Jones could be starter in Dallas

Options
gucci7383
gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
| Don't let the new stadium fool you, Jerry Jones still knows how to take advantage of a good deal when he sees one. The Dallas Cowboys' owner said the team is seriously considering going with Felix Jones as its starting running back, instead of higher priced Marion Barber. Barber is still expected to get significant carries for the Cowboys, even though Tashard Choice may be a cheaper and more viable alternative. Barber is less than two years into a seven-year, $45 million contract with $16 million guaranteed which makes a trade highly unlikely.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
marion will be the starter by wk 5 when jones gets injured again mark my words...he's never played a full season as a nfl rb....

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He's too ? fragile to be a every down back
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sorry but Felix Jones is whack as ? . Barber ? on that boy hard. Choice is better than Jones IMO.
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I start Felix in Madden,it's time for the Wade to make that change.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He looks hella good in the touches he gets and he puts up starter numbers when he had the chances but Id stick with a 2back system he gets hurt way to damn much to carry the ball 200 times a year
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    He's too ? fragile to be a every down back

thats true

but barber aint to consistent himself
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Barber was consistent when he was the sole carrier of the ball and carried it 20-25 times a game, Garrett is doing way too much with this bs three back system. Our offense was more consistent too, Garrett is tryna give everyone touches.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dee.i.? wrote: »

I do too...and that ? gets hurt like every 4th play
  • msuman
    msuman Confirm Email Posts: 450
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jones and Barber are both injury prone. Choice is the sleeper of the group.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think when all are healthy and on top of their game Barber is still the best back for the Cowboys. If I was them I would try to trade Choice for some draft picks.
  • msuman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I think when all are healthy and on top of their game Barber is still the best back for the Cowboys. If I was them I would try to trade Choice for some draft picks.

So let me get this straight....you would trade Choice....and leave Barber and Jones.....2 injury prone backs as the only backs on the team?
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    msuman wrote: »
    So let me get this straight....you would trade Choice....and leave Barber and Jones.....2 injury prone backs as the only backs on the team?

Choice ain't as good as people are hyping him up to be, to be honest our O Line make all them ? look better than they are.
  • msuman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Choice ain't as good as people are hyping him up to be, to be honest our O Line make all them ? look better than they are.

I am by no means saying Choice is better than Barber or Jones but I think he is more reliable than either of them.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

I think you're 100% wrong with both your statements.

1. Barber's biggest strength was his ability to come off the bench and dominate tired defenses in the 2nd half. Since he's became the starter and the carries have increased, the injuries have stacked up and he's become more cautious as a back.

2. Our O-line isnt that good. They're better at run blocking than pass protection, but they still arent that good.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dee.i.? wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    I do too...and that ? gets hurt like every 4th play

co-sign to the fullest..
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    | Don't let the new stadium fool you, Jerry Jones still knows how to take advantage of a good deal when he sees one. The Dallas Cowboys' owner said the team is seriously considering going with Felix Jones as its starting running back, instead of higher priced Marion Barber. Barber is still expected to get significant carries for the Cowboys, even though Tashard Choice may be a cheaper and more viable alternative. Barber is less than two years into a seven-year, $45 million contract with $16 million guaranteed which makes a trade highly unlikely.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
    marion will be the starter by wk 5 when jones gets injured again mark my words...he's never played a full season as a nfl rb....
    Hes been in the league 2yrs.... Michael Irvin got injured his first 2 and Miles Austin and Roy Williams stay getting injured... ? Barber has been injured the past 2 years so what r u dumb ? talking about.
  • BlackxChild
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Barber was consistent when he was the sole carrier of the ball and carried it 20-25 times a game, Garrett is doing way too much with this bs three back system. Our offense was more consistent too, Garrett is tryna give everyone touches.

Choice rarely got any carries... Choice was only out there for receiving and wildcat...
  • BlackxChild
    edited March 2010
    Options

If u saw choice in the Steelers and Ravens game youd know he's better than ? ass Barber.... Actual NFL scouts say Barber wasnt that good.... There r far more injury prone players on the boys than felix
  • allied
    edited March 2010
    Options
    msuman wrote: »

WTF you're acting like the Cowboys running game will collapse w/o Choice. You can't get rid of Barber because of his contract and Jones is better than Choice you might as well trade him while his stock is high.
  • BlackxChild
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WTF you're acting like the Cowboys running game will collapse w/o Choice. You can't get rid of Barber because of his contract and Jones is better than Choice you might as well trade him while his stock is high.

Barber can be cut he's already hitting the runningback wall.... He has never ran for 1000 yards cut that ? rbs r to easy to find.... Funny thing is ppl say the Cowboys r looking for rbs late in the draft and Barber will most likely be gone....
  • allied
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Barber can be cut he's already hitting the runningback wall.... He has never ran for 1000 yards cut that ? rbs r to easy to find.... Funny thing is ppl say the Cowboys r looking for rbs late in the draft and Barber will most likely be gone....

Barber is guaranteed 16 million so if the Cowboys cut him it's a hit I think even Jerry Jones couldn't stomach plus doesn't he still like Barber?
  • BlackxChild
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Barber is guaranteed 16 million so if the Cowboys cut him it's a hit I think even Jerry Jones couldn't stomach plus doesn't he still like Barber?

He's been played 2 yrs of that and hasnt done ? .... He was avg 3.6 yards for the longest time.... Choice and felix flat out look better.... Felix never got injured at Arkansas so 2 years of injuries isnt that bad.