The J.Cole hate is the weirdest ? I can recall...WTF??

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
Some rappers get hated because they are disgusting humans that beat women, make racist-tapes, blackball other artists and other foul ish.

I seen rappers get hated because they make pop-rap, Techno-hop, or corny chick music, or people say they sold out.

I have even seen rappers hated because they are arrogant, pompous, and flamboyant in their behavior.

Thats all understandable because success breeds envy and envy breeds hatred....but seriously J.Cole??

Why the hatred for an awkward, educated mulatto from the South who does nothing but smile all jolly and make friends??

Can someone explain??

Comments

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    guilty by association
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i think itz his male groupiez on herr gassin cole up 2 b sumthang hez not plus j cole aint helpin da situation makin blogz sayin his album is comin out blah blah blah & then nuttin happenz lol
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He's jay-z first artist he was crowned as "that dude"
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it's really jay-z hate in my opinion. i don't get it either
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ....Sad times 'round here when people blatantly diss J Cole and say he's wack but turn around and praise the White Girl Mob.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They all on Twitter calling him wack and acting like Big Sean ended his career.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^^^ they are? how?
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What can I say....I just don't like lames..
  • gee757
    edited June 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    They all on Twitter calling him wack and acting like Big Sean ended his career.

thatz cuz j cole supporterz have been talkin so much ? & BIG SEAN was da 1 that drop;d a album.,,.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    From what i see... I guess people think himself and his fans put him on a pedestal he shouldn't be on in their opinion. Plus he guilty by association too I guess
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    From what I seen

1. Hate for Jay-Z

2. To ? off his stans
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't hate him.

I have a strong feeling that his album will be no good.

Just a gut feeling.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    thatz cuz j cole supporterz have been talkin so much ? & BIG SEAN was da 1 that drop;d a album.,,.

so who are these supporters minus usmarine that talk so much ? ? It's not like em or 50 stans hype up those two. J cole gets almost as much hate as Ross gets. I think more of us hype up big krit than j cole and he doesn't get no where near this much hate.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Igot5onit wrote: »
    From what I seen

1. Hate for Jay-Z

2. To ? off his stans
    From what i see... I guess people think himself and his fans put him on a pedestal he shouldn't be on in their opinion.
    they also hate the fact that he's taking longer then what they want for him to release an album. I mean, go do or listen to somethin else instead of hating the fact that he's taking longer than you want him to. It's a million other artist you can be listening to in the meantime in between time. Just wait, it's not that serious. Who cares?

• Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And there's the I dont think he that nice group, who either don't ? with him cause they don't think he's that good of a rapper(legit reason), or people whod otherwise ? with him but feel that he isn't what his fans make him out to be.
  • Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So part of the hate self inflicted by Cole for the album issues, most of it stems from the expectations of his rabid fanbase. ? people on here have stopped ? with him cause of the album bs.

This what I see as a fan of cole anyways
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I have no clue, some of it is because he runs with Jay-Z i guess. And because they rather see him on another label, i've heard people refer to G.O.O.D. Music and MMG as the 'winning team', and that J. Cole should join the 'winning team', lol. I could care less where the hate comes from though, he still got my full support.
  • gee757
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    so who are these supporters minus usmarine that talk so much ? ? It's not like em or 50 stans hype up those two. J cole gets almost as much hate as Ross gets. I think more of us hype up big krit than j cole and he doesn't get no where near this much hate.

lol all it takez is 1....but like i said itz not only that itz also J COLE himself sayin da album is comin & then he comez wit a XCUSE,.,.da faster j cole putz this album out da faster he can shut up all this so call;d 'h8'
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My main reasoning for not liking the dude

HIS FANS ARE CALLING HIM JORDAN AFTER A FEW SUMMER LEAGUE GAMES.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    otherwise ? with him but feel that he isn't what his fans make him out to be.

i'm in this category. he's good, but ? act like he's the best rapper ever. this dude i know said he's the greatest underground rapper of all time smdh
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I have no clue, some of it is because he runs with Jay-Z i guess. And because they rather see him on another label, i've heard people refer to G.O.O.D. Music and MMG as the 'winning team', and that J. Cole should join the 'winning team', lol. I could care less where the hate comes from though, he still got my full support.

Yeah man I don't feel like Roc Nation is the move for him. As a hip hop artist you gotta have a team around you. Y'all hop on tracks together. Do dope freestyles. Set trends.

Ain't nobody at Roc Nation for him to do that with. Every body in that "freshman class" is together in some way. They get energy and support from their team.

They all chill together. But Roc Nation just ain't "poppin." ? even Rostrum Records/Taylor Gang rocks out harder than them.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They don't want him to succeed cuz of Jay-Z cuz they know if he does succeed its a another notch in Jay-Z's belt. The fueling fire excuse that Jay-Z undercover stans got is that nobody has succeded in Roc Nation and thats why he needs Dame and Biggs. But if J Cole goes gold or plat, that shuts everybody up.....well not really cuz they will say his talent got him that plaque. Just like they don't credit him on the early success of Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, and Rhianna
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Plus I find him quite boring. Not to mention alot of them corny ass lines dude be spitting gets a pass.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited June 2011
    Options
    In his interviews he's likable and articulate, his music is positive and he has skills.

I can't see how anybody could want any of the Freshmen to fail, except maybe Charles Hamilton who is a madman or Fred the Godson who beat a Russian Immigrant with a crow-bar in Queens...

Poor J.Cole reads those tweets and hears the hatred and it makes him sad.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    Yeah man I don't feel like Roc Nation is the move for him. As a hip hop artist you gotta have a team around you. Y'all hop on tracks together. Do dope freestyles. Set trends.

Ain't nobody at Roc Nation for him to do that with. Every body in that "freshman class" is together in some way. They get energy and support from their team.

They all chill together. But Roc Nation just ain't "poppin." ? even Rostrum Records/Taylor Gang rocks out harder than them.

C/S the bolded, idk how well Roc Nation will nurture a Hip-Hop artist like Cole. Roc Nation does have Jay Electronica, but ehhhh...he's not doing much either. I think he'll succeed though.