rap ? sewed up
    i made this thread to bring ? back to reality
    seen a few ? get carried away in the bet awards thread cuz a couple good music artists won some awards

sales, sales, sales
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    sales, sales, sales

that's the point, right?
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lol T/S Think he slick he aint fooling nobody with this ? lmaoo
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lol T/S Think he slick he aint fooling nobody with this ? lmaoo

damn what i do, b?
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    damn what i do, b?

u aint do nun fam lol just think about the whole roster entorage of young money cashmoney its only one name come to mind with me and maybe u too lol
  • rip.dilla
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    u aint do nun fam lol just think about the whole roster entorage of young money cashmoney its only one name come to mind with me and maybe u too lol

man i'm talkin bout the whole history of Cash Money Records
    from Cash Money is a Army to Ha to Get Ya Roll On to Way of Life all the way to Roger That and I'm On One
    YMCMB is the biggest Hip Hop label in the game right now
    and to usmarin3 of course dej jam has the better legacy, look at what they put out and what they started
    but Cash Money is a conglomerate and hasn't had any down time like def jam has in the last 20 years
    ? what coulda happened if wayne signed to them
    he didn't and the rest is history
    rich, illustrious, bling bling filled history
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

nah, my ?
    ? what you talkin bout
    ain't nobody makin music so you non album buyin elitist muhfuckas can bob ya head and bootleg it
    ? tryna get plaques around here
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Look at it like this though..

Ye gone triple plat 2 times, dbl plat once, plat twice
    John Legend gone dbl plat once, plat once, and gold once
    Cudi gone gold twice
    Common gone gold twice, as a GOOD artist
    ? im probably forgetting some people

vs Ymcmb

Wayne as a Young Money artist/not Cash money (big difference) going gold 5 times, plat once, trpl plat once
    Drake going plat
    Nicki goin Plat
    Birdman hasnt gone gold, (big tymers did go plat twice and gold once though)

GOOD Music moving more copies out here... so techincally the way you saying it Good Music still moving more copies
  • rip.dilla
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nah, my ?
    ? what you talkin bout
    ain't nobody makin music so you non album buyin elitist muhfuckas can bob ya head and bootleg it
    ? tryna get plaques around here

I buy music my friend . . and I will cop every album that a GOOD Music artiste drops maybe with the exception of Big Sean
  • Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You thinking cause they "elitist" music the not moving as many copies like YMCMB.. its around the same
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    man i'm talkin bout the whole history of Cash Money Records
    from Cash Money is a Army to Ha to Get Ya Roll On to Way of Life all the way to Roger That and I'm On One
    YMCMB is the biggest Hip Hop label in the game right now
    and to usmarin3 of course dej jam has the better legacy, look at what they put out and what they started
    but Cash Money is a conglomerate and hasn't had any down time like def jam has in the last 20 years
    ? what coulda happened if wayne signed to them
    he didn't and the rest is history
    rich, illustrious, bling bling filled history

lol the whole history ? ??? of course hot boys the best group ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guerilla warefare my fave album of all time
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    U my favorite poster but come on man
  • Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GOOD Music isnt totally a real label too... ? a management firm as opposed to Cash Money being an actual label

SO really this argument dont make sense lol.

When people in that thread were talking... it was more bout quality