? , why does it...

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
...have feelings? Why does ? have a sex?

If there is a ? , why does it have feelings at all? It's the creator of everything, it's power is so grand it can do anything it pleases at any given time. It "knows everything"; past, present and future. It knows all outcomes to everything; dates, deaths, births, choices etc. So why be petty and have feelings over some ? ? Why is ? the most salty being that catches feelings harder than 2012!? (no diss)

Why is ? a man? Why does it have to have a sex? Can it not just be a ? without anything? Is it a man because "Adam" was first? Or because ALL cultures say ? created a MAN first?

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If I was lazy, I'd cite that quote where someone says something about man creating "? " in his own image.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

If there is a ? , why does it have feelings at all? It's the creator of everything, it's power is so grand it can do anything it pleases at any given time. It "knows everything"; past, present and future. It knows all outcomes to everything; dates, deaths, births, choices etc. So why be petty and have feelings over some ? ? Why is ? the most salty being that catches feelings harder than 2012!? (no diss)

Why is ? a man? Why does it have to have a sex? Can it not just be a ? without anything? Is it a man because "Adam" was first? Or because ALL cultures say ? created a MAN first?

Well, why can't ? have feelings? What good is it to know everything and be detached from all it? Unless you believe that ? should be something else other than what the Bible says...assuming that this is the ? you are talking about.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Well, why can't ? have feelings? What good is it to know everything and be detached from all it? Unless you believe that ? should be something else other than what the Bible says...assuming that this is the ? you are talking about.

Let's go with ? "does have feelings", and also knows everything. What was the point in creating the dinosaurs first? He would have to know it was pointless, because 1. they cannot pray/worship him. 2. they cannot love/hate him. So did this mean ? "loved" dinosaurs more? The dinos lived for millions of years, what feelings were involved with that? He wasn't receiving any in return so...?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Let's go with ? "does have feelings", and also knows everything. What was the point in creating the dinosaurs first? He would have to know it was pointless, because 1. they cannot pray/worship him. 2. they cannot love/hate him. So did this mean ? "loved" dinosaurs more? The dinos lived for millions of years, what feelings were involved with that? He wasn't receiving any in return so...?

Well, how do we know what is pointless in respect to ? ? Just because creation can't see the point doesn't mean ? is without one. And what is love...that we can say that we know how ? should do so?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Lol.

But I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that absolute knowledge and "feelings" are incompatible? I don't think that this is necessarily true. And, has ? been "petty" and "salty"? Is that an accurate statement? (Mind you, those questions, like all or most of my questions, are honest and not rhetorical or sarcastic).

Is ? a man? If so, that's news to me.

I still think that's it's borderline hopeless and blasphemous (for the religious types) to assume who, what, and why ? is. I don't think that we have or can know the definitive truth to such questions. But that's just my opinion.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Lol.

But I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that absolute knowledge and "feelings" are incompatible? I don't think that this is necessarily true. And, has ? been "petty" and "salty"? Is that an accurate statement? (Mind you, those questions, like all or most of my questions, are honest and not rhetorical or sarcastic).

Nah, I'm not saying that feelings and knowledge are incompatible. I dunno, this bible ? is this extremely "powerful" being. It has the power to do whatever it pleases, create/destroy and it does so to life, now that's pretty damn powerful. What I'm saying about feelings is, how or why does it have feelings? Does it really require feelings in the first place, meaning to interact with us, to tell us it loves us, it cares, its angry, its jealous etc... to me it's like damn, this ? did all this and yet he's so sensitive. Also, to me, from the bible, ? is pretty "salty" and "petty". This ? gets upset over the easiest things, he got upset with Moses mob because they turned the 'gold into a golden calf'. ? was so bitter about that he supposedly asks Moses to slaughter the ones who refuse to pretty much "apologize". Then even after the ones who do "apologize" get done doing this murder spree, ? strikes them all down with some sort of sickness. Not to mention Moses is in the promise land for not listening to ? about making water come from a rock the right way. I mean, come on, isn't that some petty ass ? to be upset about?

Those kinds of feelings. I just don't see why something so grand would be so sensitive.

Is ? a man? If so, that's news to me.

I still think that's it's borderline hopeless and blasphemous (for the religious types) to assume who, what, and why ? is. I don't think that we have or can know the definitive truth to such questions. But that's just my opinion.

Sure ? is a man, everyone says HE, or HIM, HE created us. Hell, the bible refers to ? as a he.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? ’s exact purpose for the various dinosaurs is still a mystery, but we do know that everything he's done in this solar system or universe, is done for Mankind. So Perhaps the larger dinosaurs kept certain types of lush plant life under control and cleared paths through the forest. Using their long necks, some dinosaurs could have eaten foliage at the tops of tall trees. In a thick forest, this would let light come down to the ground, so smaller plants would have a chance to grow.

? brought many animals to Adam for his personal inspection... ? watched to see what Adam thought of all these wonderful creatures. He waited while Adam made up a name for each one (Genesis 2:19). Each new animal must have been an interesting surprise, displaying our Creator’s power and creativity.

Why did ? invent so many different kinds of beautiful, interesting introid and surprising animals? Perhaps because He wanted to delight imperfect Mankind with His power, wisdom, and love.

Couldn't have ? just did it himself? Make the planet "lush" with all greens and what not?

I find it very strange that ALL animals came to Adam to be named. Even animals that couldn't even live in Adams area as well? Such as penguins, polar bears, deep sea fish etc? Come on now lol
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Come on now lol where does it say that ALL animals came to Adam??...or is it, that ? knew ahead of time that

...even if every animal did Not go to Adam...they would still be named by Mankind, at some point, just like he planned and just like what inevitably happened?

fair enough, jumped that one.

But ? or no ? they would've been named regardless. It didn't need gods knowledge for that.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

To some ? is not a man it is a Godess, to others ? is Genderless, Some Consider the universe as ? and take th fact that we are made in his own image to be supported by the fact we are made of Molecules and Atoms that function in much the same way as the rest of the universe. Some believe that ? /Gods/Angels are simply Alien Life to primitive Humans while other believe they exist in another Dimensional Plane. Still others can rationalize that the energy that animates us which can never be destroyed returns to the ultimate source and call that destination heaven or ? .

I find no small Irony in the fact that both sides of religion are extremists and make broad generalizations about the other side to try and prove their superiority. There is a lot of interpretations that can be made about the nature of spirituality/? and Ironically those who do not believe in more are just as uniformed in there closemindedness as those they ridicule all failing to see that we do not know it all and there are always new things to be discovered so by making absolute statements and belief stances you present a religious hubris that stagnants and misses the ultimate points...
  • wink_da_god
    wink_da_god Members Posts: 169
    edited July 2011
    Options
    *slight correction*

? has the POWER to know all things

there are obviously times within the scripture that ? chooses to use this power and when he chooses not to

its like us having the power to run or read or write or play an instrument

doesnt mean we have to exercise that power 24/7

however in the proper time we may choose to

as humans we were created in his image(not physical) but we have emotions because he does
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nah, I'm not saying that feelings and knowledge are incompatible. I dunno, this bible ? is this extremely "powerful" being. It has the power to do whatever it pleases, create/destroy and it does so to life, now that's pretty damn powerful. What I'm saying about feelings is, how or why does it have feelings? Does it really require feelings in the first place, meaning to interact with us, to tell us it loves us, it cares, its angry, its jealous etc... to me it's like damn, this ? did all this and yet he's so sensitive. Also, to me, from the bible, ? is pretty "salty" and "petty". This ? gets upset over the easiest things, he got upset with Moses mob because they turned the 'gold into a golden calf'. ? was so bitter about that he supposedly asks Moses to slaughter the ones who refuse to pretty much "apologize". Then even after the ones who do "apologize" get done doing this murder spree, ? strikes them all down with some sort of sickness. Not to mention Moses is in the promise land for not listening to ? about making water come from a rock the right way. I mean, come on, isn't that some petty ass ? to be upset about?

Those kinds of feelings. I just don't see why something so grand would be so sensitive.

I don't think that ? requires anything. He chooses to and chooses not to. I don't think that He didn't create Man to play with or to obey him like robots. He created Man with "love" to serve Him. I believe it's fair to say that He has a great attachment to us, and we are made in Hisimage (and I'm not exactly sure to what extent). Nevertheless, He is deeply invested in us and chooses react (even in sensitive ways like we do because we are images of him after all?) according to his wishes. I mean, why even question something that is eternal and all knowing and all powerful in the first place?

Sure ? is a man, everyone says HE, or HIM, HE created us. Hell, the bible refers to ? as a he.

I don't know too much about this but I still find it skeptical. Just because everyone and the Bible (especially when considering culture, translations, the incompetence of "Christians" when it comes to Christianity, etc) says "He", doesn't really mean that ? is a man. Even if he is a man (because Adam was apparently the first "copy" of ? ), I doubt that He is a human, so comparing Him to a male human would be fallacious, no? Or was that not your point? I forget, my fault.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I don't think that ? requires anything. He chooses to and chooses not to. I don't think that He didn't create Man to play with or to obey him like robots. He created Man with
    "love" to serve Him. I believe it's fair to say that He has a great attachment to us, and we are made in Hisimage (and I'm not exactly sure to what extent). Nevertheless, He is deeply invested in us and chooses react (even in sensitive ways like we do because we are images of him after all?) according to his wishes. I mean, why even question something that is eternal and all knowing and all powerful in the first place?

Good points. I've also wondered if, "in his image" included emotions and such.

I don't know too much about this but I still find it skeptical. Just because everyone and the Bible (especially when considering culture, translations, the incompetence of "Christians" when it comes to Christianity, etc) says "He", doesn't really mean that ? is a man. Even if he is a man (because Adam was apparently the first "copy" of ? ), I doubt that He is a human, so comparing Him to a male human would be fallacious, no? Or was that not your point? I forget, my fault.
    That was pretty much my point I guess, that's how they "assume" a sex to attach to ? .