Question? If the dead rise not?

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Problem is, according to your own Bible he was not the first to rise up from the dead. Or the first begotten of the Dead which most Christians claim.

Elijah raised the Widow's son from death. Jesus himself raised Lazarus from the dead.

The resurrection of the dead is not about a man who was here 2,000 years ago. It is about a people that will be raised from mental, moral, and spiritual death in this day and time.

Jesus Christ is the first fruits. Everybody else you talked about died again. Jesus Christ is the first fruits of those who will never die again. Hallelujah!

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
    " 1 Corinthians 15:20
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Are not Muslims in some circumstances doing that... and I think the Thuggies of India do it too

Where in the world are Muslims dying for their faith un-voluntarily? Muslims die for their faith because they want too. Not because they are being persecuted and sentenced to death. Christians on the other hand are. This is an undisputed fact.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Where in the world are Muslims dying for their faith un-voluntarily? Muslims die for their faith because they want too. Not because they are being persecuted and sentenced to death. Christians on the other hand are. This is an undisputed fact.

So Christians don't want to die for their faith?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The difference in Christ's situation in comparison to this is that He was the first and last to die, be buried, and raised never to die again. lazarus was raised but he isn't around anymore, he's in the grave.

Amen! Blessings to you my brother in Christ. Haven't seen you on here in a minute.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So Christians don't want to die for their faith?

Read the 1st post. cleary the first post flew over your head. But hey, I shouldn't be surprised. After all you are an ape. I want to throw bananas at you. What zoo do you belong to?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options

Okay, let's RE READ this. Your first sentence is saying Muslims aren't dying involuntarily (lol @ un), they're dying VOLUNTARILY, they are dying for their faith because they WANT TO. Meaning they want to die for their faith.

Correct? OKAY, lets move on poindexter.

Then you said, "not because they're being persecuted and sentenced to death, Christians are", meaning you cats don't want to die for your faith.

That is an undisputed fact you said this, now this is why I asked my question and it still stands.

So, Christians DON'T want to die for their faith? Because you made it out to be that way.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b
    Okay, let's RE READ this. Your first sentence is saying Muslims aren't dying involuntarily (lol @ un), they're dying VOLUNTARILY, they are dying for their faith because they WANT TO. Meaning they want to die for their faith.

Correct? OKAY, lets move on poindexter.

Then you said, "not because they're being persecuted and sentenced to death, Christians are", meaning you cats don't want to die for your faith.

That is an undisputed fact you said this, now this is why I asked my question and it still stands.

So, Christians DON'T want to die for their faith? Because you made it out to be that way.

Acts of terrorism are not forced upon muslin believers. When was the last time you heard a christian flying a plane into a building or strapping themselves up with explosives in order to detonate themselves in public spaces? Don't worry, i'll wait for you to Google search your inquiry..................................................................................................FOREVER!
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This ? is flying over your head ain't it? (no pun)

Are you not getting what I'm saying?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jesus Christ is the first fruits. Everybody else you talked about died again. Jesus Christ is the first fruits of those who will never die again. Hallelujah!

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
    " 1 Corinthians 15:20

I knew you would say that. Revelations 1:5 says "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of he was first begotten of the Dead." He clearly was not.

Sleep is not Death, ? .

It says first begotten of the dead. Matter of fact from the Greek Translation that is translated as only begotten of the dead. This word" MǑNǑGĚNĒS" literally mean one and only. Translators slipped up a bit and took tremendous liberties.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I knew you would say that. Revelations 1:5 says "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of he was first begotten of the Dead." He clearly was not.

Sleep is not Death, ? .

It says first begotten of the dead. Matter of fact from the Greek Translation that is translated as only begotten of the dead. This word" MǑNǑGĚNĒS" literally mean one and only. Translators slipped up a bit and took tremendous liberties.

Jesus Christ is the only person to resurrect and never die again. He is called the resurrection and the life for a reason. Now if you dispute this fact AndStep, I suggest you examine your beliefs in regards to who Jesus Christ truly is. ? bless you.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    So plane crashes are the only forms terrorist attacks known to man? C'mon man. You know for a fact more violence and harm has been done in the name of Jesus than any other religion on this planet. You know this.

How about when those Christians crash that ship into Plymouth Rock?

Matthew 7:21-23 speaks about what your talking about.

"21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

How is your relationship with the King today? Will you come to the fountain of living waters and drink freely? Behold, today is the day of Salvation. Today if ye will hear His voice and harden not your heart!
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jesus Christ is the only person to resurrect and never die again. He is called the resurrection and the life for a reason. Now if you dispute this fact AndStep, I suggest you examine your beliefs in regards to who Jesus Christ truly is. ? bless you.

It is not been proven a fact, DoU. Quit being lazy and an intellectual coward. He was called that by your British translators who wanted to deceive the whole world on the reality of ? and that person you call Jesus.

This is not about belief. It is about knowing who is what and who did what. If I crafted a book out of it's original tongue and tampered with the meanings and translation would you be comfortable in adhering to its tenets before those issues were cleared up? If you did you would be a fool. Particularly if I was from an oppressive class of people who saw you and your people as cattle.

I have no problem with JC, it is the way he is presented by the Euros and British I have a problem with. You should too.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Matthew 7:21-23 speaks about what your talking about.

"21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

How is your relationship with the King today? Will you come to the fountain of living waters and drink freely? Behold, today is the day of Salvation. Today if ye will hear His voice and harden not your heart!

How do you know they weren't asked to do these wills of the "Father"? In the bible they were asked to murder many people. Egyptians were all brutally killed, the children had their heads bashed into rocks (asked by ? to do)

Deaf people were all brutally murdered because Christians said they weren't mean to "hear" the word of ? , so they were "told" by ? to ? 'em.

Columbus LOL yeah, what about this guy as well?

How do you know for a fact they weren't asked by ? to do these things? You don't, you just assume because they don't say "? told me", but it could very well be so. It IS in the characteristics of ? to ask of these things.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It is not been proven a fact, DoU. Quit being lazy and an intellectual coward. He was called that by your British translators who wanted to deceive the whole world on the reality of ? and that person you call Jesus.

This is not about belief. It is about knowing who is what and who did what. If I crafted a book out of it's original tongue and tampered with the meanings and translation would you be comfortable in adhering to its tenets before those issues were cleared up? If you did you would be a fool. Particularly if I was from an oppressive class of people who saw you and your people as cattle.

I have no problem with JC, it is the way he is presented by the Euros and British I have a problem with. You should too.

I don't know what your trying to get at AndStep. But all I know is that my faith rests in the Risen Christ. That's it, that's all!

Anything else that somebody tries to push off on me is immediately filed in the trash bin.

The only thing that matters at the end of the day is who do you trust to redeem you.

My answer has been settled in heaven and thus my name is included in the book of life.

? bless you on this 4th of July.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How do you know they weren't asked to do these wills of the "Father"? In the bible they were asked to murder many people. Egyptians were all brutally killed, the children had their heads bashed into rocks (asked by ? to do)

Deaf people were all brutally murdered because Christians said they weren't mean to "hear" the word of ? , so they were "told" by ? to ? 'em.

Columbus LOL yeah, what about this guy as well?

How do you know for a fact they weren't asked by ? to do these things? You don't, you just assume because they don't say "? told me", but it could very well be so. It IS in the characteristics of ? to ask of these things.

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of ? ."
    Matthew 22:29
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The premise of the question revolves around the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Basically the apostle Paul is asking, "if there is no resurrection from the dead, why do believers hazard their life for a known lie?"

So the same question still rings out in the world today. If Jesus Christ didn't rise from the dead, why have believers for thousands of years, risked their lives for a man who is still in the grave?

It wouldn't make any sense to die in the name of Jesus Christ, if you don't have absolute faith that He is able and that He will raise you up at the 1st resurrection.

There are more Muslims and Hindus in the world combined than Christians.......so you have no way of proving one religion is more true than any other.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There are more Muslims and Hindus in the world combined than Christians.......so you have no way of proving one religion is more true than any other.

Christianity is not a religion, it is a person! That person is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ!

The only religion that ? gave man was given to the nation of Israel. And man was incapable of obeying Gods only given religion, which was the law. Thus Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law and all who trust in Him are sealed into the family of ? .

So again, Christianity is not a religion. It is about a personal intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Ye must be born again my friend. ? bless you.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of ? ."
    Matthew 22:29

typical.............
  • wink_da_god
    wink_da_god Members Posts: 169
    edited July 2011
    Options
    both sides of the argument have valid points

basically comes down to faith
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Amen! Blessings to you my brother in Christ. Haven't seen you on here in a minute.

Thnx, bro same to you! I'm still around just haven't been posting as much recently.

Good to see you still got the fire going. Keep growing and bringing that fruit of the knowledge forth.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Christianity is not a religion, it is a person! That person is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ!

The only religion that ? gave man was given to the nation of Israel. And man was incapable of obeying Gods only given religion, which was the law. Thus Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law and all who trust in Him are sealed into the family of ? .

So again, Christianity is not a religion. It is about a personal intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Ye must be born again my friend. ? bless you.

Christianity isn't a person. Christianity IS a religion, stop dancing around it and saying "Oh, it's a LIFE STYLE". That's such a damn joke lol even the pastor will admit it's a religion, he just prances around saying it's not to fire up the crowd to feel different.

Christ is not a person, it's just a fancy word of saying "anointed one".
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Christianity isn't a person. Christianity IS a religion, stop dancing around it and saying "Oh, it's a LIFE STYLE". That's such a damn joke lol even the pastor will admit it's a religion, he just prances around saying it's not to fire up the crowd to feel different.

Christ is not a person, it's just a fancy word of saying "anointed one".

Well you pretty much slam dunked my whole point. ? is marvelous ain't He?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You said Christianity is a person, I said it isn't including the word "Christ".
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You said Christianity is a person, I said it isn't including the word "Christ".

Do you know Him?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Do I know who?