IC Arcade Cheap Ass Gamer thread

Options

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ah ? it i caved an opened it. pretty fun honestly. i just suck ass at it, and im only playing at pro.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Yes Best Buy got a bunch of stuff for like 20 bones available

I peeped that when I was there earlier tonight. They got some pretty decent titles, too. $20 for Tekken 6 = not bad at all.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I peeped that when I was there earlier tonight. They got some pretty decent titles, too. $20 for Tekken 6 = not bad at all.

lol Ive seen Tekken 6 for as low as $8 last year
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Duke Nukem Forever is 5 bucks at best buy.
  • earth two superman
    edited December 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    Duke Nukem Forever is 5 bucks at best buy.

4 bucks too expensive
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    4 bucks too expensive

you mean 5 bucks too expensive ? needs to be in that landfill with all the copies of ET
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i wish i spent the $5 on a subway sandwich
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    4 bucks too expensive

peagle05 wrote: »
    you mean 5 bucks too expensive ? needs to be in that landfill with all the copies of ET

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    i wish i spent the $5 on a subway sandwich

lol!..........
  • urhinest
    urhinest Members Posts: 210
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DAMN

duke couldnt have been that bad
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    For today only, Future Shop is currently selling the Playstation 3 320GB Uncharted 3 Console for $249.99 and in addition, you will receive two free games.

The two free games are Little Big Planet Game of the Year and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. To buy this bundle, head over to the Future Shop website here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/playstation-3-playstation3-320gb-uncharted-3-bundle-98438/10181734.aspx?CMP=LEC-Twitter
  • earth two superman
    Options
    thats an INCREDIBLE deal.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    LMAO listen, last post was in October. We gotta start somewhere.

MW2 anyone?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is ? of war origins worth getting?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is ? of war origins worth getting?

Hail yeah.

• KillaCham
    Options
    Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, more now $30

Origin is hosting a pretty massive promotion for Memorial's Day weekend. They're slashing the prices of several high-profile games available through the service, including Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3, from now until May 29th.

There's no rhyme or reason to the list of discounted games. A lot of them are published by EA. For example, the Battlefield, Sims 3, Crysis and Mass Effect franchises are all 50% off. However, select games from other publishers (like Batman: Arkham City) got the discount as well. In some cases, it's a PC-only sale while in others the console versions got some love, too. You can find a partial list of games covered by the promotion here. Your best bet is to just search the store for your desired game, though.

Surprisingly, Star Wars: The Old Republic isn't one of the games available on the cheap. It seems like that game's always getting discounts or free weekend. Maybe those promotions will be drying up now, though, now that the game's experiencing tough times. It's been bleeding subscribers this spring, forcing BioWare to lay off part of the development team.

If I had to pick just one game in the store to buy during this sale, it'd be Battlefield 3. It's pretty much the only game from the holiday season that I'm still playing. The reasons that I'm still logging time in BF3 probably require their own piece. Suffice to say, it's a deep and satisfying shooter that's unlike anything else on the market.

Should you have an aversion to Origin, note that some of these discounts are also available elsewhere this weekend. For example, Amazon is currently offering Mass Effect 3 for $29.99. Presumably that price cut will expire at the end of the weekend as well.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ buying games.

I just bought a 360 on ebay with a broken disc drive for 23$ (shipping included). I wanna RGH that console. Anybody on here got an RGH 360?

broke ? talk....I just copped a brand new 360...one of the newer models along with Ace Combat 6 and the Gears of War bundle.....I'm now apart of the ps360 brigade...
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ buying games.

I just bought a 360 on ebay with a broken disc drive for 23$ (shipping included). I wanna RGH that console. Anybody on here got an RGH 360?

broke ? talk....I just copped a brand new 360...one of the newer models along with Ace Combat 6 and the Gears of War bundle.....I'm now apart of the ps360 brigade...

Welcome. Thats the way to play, ? that fanboy ? .

• earth two superman
    Options
    PSN Introduces Ultimate Editions
    + Posted by Paul Sullivan // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms
    On Tuesday, May 29th, the PlayStation Store delivers Ultimate Editions to the PlayStation Nation! We’re bundling terrific PS3 Full Games with all of their DLC and offering these Ultimate Editions at great prices with even bigger discounts for PlayStation Plus members! There is truly no better time to beef up your game collection. Choose from these awesome titles:

Red Dead Redemption with Legends and Killers, Liars and Cheats and Undead Nightmare
    Rockstar’s open-world Western with DLC offering nine new multiplayer maps, over 25 new multiplayer characters, additional new multiplayer weapons and new trophies. Oh, zombies, too!
    $27.99 ($19.59 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

InFAMOUS 2 Complete Edition
    Cole MacGrath returns in SuckerPunch’s action adventure hit. Help save New Marais from the Beast, and itself.
    $33.99 ($23.79 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

BioShock 2 with Exclusive Character Pack, Minerva’s Den, The Protector Trials, Rapture Metro and Sinclair Solutions
    This survival horror shooter from 2K Games picks up eight years after the ending of the first BioShock. The DLC brings you an increased multiplayer rank (up to 50), 4 new multiplayer characters, 6 new multiplayer maps, 6 new trials maps, new weapons, trophies and trials.

MotorStorm Apocalypse
    This intense racing game from Evolution Studios gives you over 40 tracks based in The City, on the west coast of the United States. Play through the Festival solo, in couch co-op, or online multiplayer.
    $50.49 ($35.34 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

Call of Duty: Black Ops with First Strike, Escalation, Annihilation and Rezurrection Packs
    Treyarch’s latest CoD installment speaks for itself. We’ve added all four Map Packs to this Ultimate Edition, bringing you over 20 new maps and new playable characters.
    $66.49 ($46.54 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
    Help Cole Phelps clean up 1947 Los Angeles in this captivating open-world crime adventure from Rockstar. This Ultimate Edition includes plenty of additional cases for you to solve.

Mafia II with Betrayal of Jimmy, Greaser Pack, Jimmy’s Vendetta, Joe’s Adventure, Renegade Pack, Vegas Pack and Hero Pack
    2K’s third-person action-adventure sequel offers a gritty mid-century gangster experience you’re sure to enjoy. DLC adds new missions, new clothes and new cars.
    $20.99 ($14.69 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition
    This Avalanche Studios title places you in the fictional Pacific island of Panau, giving you an open-world adventure experience you’re sure to remember. This Ultimate Edition includes new weapons and vehicles for you to enjoy.
    $20.99 ($14.69 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

Mortal Kombat with the Warrior Bundle and Klassic Skins Pack 1
    Get the latest version of this 2D fighter classic along with Klassic Costumes for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Mileena, Kitana, Ermac and Jade. Add in new warriors Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and Freddy Krueger and you have this unbeatable Ultimate Edition.
    $34.99 ($24.49 for PlayStation Plus Members!)
    These are deals that simply cannot be passed up. And check out the extra savings for PlayStation Plus members – there’s never been a better time to join! Make sure that you check out the PlayStation Store this Tuesday for the Ultimate Editions and round out your game library with these amazing collections.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    jc2 and la noire sounds like a good deal. lol @anyone who buys bioshock 2 though
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ Blacks Ops costing more on PSN than it did when I bought it full price AFTER taxes.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    it comes with all dlc though. its not a bad deal if you never played it
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it comes with all dlc though. its not a bad deal if you never played it

Please excuse my previous post, that was a dumb ? post lol. I saw all the cheap ass prices for the other games, then saw Blacks Ops and was like "wtf", but I forgot it was with the DLC.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    lol nah they all come with dlc.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    Options
    Gamefly is having a good sale.

If you are a GameFly member, you have access to the following used PS3 games priced at under twenty bucks:

Assassin's Creed Revelations $13.49

SoulCalibur V $16.19

Sonic Generations $11.69

Rage $8.99

Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters $11.69

Killzone 3 $11.69

Rayman Origins $11.69

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves $11.69

WWE All Stars $11.69

Catherine $13.49

Dead Island $13.49

Final Fantasy XIII-2 $13.49