The doctrine of Hell and the eternal Soul

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wink_da_? viewpost-right.png
well i do believe ? will destroy the wicked however i do not believe that he will torment them. i think it comes down to the context in which the words n the bible are spoken basically. for example gehenna. a physical place south of jerusalem as pointed out in josh 15:8 was a placed used to destroy things deemed undesirable and unclean. i think of it to be more symbolic of eternal destruction when used to denote the fate of the wicked n the future. also in terms of hellfire as jesus spoke of was more of an illustration of complete destruction as u know jesus often spoke n illustrative measures. because ? condemned the practice of burning folks @ jerimiah 7:31 and anything he condemns he wouldnt then turn around and practice.

the soul i believe represents one's life force as the bible clearly states the soul dies when the person does as pointed out at num 19:13 it suggests that man has the power to cut off another man's soul as ? gives the directive on how to deal w ppl who were unclean back n the day