Do You Encourage The Youth?

Options
Miles HIGH
Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Are you a good role model? If not, do you at least try to kick knowledge to the generations under you? Let em know what they should or shouldn't do, and the outcomes for certain actions?

Personally I try to be somebody who younger people I know can come to for advice, but it ain't like I got the world all the way figured out for myself yet, so sometimes I know I be settin a bad example. Like just today, one of my lil homies(? 16), starts showin me naked pictures on his phone. Rather than let him know that that's not the way a man should carry himself, I pull my phone out and start shittin on him. SMH...

Overall though, I try to teach the truth to the young black youth. At least as much of it as I know. Cause the children are the future. How bout you?

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i tried but these lil ? is lost
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    Are you a good role model? If not, do you at least try to kick knowledge to the generations under you? Let em know what they should or shouldn't do, and the outcomes for certain actions?

Personally I try to be somebody who younger people I know can come to for advice, but it ain't like I got the world all the way figured out for myself yet, so sometimes I know I be settin a bad example. Like just today, one of my lil homies(? 16), starts showin me naked pictures on his phone. Rather than let him know that that's not the way a man should carry himself, I pull my phone out and start shittin on him. SMH...

Overall though, I try to teach the truth to the young black youth. At least as much of it as I know. Cause the children are the future. How bout you?

Hold up, naked pictures of what? The little homies only 16. I'm just saying, you might want to clarify before the wrong folks see this.
  • Miles HIGH
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Hold up, naked pictures of what? The little homies only 16. I'm just saying, you might want to clarify before the wrong folks see this.

Haha, I figured it was comin. His girlfriend(s). The main one 17, and he ? a 19 year old at my college too. Ion give a ? bout all that "no ? " ? though, I ain't ask to see em, lol.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea b, I'm on some 'how do I reach these keeds' ?
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Those who can't help leave
    those who can help teach
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nah, i have no hope for them
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I got no hope for the youth or the older generation. ? em both, but I try to teach those who want to do better.

And T/S same as you, I ran into a similar situation. It was the year after I graduated HS. Some shorty got smutted out (not unusual that ? always use to happen), but it got put on the internet. So the young dudes around my way were telling me about it. And all I could do is laugh and hit em with the "y'all ? is wild man" line.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    no i do not :cool:
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i tried but these lil ? is lost

lmao....................

i give them a dollar thats about it
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just lead by example and let those who are want guidance approach me now. I used to do community service when I was in college.
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nah man i try to kick some knowledge to my homies lil bro we always getting him high, E'd out, and ? hes only 14.
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    All the time. I have younger siblings. I have to set a good example for them.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nah, I discourage those ? , toughens them up.

"Life is ? , you will suffer, and one day you'll die and be dead forever. That's it, the end ? ."

"What, you want to know if you can be a scientist when you grow up? Nah, you're dumb as ? . Maybe if you're lucky you'll be a 'pencil pusher'."

"Who told you you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up? That's straight up ? . This ain't a fairytale, wake-up ? . You think all the janitors wanted to be janitors?"
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • Miles HIGH
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hahahaha...Y'all are terrible....
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I try buy most of them Lil ? don't listen.
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Nah, I discourage those ? , toughens them up.

"Life is ? , you will suffer, and one day you'll die and be dead forever. That's it, the end ? ."

"What, you want to know if you can be a scientist when you grow up? Nah, you're dumb as ? . Maybe if you're lucky you'll be a 'pencil pusher'."

"Who told you you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up? That's straight up ? . This ain't a fairytale, wake-up ? . You think all the janitors wanted to be janitors?"

if the grow up to be successful they should thank u cause that straight up motivation.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just let them be. there's no talking to them. You ask them what they wanna be when they grow up and they say "I wanna design video games."

but when they get older, and ask for advice because they lack direction in life, i'll hook them up. but not for nothing. im not going to give advice when they dont ask for it. thats mad annoying. i remember when old heads use to do me like that. i use to be like "Shut-da-fuuuuuuuck up!!!!!"

i aint say that out loud, but thats what i was thinkin.
  • Miles HIGH
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    I just let them be. there's no talking to them. You ask them what they wanna be when they grow up and they say "I wanna design video games."

but when they get older, and ask for advice because they lack direction in life, i'll hook them up. but not for nothing. im not going to give advice when they dont ask for it. thats mad annoying. i remember when old heads use to do me like that. i use to be like "Shut-da-fuuuuuuuck up!!!!!"

i aint say that out loud, but thats what i was thinkin

Lol, now sometimes I wish I had been like "Tell me more.."
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    All the time. I have younger siblings. I have to set a good example for them.

Same here. and I go out and speak at high school about decision making!

Thing is when you are younger, you actually think you know everything. But when you get older, you realize you dont know half. Everyday is a teaching experience. 5 years from now you should know more than you knew back then.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I lead by example and I always try to hit people off w/ the knowledge as well. Nothing worse than seeing a person drowning and not at least try to throw them a life preserver. These younger cats don't be trying to hear ? though, but I don't let it deter me. If I can get through to just 1, my job is done.
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    I lead by example and I always try to hit people off w/ the knowledge as well. Nothing worse than seeing a person drowning and not at least try to throw them a life preserver. These younger cats don't be trying to hear ? though, but I don't let it deter me. If I can get through to just 1, my job is done.

This righ'chere......
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    In all honesty... no. I don't give a ? about them weird ass ? .
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If somebody asks me something and act interested I will gladly demonstrate whatever he wants to see or explain how smth works, but seems like people don't like to learn anything new. That's why I don't bother teaching anybody who's not asking questions, cause they won't listen anyway.