From "Ape" to Man

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Now I've never read a thing about the "ape to man" evolution, just heard about it and never cared otherwise about it. Last night I was watching "Ape to Man" which was aired on the History Channel in 2005 and it went through the evolution of man and traced it as far back as Lucy, about 3 million years ago. Now I think they may have found something more recent that's older than Lucy (this did come out in 2005, so it's already old) but anyways, what other evidence is there that we came from "ape".

Another thing, is it literally APE or is it more ape LIKE?

Comments

• Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm a little rusty on my anthropology, but I do know in a sort of broad way that the human ape branched off from Chimpanzees, that's why some biologists call humans the third chimpanzee (great book with this title by Jarad Diamond).

Chimps and humans are like 98% the same in terms of DNA
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Humans don't just descend from great apes, we are great apes.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rh factor in most humans blood?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Anyone have more information on this stuff? I know I can just "search" it up on a neat little thing called Google but I like discussing ? along with the information.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Pitiful. Just pitiful if you think your heritage stems from apes. Absolutely disgusting to be honest. What a disgrace. How shameful for somebody to actually be that stupid, dumb, and naive to think we "evolved" from apes. Its absolutely pathetic!
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's also pitiful that you believe in an invisible man who decided to play with playdough mud and make one man. Just believe it DoU, we're all descendents of apes, thank evolution for Lucy walking upright.

LOL

This is why I posted this in the R&R. It's gonna derail into some damn ? but I really, really, hope it doesn't. Religious folks gotta stay the ? out of this etherous thread lol
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    It's also pitiful that you believe in an invisible man who decided to play with playdough mud and make one man. Just believe it DoU, we're all descendents of apes, thank evolution for Lucy walking upright.

LOL

This is why I posted this in the R&R. It's gonna derail into some damn ? but I really, really, hope it doesn't. Religious folks gotta stay the ? out of this etherous thread lol

Go put yourself in the zoo you ape. I want to go throw peanuts and bananas at you, you ape!
  • ThaChozenCoon
    ThaChozenCoon Members Posts: 5
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Massah uses tell me "? boy, go let them apes out they cages".
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited July 2011
    Options

LOL

Have a dictionary ? You should look up "human" and then white out over it. If you are just a clever animal, that is.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Humans don't just descend from great apes, we are great apes.

Very, UNpowerful statement.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

LOL

First, to change your environment you must change yourself. Go ask the caveman.

Playdough mud? Are you serious? Don't atheist like Steve Hawkings believe we came from nothing? So you laugh at people who believe in an invisible man created us but it is perfectly OK, to say we came from the nothingness of space and all the majesty and intricate systems and processes we see come from that? OK. LOL. Fisher Price my first atheist reasoning kit. You defeat your own argument.

Everything found in my body, chemically can be found in the Earth. Furthermore with manipulation of said chemicals, I can restore myself from a sickness state to one of optimal health if the state is not too chronic. I have seen people heal themselves of kidney stones with strict diet regiment of moderation, cranberry juice, and warm water. The cranberry juice and water along with solid food moderation begins to dissapate the stones until passes leaving the subject stone free................ Intelligent design.

I have seen people afflicted with asthmatic conditions, go on citrus juice and warm water only fast for 72 hours and relieve themselves of the condition.....Intelligent design

I have seen women dissolve tumors by strict diet modifications of herbs, fruits and vegatables eliminating meats and dairy, employing enemas, colonics, increasing productive rest and meditation.....Intelligent design.

When you finally figure it out let us know.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hyde parke wrote: »
    very, unpowerful statement.

lol.

• VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Playdough mud? Are you serious? Don't atheist like Steve Hawkings believe we came from nothing? So you laugh at people who believe in an invisible man created us but it is perfectly OK, to say we came from the nothingness of space and all the majesty and intricate systems and processes we see come from that? OK. LOL. Fisher Price my first atheist reasoning kit. You defeat your own argument.

I never said we came from, 'nothing'.
    Everything found in my body, chemically can be found in the Earth. Furthermore with manipulation of said chemicals, I can restore myself from a sickness state to one of optimal health if the state is not too chronic. I have seen people heal themselves of kidney stones with strict diet regiment of moderation, cranberry juice, and warm water. The cranberry juice and water along with solid food moderation begins to dissapate the stones until passes leaving the subject stone free................ Intelligent design.

I have seen people afflicted with asthmatic conditions, go on citrus juice and warm water only fast for 72 hours and relieve themselves of the condition.....Intelligent design

I have seen women dissolve tumors by strict diet modifications of herbs, fruits and vegatables eliminating meats and dairy, employing enemas, colonics, increasing productive rest and meditation.....Intelligent design.

When you finally figure it out let us know.

I agree, but not with the intelligent design part. That's an assumption you're making.

See, my thread isn't saying oh hell yeah this is the truth. I'm asking questions to see about this "evolution of man". See, I put parenthesis around APE?
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont feel like getting into an anthro debate so ill summarize as much as possible.

Humans are an animal with rationality and the ability to communicate abstract ideas, traits that no other animals posess

We descended from other apes, those specific apes are no longer in existence because they died off from inability to compete with humans, they were our direct competitors and lost due to humanity's intelligence and shrewdness, once man learned to manipulate his environment we were no longer at the mercy of nature, unlike other animals

Other apes still exist because, while we are distantly related to them, our genes are isolated from them because we havent bred with them in millions of years
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I never said we came from, 'nothing'.

Yeah, but alot of atheists do.

I agree, but not with the intelligent design part. That's an assumption you're making.

WTFIYTB? If I study the effects of chemicals and food on the human body, and then apply that in a regimented way and it proves to be successful, how is that an assumption?

By the way that is what alot of scientists do. Some of their ideas are not currently and have not been testable. They supposedly use educated guesses(yes, call it what it is) based off a knowledge of things that ARE testable, and have been proven beyond reasonable doubt. Then he purports to extend this off into other areas. I had someone tell me that a certain scenario would take place if you could manipulate the environment to a certain level, yet it was impossible to do so. Huh? So your telling me that you can do something in a environment that is impossible to create and no one has ever created? Yet I should take your word for it because well, that is what so and so said. GTFOH.

Nature is delicate. A minute change in temperature and water turns to ice or boils. I respect scientist to the utmost, but I had one foot in the streets and the other in class, and I know when someone is trying to run game, son.

See, my thread isn't saying oh hell yeah this is the truth. I'm asking questions to see about this "evolution of man". See, I put parenthesis around APE?

Really? The explain this quote from earlier:
    Just believe it DoU, we're all descendents of apes, thank evolution for Lucy walking upright. LOL

cmon-son-police.jpg?w=640&h=480
  • Kushington
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When apes were finally able to walk upright, they were able to create tools and weapons, which increased how much food they could eat, they were able to create things to store food for LATER ON, instead of searching for food only when youre hungry, this allowed us to spend more time raising children, a human child cannot survive on its own, which means years are spent learning from older people

The creation of tools led to complex languages, which led to the sharing of abstract ideas

Mate selection of human ancestors follows that anybody WITHOUT these traits was not selected as a mate, therefore those with them had more descendants and those without died off, such as the other hominid species
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    I dont feel like getting into an anthro debate so ill summarize as much as possible.

Humans are an animal with rationality and the ability to communicate abstract ideas, traits that no other animals posess

We descended from other apes, those specific apes are no longer in existence because they died off from inability to compete with humans, they were our direct competitors and lost due to humanity's intelligence and shrewdness, once man learned to manipulate his environment we were no longer at the mercy of nature, unlike other animals

Other apes still exist because, while we are distantly related to them, our genes are isolated from them because we havent bred with them in millions of years

Huh?

"Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."
    Leviticus 18:23

You talk about disgusting. No wonder the Lord said it's confusion. The ? of this world is ceaseless at blinding the minds of those who don't believe. How can anybody with a straight face tell me that apes gave birth to humans. WTH? How can you honestly look at a me in the face, tell me what you just said, and expect me to believe that you are trustworthy, honest, and filled with integrity? It's confusion! Man, ? shoots 100% from anywhere on the court. What an amazing ? He is!
  • Kushington
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The real question is....why did apes begin to walk upright?

Other apes can walk on two feet for brief periods of time, but they tend to also use their arms as support

Observe human infants, they cannot walk on two feet, cant talk, and cant create anything

Once able to walk and talk, they flourish and advance at astounding rates in comparison to other animals

Yet, as an infant, they are entirely dependent on their caregiver for survival, human have the longest postnatal development period of any animal
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When apes were finally able to walk upright, they were able to create tools and weapons, which increased how much food they could eat, they were able to create things to store food for LATER ON, instead of searching for food only when youre hungry, this allowed us to spend more time raising children, a human child cannot survive on its own, which means years are spent learning from older people

The creation of tools led to complex languages, which led to the sharing of abstract ideas

Mate selection of human ancestors follows that anybody WITHOUT these traits was not selected as a mate, therefore those with them had more descendants and those without died off, such as the other hominid species

Absolute foolishness. This is straight from the pit of hell. This is a doctrine of demons. You call a ? a ? !
  • Kushington
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Huh?

"Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."
    Leviticus 18:23

You talk about disgusting. No wonder the Lord said it's confusion. The ? of this world is ceaseless at blinding the minds of those who don't believe. How can anybody with a straight face tell me that apes gave birth to humans. WTH? How can you honestly look at a me in the face, tell me what you just said, and expect me to believe that you are trustworthy, honest, and filled with integrity? It's confusion! Man, ? shoots 100% from anywhere on the court. What an amazing ? He is!

I believe in ? , because I am positive that something created our existence and universe.

Yet, and please answer this question.....WHAT WERE THE MEANS BY WHICH HUMANITY CAME TO EXIST? Evolution makes the most sense, there is actual evidence of it all around us and it does not discredit the existence of a creator

I think you believe in fairy tales and are easily manipulated. You have no mind of your own, someone else tells you what to believe and you dont challenge it out of fear. You actually have alot of primate qualities dude. Youre such a simpleton, youre a black man who worships a fabled human said to resemble a european man. Thats pathethic
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I believe in ? , because I am positive that something created our existence and universe.

Yet, and please answer this question.....WHAT WERE THE MEANS BY WHICH HUMANITY CAME TO EXIST? Evolution makes the most sense, there is actual evidence of it all around us and it does not discredit the existence of a creator

I think you believe in fairy tales and are easily manipulated. You have no mind of your own, someone else tells you what to believe and you dont challenge it out of fear. You actually have alot of primate qualities dude.

You just said, "I believe in ? , because I am positive that something created our existence and universe."

So if ? created our existence that would mean that He created each animal after their own kind.

Are you telling me that ? is not intelligent enough to separately create different types of species?

The same ? who stretched out the heavens like a tent to dwell in, just by the breath of His mouth?

Interesting.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Options

Direct competitors? Dude an ape would tear you to pieces if you were in the same habitat as them. There was no direct competiton if we evolved, that put us on a higher plane of existence. We had no sophisticated nothing to deal with apes. What? Some crude tool is going to stop some 400 pound ape charging on a 160 pound man? LOL.

We don't desire the same things apes want. If this were true Apes would have been gone. We could merk every ape on the planet.

This does not give a good explanation of why they exist stil particularly if we are related to them and as you say we evolved from them and became direct competition.
  • Kushington
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Absolute foolishness. This is straight from the pit of hell. This is a doctrine of demons. You call a ? a ? !

Doctrine of demons? You are a complete imbicile.

Why are you a christian? Because you descend from slaves. they were told by white masters to be good well behaved slaves, worship a white man as your ? , and you will be given a good afterlife in heaven, despite the logical fallacy of ceasing to exist after death

Youre pathetic.
  • Kushington
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Direct competitors? Dude an ape would tear you to pieces if you were in the same habitat as them. There was no direct competiton if we evolved, that put us on a higher plane of existence. We had no sophisticated nothing to deal with apes. What? Some crude tool is going to stop some 400 pound ape charging on a 160 pound man? LOL.

We don't desire the same things apes want. If this were true Apes would have been gone. We could merk every ape on the planet.

This does not give a good explanation of why they exist stil particularly if we are related to them and as you say we evolved from them and became direct competition.

Are you ? ? The mental capabilities of humanity obviously trumps the pure strength of apes. The apes we directly descend from are dead, humans are the only ones that survived. The apes that are still alive CANNOT BREED WITH HUMANS BECAUSE OF THE ISOLATED GENE POOLS.

Do you understand that by the time the other hominids were still competing with us, we were already separated from the other apes by millions of years?

Are you even able to comprehend how long the earth has been in existence? Can you wrap your mind around billions of years?