Did Jae Millz drop the ball?

Options
beerisgood4ya
beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
edited June 2011 in The Reason

through the years, i see jae millz couldnt really make songs, even though no no no is my ? . I remember back when the jae millz vs eness battle went down, millz buzz was really strong. He dropped the no no no video around that time and alot of people started to look at millz like, hey, NY might got a winner right here. Years later he signs with young money, and ummmmm, dude went from sugar to ? over night. I was kinda surprised diddy never signed millz knowing he from harlem and dude had talent, he wasnt polished as a artist but with some work i think he could have turned out to something better then what he doing now, music wise....

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Battle rapping in small doses can be beneficial for an emcee. He spent more time on battling than developing his musical talent to become a more well rounded artist. That happens to a lot rappers.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    in 2004 he had a nice lil buzz but just like papoose he couldn't sustain his buzz. i thought signing to young money would do him wonders, but he has gotten bad.
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Battle rapping in small doses can be beneficial for an emcee. He spent more time on battling than developing his musical talent to become a more well rounded artist. That happens to a lot rappers.

i thought about that as well......i think that happens to alot of battle rappers, they spend more time on developing there skills as a battle rapper and less time spent on developing there song writing skills, even picking the right beats and somewhat a skill that most dont have......
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    in 2004 he had a nice lil buzz but just like papoose he couldn't sustain his buzz. i thought signing to young money would do him wonders, but he has gotten bad.

he's just lost in the shuffle. it was a good look at 1st but now it's like he's just seen as a generic young money artists with no real identity.
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited June 2011
    Options
    im starting to see that alot of NY rappers who have started out as battle rappers, didnt balance the battle rapping with growing there skills as a song writer. When in other regions they focus more on writing hot songs and making singles for radio, rather then wanting to build there skills as a street battle rapper....
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    he's just lost in the shuffle. it was a good look at 1st but now it's like he's just seen as a generic young money artists with no real identity.

it's a shame because i thought he was gonna blow up, no no no was a nice lil song too.
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    to me this waswas jea millz closest track to blowing up or getting a buzz. jea millz has been signed before , but we dont know why his album never dropped.a lot of these artist dont get lps out cause of label politics, for the longest time jay z was shutting down any ron browz produced tracks
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

papoose is a prime example of a rapper that can spit bars for days, but who cant write good songs to save his life. He seems like he focused 100 percent on spitting 1000 punch lines, but didnt spend half that time on learning to write good songs. Papoose seems to cant change his style up, he most of the time sounds the same on every track. I think with a rapper like papoose, he should have went down the dmx lane and just made that grimy NY sounding music. Maybe getting with producers like havoc, alchemist, ect.....
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    "Yo Big am I trouble or what!?????!!!!!!!"
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

millz defiantly lost his NY flava......When he signed to YM, its sorta like he tried to fit in with what they was doing instead of being a leader and bringing that NY, harlem style to YM.
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    papoose is a prime example of a rapper that can spit bars for days, but who cant write good songs to save his life. He seems like he focused 100 percent on spitting 1000 punch lines, but didnt spend half that time on learning to write good songs. Papoose seems to cant change his style up, he most of the time sounds the same on every track. I think with a rapper like papoose, he should have went down the dmx lane and just made that grimy NY sounding music. Maybe getting with producers like havoc, alchemist, ect.....

no way papoose could make songs, his music became generic and wack.

the law library series, charades, we will surivive etc were dope.
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited June 2011
    Options
    "Yo Big am I trouble or what!?????!!!!!!!"