So yall cool with Harry Reid saying ni99az dont speak well and light skin is better

Options
bornnraisedoffCMR
bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Social Lounge
Damn, where is the outrage?

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Who is he and what happened?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Who is he and what happened?

He's the Senate Democratic leader and yeah that ? was cold... he said Obama doesn't have a ? dialect unless he chooses to use one
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    He's the Senate Democratic leader and yeah that ? was cold... he said Obama doesn't have a ? dialect unless he chooses to use one

He just lucky I dont own a sniper riffle. I'm cold in Halo, lol
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I heard about this. Lmao, he actually said that ? to the man's face. Obama sittin there thinkin "this dude has no idea how racist he sounds"

White people.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't understand what's wrong with this. Dude was talking from a political standpoint. People are making it sound like he was saying "I can deal with Obama because he's light-skinned and isn't some ? jive talking ? ." In actuality he was saying "Obama may have a better chance of winning this election because he is light-skinned and can speak proper english when necessary." Basically, he was just pointing out that those characteristics would make it easier for him to gain white voites. What he said isn't nearly as offensive as people are trying to make it.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what he said is truth. and im glad he said it, it gives us more insight into the white man's train of thought. i think since Obama has took office, they have been constantly trying to get the "? " to come out of him.
    They feel all black men are angry to begin with, and they are perplexed as to why this "? " isnt acting like the rest of the "negroes" do.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    what he said is truth. and im glad he said it, it gives us more insight into the white man's train of thought. i think since Obama has took office, they have been constantly trying to get the "? " to come out of him.
    They feel all black men are angry to begin with, and they are perplexed as to why this "? " isnt acting like the rest of the "negroes" do.
    As he said at the press ball, "In the next 100 days, I was strongly consider loosing my cool."
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    BackByDEMANDisCHINK Members Posts: 220
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont understand why the GOP and (of course) the media is jumping all over him for such a mild comment. What exactly did he say that was wrong or deemed 'racist'? Nothing at all. Light skin is better? We all know that the common thought, with whites, is that 'light skinned' blacks are more acceptable than darker skinned blacks. Thats nothing new and it is very true, he just pointed it out and spoke upon it and that President Obama does not speak with '? dialect'. Who the hell wants a president that says, ? , ? , yo, I'm sayin and such in every sentence? The comment was TRUTH, all truth and nothing more. I'm so tired of everything coming out of a white persons mouth being racist I want to throw up. I thought that when the president was elected it would minimally cease but its transpired into everything and everyone being racist.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The headlines over MSNBC is a story calling for his resignation. That seems to be a fair bit of outrage.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He just lucky I dont own a sniper riffle. I'm cold in Halo, lol

Are you ? ?
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont understand why the GOP and (of course) the media is jumping all over him for such a mild comment.

The GOP would like to take down a major player in their oppositon. The media will do whatever is good for ratings. It's simple.
  • Sun God
    Sun God Members Posts: 367
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The truth is ugly sometimes but everybody knows if he wasn't light skinned and didn't talk the way he does he wouldn't have had a chance in hell.
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    The GOP would like to take down a major player in their oppositon. The media will do whatever is good for ratings. It's simple.
    Thus is true...and they're doing a great ? job of turning something so minute into something of cataclysmic proportions. The man spoke the truth, but americans being the media's followers and malleable ? , jump right in.
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bamagurl wrote: »
    republicans feel there is a double standard going on here. honestly, white people never say anything that surprise me, they use to but now i assume white people say ? like this all the time. in a nutshell he basically says that obama got elected cuz he was lightskinned so he's not as scary to white people and he is articulate and well-spoken unlike most other black people. i personally think its offensive and rude but am i surprised? no. as far as him being asked to resign, im not sure how i feel about that one yet. if he was republican i do think more democrats would be upset.

I'm black and I find what he said no only true and veritable but non racist. You are reading too much into it...I'll call a racist a racist all day any day, I do not know him but I'm merely speaking on said statement he made in the book 'game change'. Did President Obama get elected b/c he was lightskinned alone? NO. But again as I've previously stated, whites tend to feel more comfortable with lighter skinned blacks. Its more acceptable(i.e. hollywood) and they feel they can connect better with someone whom isnt as 'dark'. And the comment about him being articulate is just common sense...no one wants a president to use slang and improper sentences. Its nonplussing that people, particularly blacks, find every damn thing someone says is racist. Get over it and move on, there is REAL racism in the world and here you are entertaining ? because the media tells you too.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited January 2010
    Options
    whites tend to feel more comfortable with lighter skinned blacks.

So do blacks. How many "lol u da darkest ? " jokes have you seen on rap forums? Or in real life? Even black people don't like dark black people.
  • Dazed10
    Dazed10 Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It ok. He is a democrat. There is only one racist party
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So do blacks. How many "lol u da darkest ? " jokes have you seen on rap forums? Or in real life? Even black people don't like dark black people.

True story.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't understand what's wrong with this. Dude was talking from a political standpoint. People are making it sound like he was saying "I can deal with Obama because he's light-skinned and isn't some ? jive talking ? ." In actuality he was saying "Obama may have a better chance of winning this election because he is light-skinned and can speak proper english when necessary." Basically, he was just pointing out that those characteristics would make it easier for him to gain white voites. What he said isn't nearly as offensive as people are trying to make it.

What he said.....................
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You're speaking upon the ignorant but MANY blacks still have that old 'slave mentality'. We have been proselytized to believe that lighter is better which has lasted generation after generation, seemingly gaining preeminence rather than becoming unacceptable to think that way any longer. That is the reason many blacks feel as though slavery was so paramountly powerful because it enslaved the minds forever, rather than just the body.