2pac's Beef With De La Soul Explained

Options
2»

Comments

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adam magus wrote: »
    All you guys posting on here are full of ? . UNLIKE YOU GUYS de la actually spoke to pac and his family. Any situation was squashed. You folks on here are too young to even understand the impact de la soul had on music as a whole and thats why pac LOVED de la. They didnt retract ? . The way you guys talk about pac is embarrasing... Im sure he would have thought you people are idiots.

[img]http://www.troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/shut-the-? -up-? .jpg[/img]
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate it when an artist subliminally disses another artist and then claims it wasn't about them but about other imaginary rappers when the intended target is obvious.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard that Treach didn't beat up Pos but caught a serious fair one until everybody jumped in a broke it up
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word...

What's up with always trying to make Pac come off like an ego driven sociopath...
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    respect PAC...? that throw stones n hide their hands ain't even worth gettin at
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ thinking De La some soft ? scared to throw. ? ? me with that
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get what dela soul did for the game what did they do
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn good drop, I was wondering what made Pac diss them after shouting them out on "Old School", he shouted out LL too on that song and I think Pac didn't like LL's remix to Biggie's "Who Shot Ya" and that's how that beef started hell, Pac even went at Da Brat when she was riding with Biggie and the funny thing about that Pac had Lisa Raye in the "Toss It Up" video which we later found out was Da Brat's older sister lol.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get what dela soul did for the game what did they do

Pretty much invented the "skit" that you hear on albums...

Prince Paul's idea, introduced it on their very 1st album 3 Feet and Rising...
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Don't criticize as your comeback. That's wrong." - Pac

He went in on them boys on "Watch Ya Mouth"
  • cricejr
    cricejr Members Posts: 5
    Options
    I just watched "ego trip" "I get around" and "stakes is high". I dont see how anyone can say that de la went at pac directly in ANY of those videos. If pac felt that way then that reflects how he feels about his own music because at least a dozen rappers could have been mad. In "stakes" they made a reference to how rappers talkin about "how high" they get but red and ? didnt get offended. As for treach, hes had issues with de la goin back to their 2nd album when dave said something about not being scared of treach in " porridge please". Naughty bu Nature was wack, straight up. Having a hit single doesnt make you dope & the fact that he went at pos is lame. Choose any de la album and its better than anything NBN has EVER done.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is actually some funny ? .
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Damn good drop, I was wondering what made Pac diss them after shouting them out on "Old School", he shouted out LL too on that song and I think Pac didn't like LL's remix to Biggie's "Who Shot Ya" and that's how that beef started hell, Pac even went at Da Brat when she was riding with Biggie and the funny thing about that Pac had Lisa Raye in the "Toss It Up" video which we later found out was Da Brat's older sister lol.

That came out after pacs death,surely
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

That came out after pacs death,surely

"I Shot Ya" LL Cool J ft. Keith Murray November 21, 95'. The "I Shot Ya" Remix ft. Foxy Brown, Fat Joe and Keith Murray was released while 2Pac was alive.
    2Pac was robbed in New York and shot November 30,1995 around the time 'I Shot Ya' remix was released.

2Pac didn't die until Sept. 1996
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint pickin sides..
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This was an ill time

This reminds me of when BIG thought the Roots were dissing him on one of my favorite songs "Never Do" which they may have been.Video had parts that looked like Big Poppa vid, but all vids looked like that then

I always felt Stakes Is High could have been a dart at Pac. Classic album BTW
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember the ego trip video quite well because I was/am a huge De La supporter... I do not recall any of this so called beef.
    I guess all scared about was the music back then... I don't even recall the Treach/De La beef...
  • mista xxplosive
    mista xxplosive Members Posts: 52
    Options
    LL's verse on the I shot ya remix was a subliminal.
    what's up with that I Shot Ya deal?
    Light ? , ? slip now how the bullet feel?
    New York appeal, in L.A. they gang bang
    But if you touch a mic your ? ass hang
    That's facts, ? don't recieve no type of slack
    Cause if they do, they ass is always runnin back
    Not this time, but next time I'ma name names
    LL, shittin from on top of the game
    I SHOT YA!
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    Options
    acutally he dissed them because in 1996 they whole angle was them trying to " clean up rap and make it all postitive and pac was like stop trying to masqarade just because u are not selling any records don't mean u have to start dissing other rappers including him to get recognition.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i cant...why everytime they talk about 'beef' from back in the day they make it sound so mature

'He loved yall...we reached out...it was cool'

At the end of the day its just in good taste to paint these rosey pictures after the fact, but in reality these were young 20 something dudes with money, ? happens.

Its just suspect and not possibly true that every person that beefed with Pac, NOW they on some 'it was a misunderstanding, we peaced it out, it was all love' blah blah blah