tell ur tales

Comments

• lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that was my first ever second job I was a cook a ruby tuesdays

man get ready to get your ass handed to you early and often

you have got to be able to do more than one thing at a time like four or five and on friday night

it bad i got a table of 9 and a table of 6 one night on a friday our busiest night i almost quit and when its all done and thing start to quiet down and you guys close at 11 and somebodey comes in at 10 :30 you are gonna want to hurt some one.
    oh and once the doors are locked and there are no more orders. you are going to have to clean every thing and restock stuff oh and and prepare to burn the ? out of your arms on grease and mashed patatoes

so yeah other than all that its all good. all ? that work in resturants are freaks and yada yada etc etc.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    damn great lol
  • Slowsteel3
    Slowsteel3 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It summer so its gone be hot in that kitchen..Big action with the ladies, and you probably can make some other money in their too! If you know what i mean.
  • BelovedAfeni
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol what u mean son
  • Slowsteel3
    Slowsteel3 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol what u mean son

Nevermind!
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just be happy these cheap ? from the IC aint going to be your regular customers B. You'd average 4 cents an hour.
  • BelovedAfeni
    edited June 2011
    Options
    macaroni grill on a military post
  • BelovedAfeni
    edited June 2011
    Options
    u know they gonna have the happy go luckys waiting
    i m interviewing for cook though lol
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I cooked in a few restaurants in hs and college, ? was aight, you get busy and it's mad hectic, but then it cools down, and the whole time ur listening to the radio, bullshitting, snacking. Two things that sucked about it in my experience (1) that you get ? as hell and be ready to ruin at least a couple pair of pants and a pair of shoes, (2) The way they do the hours at a lot of places is like you'll be working six days a week but getting like 35 hours, pullin four hour shifts some nights, they'll be trying to have a full staff every night but keep everyone under 40.
  • BelovedAfeni
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    I cooked in a few restaurants in hs and college, ? was aight, you get busy and it's mad hectic, but then it cools down, and the whole time ur listening to the radio, bullshitting, snacking. Two things that sucked about it in my experience (1) that you get ? as hell and be ready to ruin at least a couple pair of pants and a pair of shoes, (2) The way they do the hours at a lot of places is like you'll be working six days a week but getting like 35 hours, pullin four hour shifts some nights, they'll be trying to have a full staff every night but keep everyone under 40.

ahh thx that kinda might work out better for me
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Been working in many different restaurants. Horrible job but somebody's gotta do it right? ? i remember this one guy I used to work with,he works as a waiter, takes as many shifts as he can, works for half a year, makes a shitload of money and goes on vacation for a few months. Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia or some cheap place like that, I actually like this idea.