An emotional partner vs an Unemotional partner

Options
makaveli03
makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
edited June 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
which would you prefer from your woman in a relationship? or man? (for the ladies)

If you are the independent type, would you want your partner to be as independent as you??

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idk i dont want no extra emotional ass ?
    but ive been with the unemotional type and its a ? pain in the ass
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    indifference is the mark of greatness.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I gotta semi cold heart so being emotional to a partner is kinda tuff for me. Ill prolly need a woman who is emotional, dont think I could get down with that "independent" woman.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    extremes on both ends is irritating. you gotta be somewhat equal to work out otherwise it's gon feel like babysitting & walking on eggshells or ripping your hairs out one by one cuz you don't know what the other person's thinking/feeling.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    extremes on both ends is irritating. you gotta be somewhat equal to work out otherwise it's gon feel like babysitting & walking on eggshells or ripping your hairs out one by one cuz you don't know what the other person's thinking/feeling.

exactly............
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I would want someone who leans more towards the emotional side of the pendulum. Expressing your self emotionally is healthy... its when the person is irrational that there becomes a problem. Emotion assigns value to things. She just has to be reasonable/ rational enough to make the right decision based on the value assigned by her emotions.

and yes. I'd prefer someone more independent than dependent, assuming that is the alternative. I like tough chicks with big hearts.
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I would want someone who leans more towards the emotional side of the pendulum. Expressing your self emotionally is healthy... its when the person is irrational that there becomes a problem. Emotion assigns value to things. She just has to be reasonable/ rational enough to make the right decision based on the value assigned by her emotions.

and yes. I'd prefer someone more independent than dependent, assuming that is the alternative. I like tough chicks with big hearts.

i agree with everything except emotions assign value. reason assign value
  • Shuffington
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Emotions are a complex network of reactions and counter reactions between the physical and mental which results in an emergent emotional value. Reason can only make choices on the basis of those values.

what are your thoughts?
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just want someone with reasonable responses to stimuli. Your response to me being late shouldn't be the same as you would respond if I cheated on you. ? don't match.
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Emotions are a complex network of reactions and counter reactions between the physical and mental which results in an emergent emotional value. Reason can only make choices on the basis of those values.

what are your thoughts?

emotions cloud the ability to reason and be rational, so any emotional value assigned is not necessarily the true value. reason does not make choices based on emotional value. reason makes choices objectively based on specified data

anyways. I would rather a well adjusted person
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    makaveli03 wrote: »
    which would you prefer from your woman in a relationship? or man? (for the ladies)

If you are the independent type, would you want your partner to be as independent as you??

Probably more Unemotional. Not stoic but not the type to overdo things either. Im not very emotional so it would be awkward dealing with a guy who was like that.

Not independent. I believe in interdepence.
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

co sign

I just want someone with reasonable responses to stimuli. Your response to me being late shouldn't be the same as you would respond if I cheated on you. ? don't match.

This as well

im more emotional than not, I prefer to consider myself passionate, cause only a few things set me off in a postive or negative direction
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Didn't know being emotional was equal to dependent, or being non emotional was linked to being independent

-_-
  • makaveli03
    edited June 2011
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    Didn't know being emotional was equal to dependent, or being non emotional was linked to being independent

-_-

they are big triggers to those personality traits
  • glowy
    edited June 2011
    Options
    they are big triggers to those personality traits

Someone can be dependent on someone simply because they are a lazy ? , and I know several highly emotional people who are living independently.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

That pretty much sums it up...I just can't decide which would be worse.
  • makaveli03
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Someone can be dependent on someone simply because they are a lazy ? , and I know several highly emotional people who are living independently.

you arent thinking in terms of romantic relationships
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Been with an overly emotional partner and an overly unemotional partner.

Both were too extreme, the overly emotional one was deluded and moved too fast with her emotions or it might have worked out.

The overly unemotional one was the first girlfriend and she eventually switched it up after years, which resulted in me feeling out of sync with her and ending it (a move too late, I was fed up of the overly unemotional attitude by then).

Somewhere in the middle is key as others have stated.
  • glowy
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you arent thinking in terms of romantic relationships

oh.

Emotionally dependent vs Emotionally independent.
  • makaveli03
    edited June 2011
    Options
    oh.

Emotionally dependent vs Emotionally independent.

yea basically someone who is more prone to being clingy (although not OBSESSION status) vs someone who is prone to being very detached, and flighty
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    im unemotional but i need an emotional girl to arouse the few emotions i have but not the crackhead crying and screaming type
  • Shuffington
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »
    emotions cloud the ability to reason and be rational, so any emotional value assigned is not necessarily the true value. reason does not make choices based on emotional value. reason makes choices objectively based on specified data

anyways. I would rather a well adjusted person

Thats the point that I am trying to make. Emotional value is assigned in the moment, and in that moment that is the true value for that person. They're many instances where we can look back at a situation and say "man, I couldve handled that differently" But in that moment at that time, you reacted in what you thought was the most reasonable way. A reasonable choice to you might not be so reasonable for somebody else.

But Reason and emotions are codependent.

If you delve deeper there is a "somatic Marker hypothesis" developed by Neurologist Antonio Damasio, which helps to identify the role of emotion in human cognition. Alot of these value assignments are unconscious and more of an automated response. The choice to react is different from the unconscious ability to feel. Somatic markers highlight options, evaluate extreme diversity an anticipation sort of like a Biasing Mechanism.

If we were void of emotion, in extreme cases people can end up like Big Ass coin, Untroubled by Barbarism and unable to feel other peoples pain... no shade btw