jackthemack
jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Reason
Lupe Fiasco
J Cole
Big Sean
Saigon
Odd Future

straight up I've never heard these ? brought up in conversations whether I was at school, at the courts, at the barbershop, nowhere. EVER. If it wasn't for the IC, I'd have no idea who Big Sean is. Only reason I know about Odd Future is cuz of people spamming Golfwang on fuccin Twitter like months ago.

Streets are not checking for Lupe or J Cole. That's just what it is. You can't slap that ? in the whip.

Comments

• Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Everybody is on the internet now homie
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Brova wrote: »
    Everybody is on the internet now homie

c......................................................................s
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Big Sean and Lupe some of the biggest records in the country this year.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The whole "Nobody listens to them outside of them internet is dumb as hell". If these artist are doing shows obviously somebody is listening to them. Everybody is outside the internet so how can somebody not be listened outside the internet.
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    The whole "Nobody listens to them outside of them internet is dumb as hell". If these artist are doing shows obviously somebody is listening to them. Everybody is outside the internet so how can somebody not be listened outside the internet.

c/s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i put people on to artist all the time i find on the internet. Their legit artist kendrick cole krit big sean lamarr etc the weeknd. People arent exposed so they dont know they exist when theyre exposed its ? to em...
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lupe got a top ten hit on the radio right now... ? he bout to go gold. I can't call him Joe budden status anymore when he doing the same numbers as wiz Khalifa's and bob
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lupe got a top ten hit on the radio right now... ? he bout to go gold. I can't call him Joe budden status anymore when he doing the same numbers as wiz Khalifa's and bob

I always heard about Lupe outside of the internet where im at, even when he had kick push some ? i knew ? wit him. im not on no stan ? either. Sadly one rapper i can say that nobody listens to outside of the internet is Big L. Im probably one of his biggest fans, but i can speak about him objectively.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Noone where I live bumps Brotha lynch hung
  • P. Town
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Honestly, I don't hear about nobody around here, but Lil Boosie, Gucci Mane, and Jeezy
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i listen to Lupe
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    word cuz your hood and friends consist of the whole world...SMH

I saw a white guy listening to Ross in his car.. you dont see me making a thread saying only white people listen to Ross...
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Honestly, I don't hear about nobody around here, but Lil Boosie, Gucci Mane, and Jeezy

u live in the south?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    are we inside the internet right now?
    ? !
    *head explodes*

Lmao, smh...
  • P. Town
    edited June 2011
    Options
    u live in the south?

Yep............
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Add Wayne to the list and thats all I hear in my hood
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    believe it or not ? from my town actually knock lupe fiasco .....

big sean i've never heard a soul speak on dude outside of the interwebs ....

T/S u forget to add G-Unit as a whole to your list ....
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I live in chicago and never heard a soul bumping lupe fiasco

Of course they have shows and sell records Nobody in my area bumps him is the point

Off the net lupe is not discussed on the block in the hood at parties and I dont kick it wit ignorant clowns just a couple not more than 5, the regular people are not interested in that geek

His fans will support him thats not who we talkin about

so then who you talking about? people who dont like him? why would they listen to his music if they dont like him?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? where I'm at we talk bout guys like Kendrick Lamar, j Cole, krit all the time. Lupe too but more negatively since lasers. We talk bout the mainstream ? too... But we go to more shows involving "Internet only" rappers and talk bout this underground Internet shot just as much.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the internet is where most people i know get their music , so that they only get play on the internet don't mean ? to me , honestly if they not up on the new dope talent , i think they a

lame . The people I be around be on some you ain't cool if you don't know about the newest ? .
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The rappers t/s named tour often, so...

Plus Lupe and Big Sean had some big singles this year

Only rapper on t/s list i would say is Saigon, although i listen to him heavily...
    l.jpg
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yep............

That's prob why. They bump bump flocka heavy up here, but they mostly be listenin to dat ny ? like jadakiss, french montana, max b, vado, meek mill (philly) etc
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lil B, Odd Future
  • P. Town
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That's prob why. They bump bump flocka heavy up here, but they mostly be listenin to dat ny ? like jadakiss, french montana, max b, vado, meek mill (philly) etc

? was on Frenchie for a while. Then hopped off real quick.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? where I'm at we talk bout guys like Kendrick Lamar, j Cole, krit all the time. Lupe too but more negatively since lasers. We talk bout the mainstream ? too... But we go to more shows involving "Internet only" rappers and talk bout this underground Internet shot just as much.

u from the safe side of town fam ?