When did you discover the IC..........

Options
caddo man
caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in AKA Donkey
and what made you start posting?

I discovered the IC around 03'. My homie put me on Allhiphop and I used to read the reviews and check out the music section.

First day looking at the IC, I saw an exposure. (cant remember who is was but it was funny as hell.

I started posting in the Cheap seat first then migrated to G&S. My first post was about LSU football. Crazy how I remembered that and forgot my password for work this morning!

spill the beans..................

Comments

• deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i found it around '07 maybe late '06... i lurked for a while reading the rumors section on the front page when it wa actually worth a dam then i started check for some funny ass threads... I remember that chick Yoso would be going in on posters or something...then one day i saw a fovarite verses thread in the reason and joined in..
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I discovered the IC in 2008, and was an active member until the summer of 2009. Then i rejoined May 1st 2011
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fall 2002, but didnt become a member until march 2003
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    back in '05

I was on a deployment and my job basically consisted of me sitting in a TOC for 8hrs a day behind a desk

all I did was answer two tac phones and plotted movements on a map with thumbtacks SMH

started posting in the reason, and was a casual Illpix poster..............? had a thread talmbout "post pics of your girl"

? hilarious
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Maaaan it's been awhile. First started visiting the sight in 01-02 but didn't start posting until like 08.... Hell i didn't even ? with the IC like that period.. it was everything else (rumors, music) then once i found the IC i don't even check for anything else on this site. I come straight HERE....
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Maybe like 05, stumbled across something called the PPM, then the rumors and news. Just got in the mix tho
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    friend told me about it in like 08, been here since 09
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Found out about Allhiphop around 05-06 but i would only read the rumors section i never checked out anything else.

I finally looked at the ic around 08 but i would only look at donkey once and awhile when i would be bored just to laugh at the funny ass threads. I think Donkey may have been the most popular back then if i remember correctly.

I joined once i saw a thread about Jeezy last yr.

Its funny cuz now i rarely if ever even check out the main site. That ? then became trash and anything that is interesting they have usually stolen it from the IC anyway.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My boy was on the radio here in Chicago back in like 2001, and I was chilling at the station and he had it on the computer. Looked at the Rumors and new music section until like 03 and joined and was in Reason tough making threads about Lord Finesse and others and doing numbers, lurked in G&S until reason became unbearable B.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I found allhiphop around early 2008 and at the time I use to stay posting in the rumors or media section. But I didn't find out about the IC until the summer of '08 but didn't start posting on the IC until towards the end of '08 b/c at that time I think the IC was shut down for a good few months at the time.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    Found out about Allhiphop around 05-06 but i would only read the rumors section i never checked out anything else.

I finally looked at the ic around 08 but i would only look at donkey once and awhile when i would be bored just to laugh at the funny ass threads. I think Donkey may have been the most popular back then if i remember correctly.

I joined once i saw a thread about Jeezy last yr.

Its funny cuz now i rarely if ever even check out the main site. That ? then became trash and anything that is interesting they have usually stolen it from the IC anyway.

cosign I think I stopped checking for the front page and media section around summer of 09. The media section is just absolute garbage now.
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Matter fact i remember when you could barely even understand how the Forums were set up that ? was hella confusing.

And i remember when you quoted people it would be like a box inside of another box type of thing. Before i joined and i would just lurk on the threads i didnt used to know what the hell was going on. Or who was saying what.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i started on the music/rumors section and than explore the site further and than sign up for the ic in 07-08 than i was mia during the last upgrade and finally decided to sign back up
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't remember the year, but I remember the circumstances. The first thread I ever saw was the "post your real girl" thread, That was some of the funniest ? I've ever seen/read. I've been hooked since then, I just actively started posting here and there last year though, I generally post when i'm bored..... Like now.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was checking all these different celebrity dirt sites and a link on one site led me to AllHipHop where I stumbled across the good ole IC..that was Septemeber 2002.
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Back in 02-03 ..Was looking for music and found allhiphop...been around ever since
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    TheFix wrote: »
    I don't remember the year, but I remember the circumstances. The first thread I ever saw was the "post your real girl" thread, That was some of the funniest ? I've ever seen/read. I've been hooked since then, I just actively started posting here and there last year though, I generally post when i'm bored..... Like now.

yeah that was the thread LMAO

? were goin in and a lot of feelings were caught
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lurker from 2006. Didnt start posting till 2008. Looking for free music and ran acroos AHH then found about the non-sense that goes on around here
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yeah that was the thread LMAO

? were goin in and a lot of feelings were caught

My ? I haven't seen anything like it since.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Late 2004/early 2005 but didn't start posting till 2006. Discovered it lookin for music downloads. Was in The Reasonn mostly, then cheap seats and the social lounge, now a regular all over this board.

I didn't start ? with GnS, The arcade, off the turn buckle, lights camera action and the donkey till last year.
  • Mynutzonslutz
    Mynutzonslutz Members Posts: 36
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I learned about the site back in '04. Back then all I did was read the rumors and listen to what was in the music section. Eventually I started lurking on the IC, then broke down and made an account. Then them 4chan ? came through. I lurked for a bit when it came back, then I made an another, then the website went down again. So this time I waited to make another just in case.....I guess the site will be stable for now.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Found AHH around 02 and used to just check the featured interviews, rumors, and reviews. At first glance the IC was aight, never got into forums much, So I just lurked for a while and in 04 I really started getting my posts up, ? was like the Golden Era of Hiphop B, smoking weed laughing at all the fuckery in Donkey till the early morn in HS.

The upgrades are what killed it, I left it for a bit due to GrouchyGregs Bitchassnesss. Definitely feels more stable now, xcept for the C0dy thing.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    found allhiphop around 01 or so and would just check out the main page signed up and would post lil kid ? on the rumors/news, then one day i ended up clicking on the i.c and became a super lurker sign up i think like 04ish but wouldnt post much came back in like 07 left again and came back around 09
  • Guess...
    Guess... Members Posts: 12
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Found it a couple months before the last upgrade...been lurking ever since.
    Got bored. Signed up.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    found out in '08 joined in '08